Kareem Mckenzie

Matt39

We needed that money,and the Aaron Glenn money, and the Randy Thomas money, to sign 45 fat 3 gap DL guys named Tank and 32 DBs who knew how to play Cover 2. OL-you can get those guys in the 7th round and off the street.

LOL! Don't forget we also needed that money to give 29 year old RB Thomas Jones $5 mil a year.

We needed that money,and the Aaron Glenn money, and the Randy Thomas money, to sign 45 fat 3 gap DL guys named Tank and 32 DBs who knew how to play Cover 2. OL-you can get those guys in the 7th round and off the street.

What? You werent satisfied with Scott Gragg?

Honestly. We've penny pinching for how long now? And for what?

If we dont become aggressive in FA this year I will be extremely dissapointed.

Lets not forget that McKenzie signed a silly contract with the giants.Everyone bitches how Thomas Jones,Dewayne Robertson and Chad Pennington don't play up to their contract yet tehy want to overspend for a player who is good but not great.

Lets not forget that McKenzie signed a silly contract with the giants.Everyone bitches how Thomas Jones,Dewayne Robertson and Chad Pennington don't play up to their contract yet tehy want to overspend for a player who is good but not great.

The Giants had to pay more than we would have. They got him after his contract was expired. We could have extended him while he was still under his rookie deal. He wanted $10M in bonus money & we balked at it. We were too concerned with giving $23M in bonus money to Chad "I took a phantom pay cut" Pennington and $15M in bonus money to Shaun "I got paid, now I don't do squat" Ellis, not to mention $15M in bonus money to Dewayne "I suck for months at a time" Robertson. Yes. We gave $53M in bonus money to those 3 clowns. That number doesn't include their considerable salaries.

McKenzie only got $12M or $15M or whatever it was up front because it was a year later & now there was a bidding war for his services.

The Giants had to pay more than we would have. They got him after his contract was expired. We could have extended him while he was still under his rookie deal. He wanted $10M in bonus money & we balked at it. We were too concerned with giving $23M in bonus money to Chad "I took a phantom pay cut" Pennington and $15M in bonus money to Shaun "I got paid, now I don't do squat" Ellis, not to mention $15M in bonus money to Dewayne "I suck for months at a time" Robertson. Yes. We gave $53M in bonus money to those 3 clowns. That number doesn't include their considerable salaries.

McKenzie only got $12M or $15M or whatever it was up front because it was a year later & now there was a bidding war for his services.

No doubt we would of got him for cheaper but we also would of had to sign him sooner,unlesss you sign a guy to a contract about a year before his current contract runs out,chances are they will try free agency.McKenzie isn't exactly a great player,he's a good player but he underperformed his first few years with the giants,you know jet fans would be quick to add the guy to the list of guys who the jets overpaid if he did that here.

IIRC, there wasn't a bidding war for McKenzie. The Giants blew everybody out of the water right from the start. They targeted him and got him. I think the Jets were pretty sure he'd test the market and they could match. McKenzie got sick money and they couldn't.

Archived