Def Coord search a mess,,hire Greg Williams NOW!!!!

SouthernJet

OK, it seems he is out of HC running in Washington.

Both Ryans look to be gone to us..

Lets get this guy now.

Former HC who could give the youthful Mangini some help,,also a viable alternative if Mangini implodes..

Willimas is respected as a agressive DC and is best fit we could come up with at this late stage..

I worry if Giants DC one of HC jobs open, then Gianst will make a run at Williams..

Strike now!!!!!

OK, it seems he is out of HC running in Washington.

Both Ryans look to be gone to us..

Lets get this guy now.

Former HC who could give the youthful Mangini some help,,also a viable alternative if Mangini implodes..

Willimas is respected as a agressive DC and is best fit we could come up with at this late stage..

I worry if Giants DC one of HC jobs open, then Gianst will make a run at Williams..

Strike now!!!!!

Interesting, and I hadn't even considered that notion. I would be just as happy with Williams as either of the Ryans. He's a great coach IMO. Not sure if he would entertain the idea of playing second fiddle to a young coach with little experience. Also, Williams runs a 4-3 (I think), so there would be complications. Regardless, the Jets could do much worse than GW.

he is under contract....helloooooooooo

I am assuming he will be let go when they hire new coach,,

Snyder has actually been cool to coaches letting thyem move on,,

Since he has passed on him as HC, I will think he will let him walk if he wants..PLUS, I assume Snyder would prefer he go to Jets, than division rival Giants if Giants DC hired as Wash HC..

Plus th eword of out Wash is GW smeared Gibbs in interview,,GW denies and its getting ugly,,

I think he walks,,

WILLIAMS OUT OF RUNNING FOR 'SKINS GIG

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is out of the running for the head coaching job with the team. One of the factors apparently was the belief that Williams criticized former coach Joe Gibbs during the interview process.

But Williams says he hasn't been informed that he won't get the job. "I haven't been told anything," Williams told ESPN. "And I would never, ever dump on Joe Gibbs. He is one of the best people I have ever been around in life. I came here because of Joe Gibbs. He's in the Hall of Fame as a coach and he's a better person than he is a football coach. I can't believe anybody would suggest I dumped on Joe. That's completely false."

Now, before we go any farther with this one, how is what the Redskins leaked to Mort any different than what Falcons G.M Tom Dimitroff supposedly leaked to Michael Smith of ESPN? In that case, Michael Smith apparently knew that Mike Smith would be hired to coach the Falcons before Mike Smith knew. In this case, Mort knew that Gregg Williams won't be hired to coach the Redskins before Williams knew.

Mort also reports that a source close to Williams (i.e., perhaps Williams himself) believes that the Redskins might start a smear campaign against him because he enjoyed the support of the players, the media, and the fans. In our view, the notion that he criticized Gibbs in the interview process could be the first step of such an effort.

After Williams' first interview, we heard that he had concerns about his ability to to have a voice in the player-acquisition process, which executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato now runs, given the difficulties that Gibbs had (from Williams' perspective) in getting the players he wanted. If a Hall of Famer can't get what he wants, how can a guy who coached the Bills well enough to get fired after three years ever have a shot at influencing the process?

There are were recent reports of conflict between Cerrato and Williams. And it could be that, once the Redskins' power structure caught wind of those reports, they opted to start spreading the news that Williams wouldn't get the job.

With Williams out of the running, it's still not clear who is. By all appearances, the team has opted to hold off on hiring Jim Fassel until after the Super Bowl, when they have a chance to kick the tires on Steve Spagnuolo.

I am assuming he will be let go when they hire new coach,,

Snyder has actually been cool to coaches letting thyem move on,,

Since he has passed on him as HC, I will think he will let him walk if he wants..PLUS, I assume Snyder would prefer he go to Jets, than division rival Giants if Giants DC hired as Wash HC..

you are slipping my friend

GW makes more coin than EM, no way he comes to us.

fine,,i disagree,,snyder not al davis,,

back on topic,,if available , this is our guy,,

Once Fassel is named HC I see illiams staying just for the fact that the DC candidates are very thin now. Who else is out there?

But, then again, Williams may be bitter from being over stepped, and may want out!:confused0082:

why would new coach can him

great DC, new coach would be a fool to do so

Redskins dismiss Williams, Saunders; promote Blache to lead defense

Associated Press

Updated: January 27, 2008, 9:12 AM ET

• WASHINGTON -- The Washington Redskins seem to have a whole lot of their coaching staff in place for next season -- except for the head coach.

nfl_g_williams_200.jpg Paul Jasienski/Getty Images

A few days ago Gregg Williams was considered a favorite to be the Redskin head coach. On Saturday, he lost his job as an assistant.

And that head coach won't be Gregg Williams. Or Al Saunders.

As for the rest of the candidates, they'll have to wait until the Super Bowl is done.

On a busy Saturday at Redskins Park, the team fired assistants Williams and Saunders, promoted Greg Blache to lead the team's defense and formally announced the hiring of Jim Zorn to head the offense.

Agreed, we can't afford to **** these kind of oppurtunites up.

We will find a way though, I'm sure.](*,)

JAGS, RAMS WANT WILLIAMS

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that although Gregg Williams is no longer with the Redskins, he won't be out of work for long.

Per Glazer, the Rams have already requested permission to interview Williams, and the Jaguars are interested as well. Jacksonville is currently without a defensive coordinator, as Mike Smith left to take the top job in Atlanta. It's not clear where Williams would fit into the Rams' coaching staff, as Jim Haslett is already in place as defensive coordinator. Williams has never worked with either Rams coach Scott Linehan or Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio.

Agreed, we can't afford to **** these kind of oppurtunites up.

We will find a way though, I'm sure.](*,)

The only way we'd F up this opportunity is if we hired him.

He's the most overrated coordinator on the planet. I wouldn't want him coordinating my team.

YES, I'd rather have Sutton than Williams.

The only way we'd F up this opportunity is if we hired him.

He's the most overrated coordinator on the planet. I wouldn't want him coordinating my team.

YES, I'd rather have Sutton than Williams.

thats fair,,who is your choice , or do you want Sutton to stay?

JAGS, RAMS WANT WILLIAMS

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that although Gregg Williams is no longer with the Redskins, he won't be out of work for long.

Per Glazer, the Rams have already requested permission to interview Williams, and the Jaguars are interested as well. Jacksonville is currently without a defensive coordinator, as Mike Smith left to take the top job in Atlanta. It's not clear where Williams would fit into the Rams' coaching staff, as Jim Haslett is already in place as defensive coordinator. Williams has never worked with either Rams coach Scott Linehan or Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio.

If he's already been fired, why or who would they be asking permission to interview him? His mommy maybe...

Rob or Rex Ryan. Either would be my preferred choice SJ. Rob may not be leaving Oakland just yet, and maybe he won't be until 2009, but Rex is out there and could land anywhere. Harbaugh will try to bring him back to Baltimore, possibly, but if not there, where does Rex land? I'm hoping with the Jets as with Rex the Jets could attract Terrell Suggs.

Rob or Rex Ryan. Either would be my preferred choice SJ. Rob may not be leaving Oakland just yet, and maybe he won't be until 2009, but Rex is out there and could land anywhere. Harbaugh will try to bring him back to Baltimore, possibly, but if not there, where does Rex land? I'm hoping with the Jets as with Rex the Jets could attract Terrell Suggs.

100% agree,,just looks like Rob will be HC this year in oakland and Rex basically said yesterday he wants to stay in Balt as DC

Archived