Schein on Jets Nation said....

PLAYMAKER 29

The Jets QB coach flew to Louisville and interviewed QB Brohm for four hours. Brohm said it was the longest interview he's had.

Schein thinks the Jets drafting Brohm in the 2nd round is a real possibility.

Just figured i'd give off some info.

I would take Brohm in round 2, if we traded #6 to dallas, and then with their 2 rounders we get a WR, and a pass rusher, or CB. But if that doesent happen we have to go WR in round 2.

The Jets QB coach flew to Louisville and interviewed QB Brohm for four hours. Brohm said it was the longest interview he's had.

Schein thinks the Jets drafting Brohm in the 2nd round is a real possibility.

Just figured i'd give off some info.

I would take Brohm in round 2, if we traded #6 to dallas, and then with their 2 rounders we get a WR, and a pass rusher, or CB. But if that doesent happen we have to go WR in round 2.

I wouldn't consider Brohm personally. We have too many other needs right now and although the QB situuation is a little hazy I just don't rate any of the QB's coming through high enough to invest such money into them. I'd consider Ryan as a 1st and maybe Flacco in the 2nd but no-one else.

If we're going to take a QB I want it to be in the later rounds, maybe Brennan, Josh Johnson or Dixon.

They are all low risk/high reward type prospects.

Why take Clemens in the 2nd round if you are going to take another quarterback in the 2nd round in two year's time. This seems like a vicious circle, they should keep Clemens and start him, giving him his full opportunities, and if he does bad draft someone high in next year's first round.

I wouldn't consider Brohm personally. We have too many other needs right now and although the QB situuation is a little hazy I just don't rate any of the QB's coming through high enough to invest such money into them. I'd consider Ryan as a 1st and maybe Flacco in the 2nd but no-one else.

If we're going to take a QB I want it to be in the later rounds, maybe Brennan, Josh Johnson or Dixon.

They are all low risk/high reward type prospects.

whats all these other needs?? that argument used to be valid before free agency...its no longer..

ughh..if the Jets take a qb in round 2 what does that say about another 2nd round pick...Kellen Clemens

Maybe it doesnt say anything about Clemens, maybe it says Chad pennington will no longer be a Jet and the team realizes that you need 2 qbs in todays game due to injuries.

Why take Clemens in the 2nd round if you are going to take another quarterback in the 2nd round in two year's time. This seems like a vicious circle, they should keep Clemens and start him, giving him his full opportunities, and if he does bad draft someone high in next year's first round.

This of course would assume that the guy the draft next year would be able to step right in and not only play but play well. Why not draft someone this year, let Clemens start and if he doesnt show progress you have someone with a year under his belt ready to step in.

Maybe the coaching staff doesn't think Clemens is that good?

Does anybody remember Alex Van Dyke?

:lol:

I can recall Shellack Head Mel Kiper crowing about what a great pick Van Dyke was. Though the Van Dyke has come much more into fashion since he was picked, he wasn't much of an NFL WR.

Trading down with Dallas and selecting a Wide Receiver and Cornerback, Offensive Lineman or Inside Linebacker would be the best move for the Jets and would able them to select with want the remainder of the draft.

I agree. If the coaching staff is going to judge Kellen on the way he played last year with Montgomery as the starting LG and Clement as his starting RT, with no push in the run game plus a banged up coles, I dont see why they would have even started him in the first place.

I agree, give Kellen a chance with a better Offensive line, a run game, a Full offseason working with the coaches and starters, and if he fails this season, well then yeah... Drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd might not be a bad idea

Naw the jets are gonna draft the guy in my signature in the second round. If he's next to harris, they will have the best linebackers in football

In your signature I see Spitzer's girlfriend. A 2nd rounder? Bro have you heard the news, that chicks stock is climbing. She is a mid 1st rounder if there ever was one.

In your signature I see Spitzer's girlfriend. A 2nd rounder? Bro have you heard the news, that chicks stock is climbing. She is a mid 1st rounder if there ever was one.

Sorry max I haven't had time to watch her stock, I've been more concerned about my own stock after just getting accepted into WISCONSIN. yea boy. watch for me i'll either be on Rutgers or Wisconsin's' football team.

ok maybe i'm shooting high for goff but that's my boy. and i'd love to see him in Gang Green next to harris.

Archived