school bans ice cream

johnny green balls

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey i get a break now and then as well. Come say that to me M-F when my go home time is 230 pm but its 430 and im trying to make a good lesson for YOUR BRAT:)

instead of lessons just don't give choices on test. one choice in the cafeteria and on multiple choice, all answers can be the same. kids will only choose correctly then!

thank you. good habits start at home. if the parents are selfish and have no time for their kids, the school isn't going to be able to rectify that. it takes a PARENT to raise a child not a damn village.

I am actually not disagreeing with what you said. It does start at home, I believe that.

BUT -- I can't wait until you have kids. I am assuming you are going to be a double lawyer working family. Ah, those threads are gonna be great!

:rl:

NEWS FLASH: Im suggesting that having school cAFETERIAS serve only healthy foods to our kids is a noble gesture

too bad im alone on this

we might actually agree more than we think. i just think this school is going after the low hanging fruit here. ban the ice cream and they'll get kudos for being healthy and maybe no one will bring up the fact that the entrees aren't healthy either and kids eat a lot more of that then the contents of one little ice cream cup. one ice cream now and then doesn't make someone unhealthy. eating unhealthy meals day in and day out does.

instead of lessons just don't give choices on test. one choice in the cafeteria and on multiple choice, all answers can be the same. kids will only choose correctly then!

I like how none of you guys who want to debate can stay on task. That means talking about what should be served in our schools vs. abortion...multiple choice tests

I like how none of you guys who want to debate can stay on task. That means talking about what should be served in our schools vs. abortion...multiple choice tests

healthy entree choices and desserts (if you want to say one dessert per entree, fine). teaches kids if you have a healthy diet a treat in MODERATION is acceptable. elevating something to "forbidden fruit" status will only backfire.

That would be the result of the large ADD epidemic that began when kids started using computers. They hve become used to instant entertainment and quick answers and genrally do not have the attention span to focus on one thing for prolonged periods of time. They are, however, masters of multitasking hence the debate going all over them map.

I am actually not disagreeing with what you said. It does start at home, I believe that.

BUT -- I can't wait until you have kids. I am assuming you are going to be a double lawyer working family. Ah, those threads are gonna be great!

:rl:

ya,,,

JGB: "I dont care if you want to or not, you are going to Grandpas for the week again"

NEWS FLASH: Im suggesting that having school cAFETERIAS serve only healthy foods to our kids is a noble gesture

too bad im alone on this

You're not, it's a good thing. At the end of the day, if they don't do this they'll just wind up getting sued by the same idiot parents who sue places like McDonald's for making their kids fat.

healthy entree choices and desserts (if you want to say one dessert per entree, fine). teaches kids if you have a healthy diet a treat in MODERATION is acceptable. elevating something to "forbidden fruit" status will only backfire.

OK, im going to say this ONE MORE TIME:

There is NO HEALTHY CHOICE IN SCHOOL TODAY. Its not like they are serving up some nice baked chicked breast with steamed veggies and then offering a small ice cream treat. THAT would be fine.

The problem is that 90% of the food is the epitome of unhealthy. So, on top of this, how is the ice cream necccessary.

So theres a problem. Nobody does anything about it.

Suddenly one school makes an EFFORT, a baby step in the right direction. They get blasted for their effort.

DK needs a partner. He is battling 1 and 1a (JGB and SJ). Someone join forces with SJ and let's get this fight rolling.

max, please dont insult me. this is one of the lamest and most bizzare threads of all time.

I could out debate these clowns with a severe head injury

OK, im going to say this ONE MORE TIME:

There is NO HEALTHY CHOICE IN SCHOOL TODAY. Its not like they are serving up some nice baked chicked breast with steamed veggies and then offering a small ice cream treat. THAT would be fine.

The problem is that 90% of the food is the epitome of unhealthy. So, on top of this, how is the ice cream necccessary.

So theres a problem. Nobody does anything about it.

Suddenly one school makes an EFFORT, a baby step in the right direction. They get blasted for their effort.

i agree but it's an empty baby step that ignores the real problem. the entree is 90% by volume what kids eat at lunch and not every kid eats the ice cream anyway, fix the real problem. istead of getting all self-congratulatory because you knocked down a boogieman of your own creation.

it seems we agree

BUt thats the problem...it seems we DONT agree. you are against the effort to try to reduce the calorie intake in school.

You pretty much said that you feel that your kid should have the choice to have that ice cream....right after he finished his tater tots, hot dog and soda

BUt thats the problem...it seems we DONT agree. you are against the effort to try to reduce the calorie intake in school.

You pretty much said that you feel that your kid should have the choice to have that ice cream....right after he finished his tater tots, hot dog and soda

a piece of pizza has more calories than a ice cream cup hombre. instead of eliminating ice cream, have healthy entrees that fill the kids up. then let them have an icea cream if they want.

no, i have no problem with healthy entrees on agenda...

i just dont think a small % of intake (dessert) should be scrutized when its the mai nentree that needs overhauling

a piece of pizza has more calories than a ice cream cup hombre. instead of eliminating ice cream, have healthy entrees that fill the kids up. then let them have an icea cream if they want.

To be fair to DK, this isn't the argument you started out with.

i agree but it's an empty baby step that ignores the real problem. the entree is 90% by volume what kids eat at lunch and not every kid eats the ice cream anyway, fix the real problem. istead of getting all self-congratulatory because you knocked down a boogieman of your own creation.

Ill self congratulate when i win an argument with those who challenge my thinking. this was just a waste of time and an excersise in lameness

still, i dont get your point. It seems now your ready to finally acknowledge the fact that school food sucks but you have never criticized the OTHER schools that make NO effort and blast the first one that does. It doesnt make sense to me.

the entree is 90% by volume what kids eat at lunch

what does that mean

And the problem, in reality is the American attitude towards food and our diet.

Ill self congratulate when i win an argument with those who challenge my thinking. this was just a waste of time and an excersise in lameness

still, i dont get your point. It seems now your ready to finally acknowledge the fact that school food sucks but you have never criticized the OTHER schools that make NO effort and blast the first one that does. It doesnt make sense to me.

the entree is 90% by volume what kids eat at lunch

what does that mean

And the problem, in reality is the American attitude towards food and our diet.

this is an empty banning that accomplishes nothing except distracting from the real problem. it is worse than doing nothing. again: dessert in moderation is not the culprit. poor overall diet and lack of physical activity is.

Archived