Official "Baseball Season Can't Come Quick Enough" thread

Mavrik

So football is winding down with two teams I couldn't possibly stand, and in a few weeks time we are going to get stuck with the "We think we're relevant, but we're really not" NBA and the NHL, who 70% of the American public assumed folded 4 years ago. Aside from the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I think it's time to say Baseball can't come fast enough.

Not to mention, this is what I get to look forward to:

1. Curtis Granderson

2. Placido Polanco

3. Miguel Cabrera

4. Magglo Ordonez

5. Gary Sheffield

6. Carlos Guillen

7. Ivan Rodriguez

8. Edgar Renteria

9. Jacque Jones

As Rod Allen would put it, that lineup is "country strong".

im looking forward to

a-rod climbing the HR charts :)

cano and melky getting another year under their belts

joba as a starter

hughes in his first full season

andy pettite coming back should be interesting to see what his reception is around the country

That Det lineup is pretty damn good.

Their pitching rotation is solid as well.

Right now, the Yankees are the third best team in the AL, behind Detroit and as much as it pains me to say it, Boston.

Hopefully this young talent is the key and will lift the Yankees over both teams when it matters most. For once the Yankees are looking pretty young and that could be an advantage.

Right now, the Yankees are the third best team in the AL, behind Detroit and as much as it pains me to say it, Boston.

Hopefully this young talent is the key and will lift the Yankees over both teams when it matters most. For once the Yankees are looking pretty young and that could be an advantage.

The Yankees are far from being worse than the Tigers. The only pitcher they have that they can count on right now is Verlander and the Yankees still have a better lineup. The Yankees are the second best team in the AL and they're not that far behind Boston.

You know, that might very well be why the Yankees have a great year(aside from the obvious--having star power). They arent expected to blow through everyone this year. It's not even beat Boston and the WS is yours. Several people see them as the 3rd best...and isn't that when elite teams usually step up?

**Excuse me while i go wash my mouth out with soap, having said the Yankees might have a good season :P

The Yankees are far from being worse than the Tigers. The only pitcher they have that they can count on right now is Verlander and the Yankees still have a better lineup. The Yankees are the second best team in the AL and they're not that far behind Boston.

I would rate the Tigers line-up better than the Yankees. And it has flexibility.

That doesn't necessarily make them a better team (I will leave that to the brilliant pundits), but that is a very good line-up.

What is the yanks rotation gonna look like this year? Pettite, Huges, Wang, Moose, Kennedy? That seems like a pretty decent rotation but not really a world series winning type of rotation, unless hughes lives up to his potential, wang wins his usual 19 games, and moose doesn't suck. With Joba and mariano we would still need another decent arm out of the pen to rely on; do we have that?

I can't remember the last time I was less enthusiastic about baseball season starting. Watching that POS A-Rod might make me sick to my stomach. World class con man who made the Yankees FO look like a bunch of spineless idiots.

I can't remember the last time I was less enthusiastic about baseball season starting. Watching that POS A-Rod might make me sick to my stomach. World class con man who made the Yankees FO look like a bunch of spineless idiots.

I really feel there was caving on both sides.

The problem was, both sides thried to negotiate this in the media. Admittedly, in a contract of this magnitude, it is nearly impossible not to. Once you put in the realm of the media, egos get involved, and eventually both sides come out looking bad.

AFJ, just look at it as a business decision. In a sport with a sea of them. This one just become a little pronounced.

I would rate the Tigers line-up better than the Yankees. And it has flexibility.

That doesn't necessarily make them a better team (I will leave that to the brilliant pundits), but that is a very good line-up.

IMO the Yankees have the edge at C, SS, 3B, and LF, while the Tigers have the edge at DH, 1B, RF, and CF. 2B is a push. Actually breaking it down their lineups are pretty much evenly matched on paper. Their pitching staffs both have a lot of question marks...

What is the yanks rotation gonna look like this year? Pettite, Huges, Wang, Moose, Kennedy? That seems like a pretty decent rotation but not really a world series winning type of rotation, unless hughes lives up to his potential, wang wins his usual 19 games, and moose doesn't suck. With Joba and mariano we would still need another decent arm out of the pen to rely on; do we have that?

Joba will be starting. Kennedy should be in the starting rotation too but probably won't be. The rotation will be Wang-Pettitte-Joba-Hughes-Mussina. It all depends if the kids can mature fast. Wang and Pettitte are reliable for their usual performances. The success of the Yankees will largely rely on whether the three young pitchers can pitch beyond their ages.

IMO the Yankees have the edge at C, SS, 3B, and LF, while the Tigers have the edge at DH, 1B, RF, and CF. 2B is a push. Actually breaking it down their lineups are pretty much evenly matched on paper. Their pitching staffs both have a lot of question marks...

I looked at it more in terms of line-up balance and flexibility. Tigers have a better mix of speed and power combo and have a better bottom of the line-up.

It is close, and only an opinion.

Joba will be starting. Kennedy should be in the starting rotation too but probably won't be. The rotation will be Wang-Pettitte-Joba-Hughes-Mussina. It all depends if the kids can mature fast. Wang and Pettitte are reliable for their usual performances. The success of the Yankees will largely rely on whether the three young pitchers can pitch beyond their ages.

Joba should be the next closer, keep him in the pen.

Yanks have a good lineup no doubt about it. Should make for some great games between the Yanks and the Tigers this year (I think they first play each other in May). Tigers have to worry about forming the mentality the Yanks lineup had in 2006 however, of the "If I can't get it done, the next guy wilL" that brings down the lineup.

Yanks have a good lineup no doubt about it. Should make for some great games between the Yanks and the Tigers this year (I think they first play each other in May). Tigers have to worry about forming the mentality the Yanks lineup had in 2006 however, of the "If I can't get it done, the next guy wilL" that brings down the lineup.

when you got Carlos Guillen, Miggy CAbrera Fagglio and Curtis GRanderson, somebody is getting it done every day

Last I heard he was out until late June. Hurt himself in those Calf. wildfires, helping out his folks.

That's the "story". Rumor around Detroit is that he actually hurt it after he took a spill riding a motorbike up some sand dunes either in California or somewhere around there. Wouldn't surprise me considering this is a guy who missed most of the ALCS because he hurt his wrist playing Guitar Hero.

Joba should be the next closer, keep him in the pen.

I agree. Supposedly Joba didn't mind staying in the bullpen as long as the Yankees told him soon enough.

Hopefully the Minnesota Twins will stop with their anti-Yankee Collusion bullsh*t and trade us Santana for Phil Hughes and Melky.

I'm sick of Boston teams raping other teams of their best players. Randy Moss for a 4th round pick, Welker for nothing, Ray Allen for nothing, Kevin Garnett for a bunch of scrubs and now the Red Sox got Johan Santana even though the Yankees made a better offer. Tired of this sh*t.

Archived