WHOH!!!

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The highlights just shown on NFL network just highlighted the negatives for me and pretty much erased how great the 40 time was.

You can never 'erase' that 40 time when you consider just how freakish it actually was. That kind of speed with that kind of size is a scary prospect no mattter what, even if he can't break tackles he'll find a way to be utilized effectively.

No one thought he'd run a sub 4.3

No one!!

No one EVER questioned his straight away speed. That isn't the issue with this guy. I can pull up RB's that ran a crappy 40 time and are HOFers and I could pull up great 40's from scrubs. That was never the question with this guy.

You can never 'erase' that 40 time when you consider just how freakish it actually was. That kind of speed with that kind of size is a scary prospect no mattter what, even if he can't break tackles he'll find a way to be utilized effectively.

Yeah except on tape a LB just caught up to him on what was essentially a straight line. Ali Highsmith may be good but he's not going to be running a sub 4.4 40.

No one thought he'd run a sub 4.3

No one!!

True, but i still think mendenhall has the better overall body of work. At 5'11 230 he ran a 4.37. Granted it's no 4.27, but considering the type of runner he is and the better reciever out of the backfield, I still think Mendenhall is shaping up to be the better all around back whereas McFadden is becoming sexier because he blazed a fast 40.

True, but i still think mendenhall has the better overall body of work. At 5'11 230 he ran a 4.37. Granted it's no 4.27, but considering the type of runner he is and the better reciever out of the backfield, I still think Mendenhall is shaping up to be the better all around back whereas McFadden is becoming sexier because he blazed a fast 40.

I agree, like I have said all along. Some team should move DMC to WR. DMC is the Rocket Ismail of this draft.

I agree I really want to see who does the best in the recieving drills out of Stewart, Mendenhall and McFadden.

Somebody did. Somebody here guaranteed me that he was the fastest player in college and faster than Ted Ginn Jr. Even with the 4.27 I'm not too sure about that, but it's mighty impressive.

That is the fastest ever recorded time at the combine. It's beyond impressive.

I didn't hear anyoneelse claim he was that fast, some people were arguing to me earlier that his time wouldn't touch AP's.

I didn't hear anyoneelse claim he was that fast, some people were arguing to me earlier that his time wouldn't touch AP's.

Looks like his official time is 4.33.

Oh and the fastest time today was Johnson who ran an "OFFICIAL" time of 4.24.

Looks like his official time is 4.33.

Which makes what Mendehall and stewart did that much more impressive. Both Mendenhall and Jstew are bruising down hill runners with good lateral mobility; Mendenhall at 5'11 225ish ran a 4.37 and Jstew at 5'11 235 ran a 4.44, these are impressive times.

THe other guy to look out for who mangini was apparantly high was matt forte, kid ran a 4.44.

Edit: The officials make things sound a bit more realistic. 4.33 for mcfadden - An amazing 4.45 for mendenhall and a 4.24 for johnson..wow!

Which makes what Mendehall and stewart did that much more impressive. Both Mendenhall and Jstew are bruising down hill runners with good lateral mobility; Mendenhall at 5'11 225ish ran a 4.37 and Jstew at 5'11 235 ran a 4.44, these are impressive times.

THe other guy to look out for who mangini was apparantly high was matt forte, kid ran a 4.44.

Edit: The officials make things sound a bit more realistic. 4.33 for mcfadden - An amazing 4.45 for mendenhall and a 4.24 for johnson..wow!

I agree, whoever drafts DMC before 20 and as the first RB is a moron.

You're right! Cause everyone knows a great rb makes a team so much better, just look at the Vikes!!:roll:

Let's draft DMC and forget about the D!! We all know Defenses do not win championships! The Giants D was just a fluke! Look how powerful the Patriots O was! and they almst won it all!! GO DMC!!!!:roll:

I'm not saying that, Vilma and our 6th pick to the Rams for the their 2nd.

I'll do that.

But we already knew Mcfadden had lightning spped. The question mark for him is can he take NFL hits run after run after run. He's smallr than Leon and were all saying Leon is too small to be our starter. We need to see if DMC has strength.

strength is not an issue wih DMC, i have seen this dude run over my tide

Like a Man vs Boys in college, he runs with power not finesse

strength is not an issue wih DMC, i have seen this dude run over my tide

Like a Man vs Boys in college, he runs with power not finesse

Every first round pick should be like a man vs. boys in college. I understand what you mean, McFadden is a little polarizing. He's our '07 draft version of Chad Pennington. I don't think he's as poor a prospect as most of the "haters". OTOH, I don't like him and I don't like his running style. I don't think he runs with finesse, I think he runs with speed. He'll be a slasher in the NFL. Guys like that can be effective in NFL. Think of Joe Morris for the Giants, just hit the right hole, fast and hard and you'll get a gain. Problems are whether he will hold up and whether in a deep RB draft if he's worth #6.

Every first round pick should be like a man vs. boys in college. I understand what you mean, McFadden is a little polarizing. He's our '07 draft version of Chad Pennington. I don't think he's as poor a prospect as most of the "haters". OTOH, I don't like him and I don't like his running style. I don't think he runs with finesse, I think he runs with speed. He'll be a slasher in the NFL. Guys like that can be effective in NFL. Think of Joe Morris for the Giants, just hit the right hole, fast and hard and you'll get a gain. Problems are whether he will hold up and whether in a deep RB draft if he's worth #6.

I think he could be a more effective Willie Parker type player. Defences have to be wary of him because he's always a threat to take it the distance.

He's a much more complete player though IMO especially at recieving.

No Different than AP holding up

If anything this may make Jerry Jones move up and get him.

Make no mistake this is the best playa in the draft.

I think he could be a more effective Willie Parker type player. Defences have to be wary of him because he's always a threat to take it the distance.

He's a much more complete player though IMO especially at recieving.

I hope you mean parker is a more complete back, becuase he has actually shown the ability to get the tough yards and is a great reciever out of the backfield. McFadden has had plenty of knocks on him that he can't catch out of the backfield and he was very apprehentious about answering questions of whether or not he'll run recieving drills at this combine.

I hope you mean parker is a more complete back, becuase he has actually shown the ability to get the tough yards and is a great reciever out of the backfield. McFadden has had plenty of knocks on him that he can't catch out of the backfield and he was very apprehentious about answering questions of whether or not he'll run recieving drills at this combine.

Parker is decent out of the backfield. It's not a weakness on him just nothing exceptionally special. I think McFadden could be (remember he basically didn't have a QB in college).

Parker is not used in short yardage or goaline situations so I don't really know what you're talking about there.

I meant to say he could become a much more complete player, I think he ahs the physical tools to be much better than FWP.

Parker is decent out of the backfield. It's not a weakness on him just nothing exceptionally special. I think McFadden could be (remember he basically didn't have a QB in college).

Parker is not used in short yardage or goaline situations so I don't really know what you're talking about there.

I meant to say he could become a much more complete player, I think he ahs the physical tools to be much better than FWP.

By tough yards i meant that he has the ability to get hit at the los and continue to gain a few extra, or hit in the backfield for a potential loss and still get back to the LOS. I know he's not used in short yardage, i just feel that is a tougher runner with a chip on his shoulder compared to mcfadden.

I am not sure his physical tools, besides size, is much better than FWP.

I just think that mendenhall showed he has very good speed to go along with better power and a better style of running than mcfadden.

Edit: I want to point out that even though I like Mendenhall that much better than mcfadden I wouldn't even take him with our #6 pick.

Look at this. It says he ran a 4.33

Sunday: Helping their causeRB Darren McFadden, Arkansas This talented junior tailback quieted critics with a blazing 4.33 official time that was the best of the event thus far. He came in at 211 pounds and did a 33" vertical leap and a 10'8" broad jump in a fine overall performance.

Per Rivals

DARRENMCFADDEN100.JPG

Look at this. It says he ran a 4.33

Sunday: Helping their causeRB Darren McFadden, Arkansas This talented junior tailback quieted critics with a blazing 4.33 official time that was the best of the event thus far. He came in at 211 pounds and did a 33" vertical leap and a 10'8" broad jump in a fine overall performance.

Per Rivals

DARRENMCFADDEN100.JPG

Yeah. It seems the official time was 4.33

Had me excited for a second.:lol:

Archived