Real Jets fans wouldn't want the Pats to win the SB!!

PETROCK

What??? The sole reason why you Pat fans come on here is so you can jack off on Jet fans...no fun going to a Patsie message board and having one big circle jerk is there?

Hardly. Been here long before the Patriots won anything.

Which is different from Jets fans prior to 2001 how?

Which is different from Yankee fans now how?

Like you, I do not care about JN smack talk.

Since Jet Hater's MB which begat Jet Insider which begat Jet Nation, smack talk has always been apart of the boards. If I had a dollar for every time a Jets fan said, "at least we have won one" prior to 2001, I would be damm close to a millionaire.

The problem Jets' Nation has is they are jealous of the Patriots' team success. Sure, it was ok when the Patriots sucked and were as incompetent if not more so then the Jets. However, now that the Patriots are more successful, it is a problem.

As I said when he was banned, Tex never changed from day one. It was the JN that changed. As soon as a Patriots' fan talks even a hint if smack, it is "boo hoo you all come off as superior know it alls since your team won."

I do not believe he will last that much longer at JI either

That's sort of how I look at it JM, they're like the older brother we like to kick their ass!

But when it's their turn and we're not in it, root for em!

I'm just so bored with the Patriots. Look, everybody knew they were going to the SB 3 months ago. It was foregone conclusion.

And if they beat the Giants--- so what? Really, at this point, if a Patriots fan was truly honest with himself (or herself), they would have to admit they must be pretty jaded by now.

I mean, why even play the games? It's like the whole thing is scripted.

I'm not even fazed by it. It's a big yawn. They are to the NFL what the Mike Jordan Bulls were to the NBA.

It's all downhill from here. For the Pats, the league, and us.

Cest le vie.

What is here? Jet Nation? That's only been around since 05.

I know the CPU thiung is new to you old timer. ;)

Back after the Jets' inappropriately contacted Par$ells and he left Foxboro. This guy Wizard created a site called Jet Hater's Web Page. Garbanza, Sooth, Bob and I that I can remember all found our way there. Sooth being Sooth invited us to JI probably around 1997 or 1998. There were about three or four incarnation of MB hosts fort JI, but it was a JI MB none the less. Then as you said, Max and Tom Shane started this board.

While this board is only three years old, it has roots that run much deeper.

Back after the Jets' inappropriately contacted Par$ells and he left Foxboro. This guy Wizard created a site called Jet Hater's Web Page. Garbanza, Sooth, Bob and I that I can remember all found our way there. Sooth being Sooth invited us to JI probably around 1997 or 1998. There were about three or four incarnation of MB hosts fort JI, but it was a JI MB none the less. Then as you said, Max and Tom Shane started this board.

What am I, chop liver? :lol:

I was there before Soot. As I recall, Soot didn't show up until Wizard announced he was scuttling his operation.

Weren't we referring to just Jet Nation? I know some posters here go way back to other boards...so do I.

There's a real interesting dynamic in the NY sporst scene, isn't there? I can't relate to it at all (being from Boston with one team for each sport) - but I can imagine it has to be bothersome.

Say your particular football team falls short of expectations (Jets) and your rival team far exceeds expecations (Giants)- and they consume all the headlines and fanfare - and on top of that you share a stadium that is called by their name???? That stinks. Then they go to the SB against your division rival?

Not for nothing - I don't live there and I am not a Jets fan - but this seems like a no-brainer to me for you Jest fans living in NY/NJ. Do you want to listen to Giants talk everyday forever or Pats talk (another state) for maybe a week?

If only that were true. :roll:

You know I like you Garb. But the last sentence is exactly what you do constantly, along with Alk and Gainzo and every other Pats fan. You all do it to at least some degree. You know that was a jab at the Jets. That's what I am talking about. I will have to constantly read **** like that for an eternity if the Pats go undefeated. Don't even try to deny it. If the Jets go on to win the next 5 superbowls we will still have to hear about the undefeated season. That's why I would much rather see the Giants win.

You make some great points here Boozer. I gotta ask...If we were headed to the Super Bowl how many of us would be wasting our time posting 24/7 on a Bills, Patzie, or Dolfag forum? I've gotta think not many if any at all.

Which is different from Jets fans prior to 2001 how?

Which is different from Yankee fans now how?

Like you, I do not care about JN smack talk.

Since Jet Hater's MB which begat Jet Insider which begat Jet Nation, smack talk has always been apart of the boards. If I had a dollar for every time a Jets fan said, "at least we have won one" prior to 2001, I would be damm close to a millionaire.

The problem Jets' Nation has is they are jealous of the Patriots' team success. Sure, it was ok when the Patriots sucked and were as incompetent if not more so then the Jets. However, now that the Patriots are more successful, it is a problem.

As I said when he was banned, Tex never changed from day one. It was the JN that changed. As soon as a Patriots' fan talks even a hint if smack, it is "boo hoo you all come off as superior know it alls since your team won."

Please... :roll::pats:

If the Pats win, big deal they have already won 3 SB's and one more won't make a difference. If the gIants win, we will have to hear and see all of the Giants fans stroking each other. The newspapers, TV and talk radio will be off limits for a month. If the Pats win by 30, it won't be enough for me. The cross town (swamp?) rivalry is the biggest one for me. Do Yankees fans root for the Mets in the World Series (or vice versa)? Do Rangers fans root for the Devils or Islanders? Maybe, but my guess is they are in the minority. This week has been unbearable with all of the crap and I live right in the middle of it. Everybody has their own reasons for rooting for whatever team, but I need the Giants to lose and lose big.

REAL Jets fans have no stake in this game and might not even bother watching

Exactly. And I am not going to watch. And this will be the first SB that I have ever missed. I just don't care. The Giants don't have a chance. The game long coronation of the Patriots will be sickening.

Archived