Patriots offer Z. Thomas a contract

AFJF

From the NFL network and Boston globe

Patriots make offer to Zach Thomas

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 8:10 pm EST

The New England Patriots met with free-agent linebacker Zach Thomas at Gillette Stadium today. The meeting went well enough that the Patriots made an undisclosed offer to Thomas.

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter first reported the offer to Thomas.

The 34-year-old Thomas has played his entire 12-year career with Miami. A seven-time Pro Bowler, he was limited to just five games last season due to concussions and migraines

Source: Boston Globe

I must admit that this surprises me a little. While the Cheaters DO need help at LB Thomas will be 35 next season coming off an injury plagued year. I would have thought NE would be looking at younger options at LB. I know Dallas is supposedly interested in Thomas as well so stay tuned.

The sad part is he makes the Patriot linebacker core younger.

While he IS 4 years younger than Junior Seau he's only 3 months younger than Ted Bruschi. Let's not forget that Zack Thomas was born in Texas and went to college at Texas Tech . As I mentioned Dallas is interested so I can easily see him becoming a Cowboy. Going to N.E. is NOT a done deal.

This makes me want to puke.

BZ

You're not the only one sickened by this. Zach is/was one of my favorite Finz. Always had alot of respect for Zach. The way he played the game and how he handled himself on and off the field. And now he may end up playing for the team i hate the most....

I must admit that this surprises me a little. While the Cheaters DO need help at LB Thomas will be 35 next season coming off an injury plagued year. I would have thought NE would be looking at younger options at LB. I know Dallas is supposedly interested in Thomas as well so stay tuned.

If you have followed any of the Patriots LBs since Belichick has been here you would see that it's pretty obvious that Belichick has no interest in having to hold some rookie LBs hand. He just wants guys who have been there and done that...for a really...really long time. :lol: He has been pretty successful with it too.

If you have followed any of the Patriots LBs since Belichick has been here you would see that it's pretty obvious that Belichick has no interest in having to hold some rookie LBs hand. He just wants guys who have been there and done that...for a really...really long time. :lol: He has been pretty successful with it too.

Yeah I mean you guys almost had the greatest season of all time.:rl:

While he IS 4 years younger than Junior Seau he's only 3 months younger than Ted Bruschi. Let's not forget that Zack Thomas was born in Texas and went to college at Texas Tech . As I mentioned Dallas is interested so I can easily see him becoming a Cowboy. Going to N.E. is NOT a done deal.
Told you Dallas would figure in all this. I'm just glad the Cheaters didn't sign him.

Archived