Ichiro in the home run derby

Blackout

Now I guess we'll see if the theory "Ichiro could hit home runs if he wanted to" is true.

Just had this discussion with a friend and said the same exact thing. We always hear that he could go deep if he wanted to (and I think he can) but now we get to see him try to tee off.

They should have done a Roids versus No-Roids home run derby. It could have been Giambi-Bonds-Sheff-Troy Glaus-Pudge and Juan Gonzalez versus Ichiro-Jose Reyes-Scott Posednik-David Eckstein-Joey Cora and Juan Pierre. The rules would be the "Roids" team would have to hit it beyond 450 feet while the non-Roids team would have to bump it out of the infield, or as we like to call it, "hit a Jeter shot."

They should have done a Roids versus No-Roids home run derby. It could have been Giambi-Bonds-Sheff-Troy Glaus-Pudge and Juan Gonzalez versus Ichiro-Jose Reyes-Scott Posednik-David Eckstein-Joey Cora and Juan Pierre. The rules would be the "Roids" team would have to hit it beyond 450 feet while the non-Roids team would have to bump it out of the infield, or as we like to call it, "hit a Jeter shot."

Would that be with or without the scent of Mariah Carey's womanly center on his mustache?

USA: Teixeira

Netherlands: Andruw Jones ?

Dominican Republic: Ortiz

Venezuela: Abreu

Canada: Bay

Puerto Rico: Pudge

Panama: Carlos Lee

They need one more. They never asked Ichiro to join yet, but since he's the only Japanese player on the all star teams, he'll probably be asked.

part of me doesnt like this, i think there should be multiple players from the same country if they wanna be in it

imagine if this was 3-4 years ago and we had to choose between McGwire, Bonds and Giambi. all 3 of those mutants would be from the same country

I think Teixeira has a good chance at winning because he is a lefty, and isn't the detroit stadium right field fence closer than the left field fence?

EBs notes

1. No way Pudge is winning

2. I didn't know that Bud Selig allowed canadiens to even be on MLB rosters, let alone compete in the summer classic home run derby

3. Bobby Abreu will not win

4. Andruw Jones sweet swing has a great chance

5. Carlos Lee has a great chance

6. Big Foot will not come close to winning, frickin gorilla

7. Where is Griffey?

I think Teixeira has a good chance at winning because he is a lefty, and isn't the detroit stadium right field fence closer than the left field fence?

EBs notes

1. No way Pudge is winning

2. I didn't know that Bud Selig allowed canadiens to even be on MLB rosters, let alone compete in the summer classic home run derby

3. Bobby Abreu will not win

4. Andruw Jones sweet swing has a great chance

5. Carlos Lee has a great chance

6. Big Foot will not come close to winning, frickin gorilla

7. Where is Griffey?

Griffey will be golfing with Derek.

Does Manny need to hold up another sign?

EBs notes

Correct.

montreal canadiens are not allowed on any MLB rosters.

However, several non-hockey playing Canadians are on MLB rosters.

:wink:

d

If the derby was made specifically for the ability to hit doubles, then Pudge would blow the competition away. Only problem is he's not much of a home run hitter, so should be interesting to see how he does.

They need to bring in Mickey Tettleton as a surprise participant.

My money is on Teixeira this year. Teixeira and Lee in the finals.

Archived