Nice Job Tangini

4HCrew

I have been one that has been bashing them all offseason and hoping they would come out aggressive and filling needs...well Jenkins and Faneca are two aggressive moves that are impressive. Sure money talks but with the pending signing of Woody this team has improved their chances at the line of scrimmage.

Now lets get Rhodes done :)

Finally they realize that championships are won on both sides of the line, that is the common thread on all teams that play late into the post season. This makes the ticket increase easier to digest.

No it doesnt these newly signed guys have yet to WIN anything.The ticket sales if based on last years 4-12 performance should be FREE.

The signings of these 2 guys is great on opening free agency day but ALOT more is needed before we start talking Super Bowl or even PlayOffs!

No it doesnt these newly signed guys have yet to WIN anything.The ticket sales if based on last years 4-12 performance should be FREE.

The signings of these 2 guys is great on opening free agency day but ALOT more is needed before we start talking Super Bowl or even PlayOffs!

Where did I say that the Jets were were going to the SB? I said that championships are won on both sides of the line and if you look at any team that has won the SB or has gone deep into the playoffs recently, you will see that this is true. These are moves that show that the team is focusing on adding vital components necessary to win.

I have been one that has been bashing them all offseason and hoping they would come out aggressive and filling needs...well Jenkins and Faneca are two aggressive moves that are impressive. Sure money talks but with the pending signing of Woody this team has improved their chances at the line of scrimmage.

Now lets get Rhodes done :)

me too 4H-I was also one of those guys that was growing very negative-which is something I have never been over the past decade on the Jets boards-I don't think I've EVER said "Super Bowl" when somebody asked me how we were going to do in the upcoming season-until lately-this is encouraging

80 I somewhat agree..many NFL guys have said that the Saints stole him. I think the Jets figure he may struggle this year recovering and then they get nothing in return for him

It doesn't matter what we though. What matters is that we could have gotten more than a ****ing FUTURE FOURTH for a young, pro-bowl, 4-3 MLB STUD.

When I heard that it was a second or a first rounder, I was neutral on the deal. Figure he's gonna play well and we'd have 2 first's next year.

A fourth is GARBAGE for a player of Jonathan Vilma's calibur, both on and off the field. I'm furious.

Im ecstatic as any Jets fan should be.Much improved and much needed.The days low point trading Vilma for NOTHING.

you watch 5180 how happy we'll all be next year at this time when we have an extra 1st or 2nd rounder to wheel and deal with-it's almost like finding a twenty dollar bill in a jacket you forgot all about

It doesn't matter what we though. What matters is that we could have gotten more than a ****ing FUTURE FOURTH for a young, pro-bowl, 4-3 MLB STUD.

When I heard that it was a second or a first rounder, I was neutral on the deal. Figure he's gonna play well and we'd have 2 first's next year.

A fourth is GARBAGE for a player of Jonathan Vilma's calibur, both on and off the field. I'm furious.

Vilma has been crap the last two years and has had a chronic knee condition since he was in college. How is he a Pro-Bowl stud exactly? Who was going to give up a first rounder? I like Vilma, but you are dreaming if you think someone was going to give up a first or a second for a gimpy kneed 230 lb linebacker.

i think after today we can finally say we have a good line. We haven't been able to say that since Martin's rushing record, on the offensive side, and i've never thought we had a good defensive line.

Both have changed today. Just stay healthy.

Vilma has been crap the last two years and has had a chronic knee condition since he was in college. How is he a Pro-Bowl stud exactly? Who was going to give up a first rounder? I like Vilma, but you are dreaming if you think someone was going to give up a first or a second for a gimpy kneed 230 lb linebacker.

These people see the commercials and think he is good, they believe the hype. It just isn't true, the guy is an undersized gimp. He's a great madden player, but that is about it.

keep ignoring the facts 5180...it will be ok you can get a Harris jersey this year

And you can get the Gay jersey.

Already own a Harris authentic no worries here besides the only jerseys worth investing in are the old players like Namath,Byrd,Gastineau,Klecko,Toon etc. ONCE JETS ALWAYS JETS

Very happy so far. I would have preferred more for Vilma, but clearly no team in the NFL thought he was worth more than the conditional 4th we got. Either way, he's off our defense and that's a plus.

Two biggest holes filled with veterans with 10 pro bowls between them? Gotta love that.

Let's see...

We got (are getting) a 7-time (and counting) pro bowl guard to fill the biggest gaping hole on the team.

We got the point value of a 4th this year and probably a low 2nd next year (a 2nd for a 4th is probably still the trade value of a 2nd; just a lower one) for an injured player who was useless to us when healthy for the past two years, and who we'd have lost for nothing next year anyway.

We got a 3x pro bowl DT with the actual size (and then some) to play the 0 on a 3-man line, for a mid-round pick & a mid/late round pick. This came after negotiating with two teams for similar players, and we took the one we wanted for the deal we wanted; we usually get the leftover one (on someone else's terms) after we fall asleep at the wheel.

Now there are rumors that we're seeking a 1st rounder or multiple first-day picks for DRob, who we'd just drop for no compensation anyway with his almost-$12M cap number...and where there should be nationwide laughter, instead there are interested parties lining up.

Plus we're still rumored to be interested or in the running for other non-scrub free agents (Woody, Walker, Pace).

And this off-season is one day old so far. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Pretty damn sweet.

Let's see...

We got (are getting) a 7-time (and counting) pro bowl guard to fill the biggest gaping hole on the team.

We got the point value of a 4th this year and probably a low 2nd next year (a 2nd for a 4th is probably still the trade value of a 2nd; just a lower one) for an injured player who was useless to us when healthy for the past two years, and who we'd have lost for nothing next year anyway.

We got a 3x pro bowl DT with the actual size (and then some) to play the 0 on a 3-man line, for a mid-round pick & a mid/late round pick. This came after negotiating with two teams for similar players, and we took the one we wanted for the deal we wanted; we usually get the leftover one (on someone else's terms) after we fall asleep at the wheel.

Now there are rumors that we're seeking a 1st rounder or multiple first-day picks for DRob, who we'd just drop for no compensation anyway with his almost-$12M cap number...and where there should be nationwide laughter, instead there are interested parties lining up.

Plus we're still rumored to be interested or in the running for other non-scrub free agents (Woody, Walker, Pace).

And this off-season is one day old so far. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Pretty damn sweet.

:rl:

I agree, very nice indeed.

If we get a 2 or 1 for D Rob we should throw a parade for Tangini in midtown.

Archived