McFadden, Long, & Gholston off the board at 6...

rick34125

Let's say Mcfadden, C. Long and Gholston are off the draft board by #6 and there's no option to draft down. Who do we pick?

Do we go for DT Sedrick Ellis? He's got a history of injuries, but a good motor. Might make a good 3-4 DE, but is he worth a #6 pick for us.

What about a CB? McKelvin? Cromartie? Jenkins? Talib? I don't even know who's the top prospect at this point or if any of them are worth a #6.

#6 is for sure too high for a WR.

So who do we draft? I'd probably lean towards Ellis for value sake, but it would certainly be ironic if after all the free agency activity and filling our holes so well that we ended up picking at #6 for need anyway in a CB.

They might be crusified for it, but Jake Long. Would be a young, and damn solid offensive line...

Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Woody-Long

hard to pass up, but then again, hard to have 3 first round picks on the offensive line. Speaking of which, why isn't branden albert ever mentioned as a top 10 guy? And please don't give me the same old 'guards are overrated' since we just dropped England's GDP on a 31 year old guard.

I agree, we should go Jake Long if that were the case for the simply face Woody is 30 and Faneca is 32, in 4 years Ferugson and Mangold would only be 28 and Long would also be pretty young,

Ferguson, Mangold and Long would be a solid young O-Line for years to come after Faneca retires.

But I would be upset because I'm in LOVE with Gholston for this 3-4 Defense and I love what McFadden can do for this Offense in terms of being explosive.

But if I had to chose out of a CB or a franchise RT to protect the Quarterback, im taking the RT all day. Plus, we would still lack the pass rush from the outside with drafting a CB at #6.

Gholston

McFadden

Either of those athletes would make me a proud Jets fan.

Let's say Mcfadden, C. Long and Gholston are off the draft board by #6 and there's no option to draft down. Who do we pick?

Do we go for DT Sedrick Ellis? He's got a history of injuries, but a good motor. Might make a good 3-4 DE, but is he worth a #6 pick for us.

What about a CB? McKelvin? Cromartie? Jenkins? Talib? I don't even know who's the top prospect at this point or if any of them are worth a #6.

#6 is for sure too high for a WR.

So who do we draft? I'd probably lean towards Ellis for value sake, but it would certainly be ironic if after all the free agency activity and filling our holes so well that we ended up picking at #6 for need anyway in a CB.

In that situation I either take McKelvin, Cromartie, or trade down and get a pass rusher.

Ok... We pick #6, Lets just say this happens...

Mia-Chris Long

STL-Vernon Gholston

ATL-Matt Ryan

Oak- Darren McFadden

KC-Jake Long

Jets-

Thats a mock draft I can see happening, then what? Then what should the Jets do if we CANT trade down?

We take Cromartie, possibly look at one of the other tackle prospects such as Ryan Clady or reach for a pass rusher such as Quentin Groves.

Mia-Chris Long

STL-Vernon Gholston

ATL-Matt Ryan

Oak- Darren McFadden

KC-Jake Long

Jets-

Thats a mock draft I can see happening, then what? Then what should the Jets do if we CANT trade down?

Worst case situation if that happens.....If it does, I want Tangini to take the highest rated player on their boards, regardless of position.

Mia-Chris Long

STL-Vernon Gholston

ATL-Matt Ryan

Oak- Darren McFadden

KC-Jake Long

Jets-

That actually wouldn't surprise either. Very possible scenario.

That actually wouldn't surprise either. Very possible scenario.

If that were to happen, what would be your thoughts on drafting Kenny Phillips to play with Rhodes and Revis in the secondary for years to come? Kenny Phillips is BY FAR the best safety coming out of the draft out of Miami

And then in Roud 2 try and land Quentin Groves, thats if he were to fall into the 2nd round, or even draft the best CB on the board in round 2

What would be your thoughts on that?

Mia-Chris Long

STL-Vernon Gholston

ATL-Matt Ryan

Oak- Darren McFadden

KC-Jake Long

Jets-

with that?

Glenn Dorsey, no question.

If that were to happen, what would be your thoughts on drafting Kenny Phillips to play with Rhodes and Revis in the secondary for years to come? Kenny Phillips is BY FAR the best safety coming out of the draft out of Miami

And then in Roud 2 try and land Quentin Groves, thats if he were to fall into the 2nd round, or even draft the best CB on the board in round 2

What would be your thoughts on that?

Kenny Phillips with #6???:confused0088:

If we got him via trade down I wouldn't complain but no way would I take him at 6.

Your insane

No I'm not he's not that great and is not worth a first round pick. At best maybe after the first 20. He may be the best safety but its a weak saftey class. Plus I'd rather draft Rodgers-Cromartie then Phillips since safety is less important than CB

If i had to take a wild guess i would narrow it down to a few guys; not sure how high they rate stewart or mendenhall, but they could options. Leodis McKelvin has been tearing it up lately and could be a likely selection; i'm not sure how they see him but if they think merling can add some weight he's a distinct possiblity, maybe kentwan balmer??

I guess it all depends on how some of them work out in their proday and how high we have them ranked, but we could definately use some DE help to replace Ellis and play across from Coleman. But that would of course depend on how high we rate Dre moore or Red Bryant and if we aren't targeting them with our later pick.

This could be a possible scenario and it seems pretty tough right now, i think we'll have a better idea of where things are after the prodays and our personal workouts.

I'm not worried about replacing Ellis just yet. No DE's are going to look overly impressive on a 3-man line when the NT doesn't require the offense to double-team him.

It's not like he's untalented. Rotate him & Mosely (if necessary) for the year. If he lays an egg, then address it next year (when we could be looking at a 1st, two 2nd's, and a 3rd). Or pull the trigger on a taller DT prospect with one of our 4th's.

But with no 3rd rounder, I wouldn't grab a DE with one of our top-2 picks while we still badly need a CB, could use an ILB, a WR (b/c no way Coles will last 2 more seasons), and I'd say also a QB prospect.

We take Cromartie, possibly look at one of the other tackle prospects such as Ryan Clady or reach for a pass rusher such as Quentin Groves.

I can't see Cromartie taken THAT high! I know he had a good combine, but not that good to go #6!!

Where the Hell would you play him.

And don't say your switching to the 4-3 because that's not happening.

Aren't you a run dmc fan? I thought everyone was BPA?

I know you watch the games Irish, but you gotta watch a bit closer sometimes. We lined up like:

coleman (RDE), Robertson (NT), Pouha (LDE), Ellis (LOLB) for more than a few series last year. It was to the point that Mangini would call for that in any running situation, and numerous passing.

The papers, the coaches and the fans call it a 34, but when Mangini is implementing that sort of formation...? If it walks, talks, and acts like a duck....

All i'm saying is if Dorsey is the difference maker that I am under the impression he is, you take the BPA. Would you complain with these three down linemen?

Coleman-Jenkins-Dorsey

That is a lot of steak up front, and its not like we have the worlds ****tiest line backing corps. In a perfect world we find the next Richard Seymore, but lets not cut off our nose to spite our face.

Aren't you a run dmc fan? I thought everyone was BPA?

I know you watch the games Irish, but you gotta watch a bit closer sometimes. We lined up like:

coleman (RDE), Robertson (NT), Pouha (LDE), Ellis (LOLB) for more than a few series last year. It was to the point that Mangini would call for that in any running situation, and numerous passing.

The papers, the coaches and the fans call it a 34, but when Mangini is implementing that sort of formation...? If it walks, talks, and acts like a duck....

All i'm saying is if Dorsey is the difference maker that I am under the impression he is, you take the BPA. Would you complain with these three down linemen?

Coleman-Jenkins-Dorsey

That is a lot of steak up front, and its not like we have the worlds ****tiest line backing corps. In a perfect world we find the next Richard Seymore, but lets not cut off our nose to spite our face.

You make a good point. Dorsey is really an awesome player. A potential defensive star. But if Jake Long is there at #6 then I say take Long. A previous poster made the point that he could start at RT while Woody slides to RG, I would add that Ferguson is a concern and I dont expect the Jets to extend him beyond his rookie contract. If/when that happens then Long can slide over to LT, making it a decent value pick (ie, they will be paying LT money so he should one day soon play LT).

I looked it up; the poster to which I am referring is you.

Archived