Denver Post-Robertson took physical

Scott Dierking

Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers may have been at the Pepsi Center watching the Nuggets play Sunday, but it was De- wayne Robertson who was in town taking a physical last week. Unlike Robertson, Peppers isn't available for trade.

Carolina general manager Marty Hurney was adamant while telling The Charlotte Observer that speculation connecting Peppers' appearance in Denver to a Peppers trade to the Broncos is unfounded.

Denver is trying to acquire Robertson, a defensive tackle, from the Jets. His troublesome knee is a hang-up, but he has missed only three games in five seasons, none since 2005.

Considering the miniscule return that is now being discussed relative to Robertson (a fourth round swap and a conditional pick next year) I wonder if the Jets are not better of holding him until after the draft and creating a heightened market for DT in the hopes that Ellis or Dorsey is there at #6.

NO, CIN, DET and DEN are all teams in need of DTs. Why give one of them Robertson now when the better move might be to see who bites for the #6 on draft day? Trade Robertson during or after the first round of the draft.

Considering the miniscule return that is now being discussed relative to Robertson (a fourth round swap and a conditional pick next year) I wonder if the Jets are not better of holding him until after the draft and creating a heightened market for DT in the hopes that Ellis or Dorsey is there at #6.

NO, CIN, DET and DEN are all teams in need of DTs. Why give one of them Robertson now when the better move might be to see who bites for the #6 on draft day? Trade Robertson during or after the first round of the draft.

If they use the money to extend Rhodes, get their draft picks signed and create a cushion for them to become flexible in the salary cap next year, I will consider it a good trade.

Get rid of him when his value is highest (can i say that seriously). No need to be greedy and get stuck with him

If all we can get for him is a 5 spot trade-up on the second day, honestly, I'd rather just keep him through the draft.

Thats dumb because we have to pay for Kerry long term and get another shut down CB. Robertson is a cap killer i rather take a 7th rounder for him just to get rid of his 8.5 cap space

Thats dumb because we have to pay for Kerry long term and get another shut down CB. Robertson is a cap killer i rather take a 7th rounder for him just to get rid of his 8.5 cap space

I did not say keep him for the season. I'd pretty much rather cut him than agree to a nothing little trade like the one that was rumored.

And we do not need a "shutdown" CB. I guess no one has watched the Super Bowl since 2003 when the Bucs won with Barber/Kelly.

Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers may have been at the Pepsi Center watching the Nuggets play Sunday, but it was De- wayne Robertson who was in town taking a physical last week. Unlike Robertson, Peppers isn't available for trade.

Carolina general manager Marty Hurney was adamant while telling The Charlotte Observer that speculation connecting Peppers' appearance in Denver to a Peppers trade to the Broncos is unfounded.

Denver is trying to acquire Robertson, a defensive tackle, from the Jets. His troublesome knee is a hang-up, but he has missed only three games in five seasons, none since 2005.

Any word as to how he did in the physical? Did he pass?

I'd pretty much rather cut him than agree to a nothing little trade like the one that was rumored.

And we do not need a "shutdown" CB. I guess no one has watched the Super Bowl since 2003 when the Bucs won with Barber/Kelly.

Well, I would even trade Robertson for a 7th in a heartbeat! Not only would we free up alot of space in the cap but we would also have a chance to get lucky in the draft, lets not forget about Coltson and the Saints. Give us a 5th? And im excited.

I agree with you on the whole we dont need another shutdown corner opposite of Revis, I would much rahter have an elite safety to pair with Rhodes in the secondary.

I had to check your profile, but I wouldn't hold my breath for your birthday. On or before June 1, 2008 is a damn good bet. Have a great birthday anyway.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:Im gearing up right now, gave myself the day off.

Archived