Dumb Jaguars already giving mumbles bulletin board material.

BP

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3184960

If the undefeated Patriots need bulletin board material for their playoff game Saturday night against the Jaguars, they have it now.

If Jacksonville defensive lineman Paul Spicer had his way, the Patriots wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs because of the Spygate scandal.

"Do like the NCAA and kick them out of the playoffs or something," Spicer told The Associated Press after news of the scandal broke. "Put them on probation; they can't go to no playoff games. Roger Goodell has definitely enforced some new rules. He's been hard on players. Now let's see how hard he's going to be with a team."

The Patriots lost their 2008 first-round draft pick, the team was fined $250,000 and Bill Belichick was docked $500,000 as a result of the scandal, in which they were caught videotaping New York Jets coaches' signals during the teams' Week 1 matchup. New England still has one 2008 first-round pick as a result of their trade with the San Francisco 49ers during the 2007 draft.

"This ain't news. I've heard it in the past. They finally got caught. The Patriots got caught. They're busted," he also told the AP at the time.

Appearing on ESPN2's First Take on Monday morning, Spicer stood by his comments.

"I don't regret saying what I said. I'm a man of my word. I always speak my mind and that's what I felt at that time," Spicer said.

In the long run, Spicer said Spygate doesn't matter when it comes to Saturday night's playoff game.

"It doesn't really matter ... What matters is getting out there and playing football. It still comes down to catching the football, tackling, blocking."

Spicer said he wasn't worried about giving the Patriots added motivation for their playoff game.

"If they got to bring up something said so long ago, let that be their motivational tool," he said.

If the undefeated Patriots need bulletin board material for their playoff game Saturday night against the Jaguars, they have it now.

If Jacksonville defensive lineman Paul Spicer had his way, the Patriots wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs because of the Spygate scandal.

"Do like the NCAA and kick them out of the playoffs or something," Spicer told The Associated Press after news of the scandal broke. "Put them on probation; they can't go to no playoff games. Roger Goodell has definitely enforced some new rules. He's been hard on players. Now let's see how hard he's going to be with a team."

The Patriots lost their 2008 first-round draft pick, the team was fined $250,000 and Bill Belichick was docked $500,000 as a result of the scandal, in which they were caught videotaping New York Jets coaches' signals during the teams' Week 1 matchup. New England still has one 2008 first-round pick as a result of their trade with the San Francisco 49ers during the 2007 draft.

"This ain't news. I've heard it in the past. They finally got caught. The Patriots got caught. They're busted," he also told the AP at the time.

Appearing on ESPN2's First Take on Monday morning, Spicer stood by his comments.

"I don't regret saying what I said. I'm a man of my word. I always speak my mind and that's what I felt at that time," Spicer said.

In the long run, Spicer said Spygate doesn't matter when it comes to Saturday night's playoff game.

"It doesn't really matter ... What matters is getting out there and playing football. It still comes down to catching the football, tackling, blocking."

Spicer said he wasn't worried about giving the Patriots added motivation for their playoff game.

"If they got to bring up something said so long ago, let that be their motivational tool," he said.

this was said months ago

if that what it takes for pats to get a woodie!!!!!!!

this was said months ago

if that what it takes for pats to get a woodie!!!!!!!

That's today

ESPN brought up the interview that he did at the beginning of the year, so technically is ESPN providing the Patriots with bulletin board material?

Ya know,normally I could care less about this sort of garbage, but when ESPN puts an article on their front page "Jags' Spicer gives Pats Bulletin Board Material" and this is the story,its just annoying and a joke. Sadly,this is what ESPN has become and I really shouldn't be surprised by this.

All Spicer simply said today is that he does not take back those comments (those comments were made back in September). Why should he? A lot of people felt that the Patriots got off too light and Spicer was just voicing his displeasure. Its going to be a good game, but would be better if Henderson is healthy enough to play and contribute, not just be a body.

ESPN is trying to create a story to fill time.

Patriots will be preparing hard with or without this. It is irrelevant.

Actually I don't understand why everyone think the reason the Pats went 16-0 was motivation from spygate. It wasn't it was motivated by losing to the Colts in the AFCCG. That is why BB got Moss and Welker and the FAs.

Actually I don't understand why everyone think the reason the Pats went 16-0 was motivation from spygate. It wasn't it was motivated by losing to the Colts in the AFCCG. That is why BB got Moss and Welker and the FAs.

You know, BB and Brady will never admit it, but I think they really, really hate Peyton Manning and the Colts. Both of they are way too competitive and arrogant people to be able to ignore someone else being called the best. The media and many casual fans for YEARS have been hyping up the Colts, and even now the Manning vs Brady "debate" probably absolutely pisses Brady off, with 3 SB rings and great stats with a lot less talent, I'm sure Brady thinks he's way better and it's not a rivalry at all.

I know that burns me when I think I'm better than somebody else at something but they get the credit or praise, and I just think for Brady and BB that has GOT to be amplified a lot.

How much are you guys paying the Steeler's ref crew this week. They must be getting more expensive as you get closer to the Super Bowl.

Archived