Which QB has the upper hand in the QB competition right now?

jetsrule128

Which QB has the upper hand in the QB competition right now?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which QB has the upper hand in the QB competition right now?

I'm gonna go with Eli Manning, but I'm not counting out his brother or Tom Brady.

So, when is this competition?

Ken O'Brien used to win those things all the time. He could throw with anybody, as long as he wasn't flat on his back before he finished saying "HUT!" Unfortunately, that wasn't very often.

Clemens. He won more games than chad last year with injured receivers. And he has potential.

Chad is done. I don't want to ever see him play a down for the Jets again.

I would start chad to see if he does any better behind and actual pro football O-Line

I'm gonna go with Eli Manning, but I'm not counting out his brother or Tom Brady.

So, when is this competition?

Ken O'Brien used to win those things all the time. He could throw with anybody, as long as he wasn't flat on his back before he finished saying "HUT!" Unfortunately, that wasn't very often.

I sincerely wonder if he could have been a good one with good supporting staff. Not many qb's took the beatings that he took. Remember him being benched for Kyle Mackey? that guy lasted all of 30 minutes.

Clemens. He won more games than chad last year with injured receivers. And he has potential.

Chad is done. I don't want to ever see him play a down for the Jets again.

then you better stop watching the Jets cause KC is worse..Chad will win the job easily

Cracks me up that some people think Herm should trade for Chad because Croyle can't be the future, yet they think Clemens can. I'm not saying he won't be - but Chad gives us the best chance to win now, imo.

Cracks me up that some people think Herm should trade for Chad because Croyle can't be the future, yet they think Clemens can. I'm not saying he won't be - but Chad gives us the best chance to win now, imo.

Correct. And, Croyle>>>Clemens.

Yep. Clemens gave me definitive proof that he's got nothing.

That's laughable. You do know that Clemens played behind the worst offensive line in football and with Brad Smith as his #2 WR option in a lot of cases? Guess that's why the Bucs gave up on Steve Young at the right time. Oh, and Dallas definitely should've given up on Aikman. I'm glad you're not running my franchise.

I love these guys who use the o-line as an excuse for Clemens, but dismiss it when discussing Pennington.

And Croyle, and others around the league. And how they say Clemens won the job, when it was obvious that with a meaningful game on the line Mangini trusted Chad more.

I love these guys who use the o-line as an excuse for Clemens, but dismiss it when discussing Pennington.

Way to get off topic and lump me into those "guys" when you don't even know where I stand on that issue. Chad is a decent enough QB, I just don't think he's the future and the offense is too predictable when he's under center, even with weapons. A WR like Limas Sweed or James Hardy would have no use with him.

That's laughable. You do know that Clemens played behind the worst offensive line in football and with Brad Smith as his #2 WR option in a lot of cases? Guess that's why the Bucs gave up on Steve Young at the right time. Oh, and Dallas definitely should've given up on Aikman. I'm glad you're not running my franchise.

To be fair The Chiefs O-line absolutely sucked and he had Eddie Kennison as his #1 WR.:confused0082:

Way to get off topic and lump me into those "guys" when you don't even know where I stand on that issue. Chad is a decent enough QB, I just don't think he's the future and the offense is too predictable when he's under center, even with weapons. A WR like Limas Sweed or James Hardy would have no use with him.

The future is now and the best QB will start no matter who has the brighter future or would look better with this WR or that one.

Clemens got more wins than Pennington. Pennington sucked when he had an o-line. Pennington has only played a full season once. Pennington has a weak ass noodle arm. Pennington has been the starter since 02 and has accomplished nothing other than making a lot of fans. Pennington is a loser, plain and simple. He had superbowl talent on his teams and did nothing with it. He's going to bruise his labia in preseason warmups and this whole discussion will still be going on week 10 when he's ready to come back.

Thats because when Chad had a top Oline in previous years, he still couldnt get it done.

Damn you chad lovers are just sad.

It didn't help either obviously. However, not only was Clemens dealing with a crap OL, he also usually had either Coles or Cotchery out of the game and never got to throw to our true starting WR's. Pennington had that opportunity many times and couldn't do anything with it.

And after watching Chad blowing the game in the 4th quarter with an awful INT time and time again, you really want to see him start again? Yikes.

At least Clemens showed some ability to perform in the clutch with 4th quarter comebacks against Washington and Pittsburgh, 2 pretty good defenses I might add.

It didn't help either obviously. However, not only was Clemens dealing with a crap OL, he also usually had either Coles or Cotchery out of the game and never got to throw to our true starting WR's. Pennington had that opportunity many times and couldn't do anything with it.

And after watching Chad blowing the game in the 4th quarter with an awful INT time and time again, you really want to see him start again? Yikes.

At least Clemens showed some ability to perform in the clutch with 4th quarter comebacks against Washington and Pittsburgh, 2 pretty good defenses I might add.

There is no doubt Clemens will be a good QB. But he made some inexusable boneheaded throws last year. Bad OL or not.

There is no doubt Clemens will be a good QB. But he made some inexusable boneheaded throws last year. Bad OL or not.

I think there's plenty of doubt Clemens will be a good QB. And I don't even like Pennington as a QB.

If Clemens is roughly Pennington's equal in camp he should be the starter. Pennington lost the job last year & should have to win it back after blowing games like he did. The offense is just too predictable; he should be WAY better than Clemens if he's going to bring the offense to a crawl like he does.

I like the competition.

Now watch Ratliff school them both this summer & we don't know what to do. :bag:

I agree that Clemens is still a question mark. That being said, we already know that we won't go too far with Chad as QB. There is no way we can sit Clemens now, we drafted him in the 2nd round and we have to see if he is a true starter or not.

And now that he got some experience last year, and should now have a good OL and a good running game, that should help improve IMO.

I think there's plenty of doubt Clemens will be a good QB. And I don't even like Pennington as a QB.

If Clemens is roughly Pennington's equal in camp he should be the starter. Pennington lost the job last year & should have to win it back after blowing games like he did. The offense is just too predictable; he should be WAY better than Clemens if he's going to bring the offense to a crawl like he does.

I like the competition.

Now watch Ratliff school them both this summer & we don't know what to do. :bag:

lol, I wouldn't dout it about Ratcliff.

I really do think Clemens has all the physical skills to be a good QB. I just don't think his head is there yet. But I do think he will come around at some point.

As for Chad, I wouldn't say that he lost his job. It seems Mangini only started him because the season was over and he wanted to get a look at Clemens. To me that is different than losing your job. I think with a good defense and a good OL Chad could be an effective QB.

I agree that Clemens is still a question mark. That being said, we already know that we won't go too far with Chad as QB. There is no way we can sit Clemens now, we drafted him in the 2nd round and we have to see if he is a true starter or not.

And now that he got some experience last year, and should now have a good OL and a good running game, that should help improve IMO.

Maybe, but I still think the fans are selling Chad short. Chad also has never had a defense to work with and bail him out. And although he had good players to work with on offense they weren't all that good. It was basically the same offense Chad went 10-6 with the year before minus a guard.

Also, everyone wants to point out Clemens record last year. But the defense was totally different in the second half of the season while the offense was pathetic. Clemens didn't win the Jets more games, the defense did.

Maybe, but I still think the fans are selling Chad short. Chad also has never had a defense to work with and bail him out. And although he had good players to work with on offense they weren't all that good. It was basically the same offense Chad went 10-6 with the year before minus a guard.

I disagree, I was a big Chad supporter but there is just no way to excuse his play last year. Even if it was the same offense than he was unable to perform in it and I just can't stand to watch another floater for an INT in the 4th quarter when the game is close.

Archived