Manny Ramirez is on pace for 324 Ks

GM

The reason you guys don't hold onto your memories are because there are none to hold onto.

Well actually you guys do have some memories

Yankee memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlp9k7ZGIDU&feature=related

Now you know why we cherish our memories.

Jethro Tull's Living in the Past must be a favorite of yours.

Remember that girl you had the big crush on in high school, the one that wouldn't give you the time of day? I bet you still dream of her.

Enjoy your "got rings?" T-shirt. We do. ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was born a Yankee fan in 94, so if your trying to call me a bandwagon fan then we'll tart a debate over that btw look at your football team, and tell me about badnwagon fans. And weren't talking about the 40's, and 50's were talking mainly about 96-2000.

Wait, wait, you are telling us that you ranged from 2-6 during the recent Yankee World Series?

Beckett is obviously better than Wang, and like I said both Moose, and Wake just suck.

Again. Tim Wakefield does not suck. He is a 4th starter type pitcher who eats innings and therefore doesn't tax the bullpen. Mussina is a 5 inning starter with junk pitches now that he's lost whatever fastball he might have once had. There is a reason your bullpen was so tired by the end of last season, and he was one of them. Wakefield's ERA was almost a half run better and his WHIP was better too. All signs point to Mussina being just about done while Wakefield continues to pitch at a solid level. I know who I'd take that is for sure.

Again. Tim Wakefield does not suck. He is a 4th starter type pitcher who eats innings and therefore doesn't tax the bullpen. Mussina is a 5 inning starter with junk pitches now that he's lost whatever fastball he might have once had. There is a reason your bullpen was so tired by the end of last season, and he was one of them. Wakefield's ERA was almost a half run better and his WHIP was better too. All signs point to Mussina being just about done while Wakefield continues to pitch at a solid level. I know who I'd take that is for sure.

A 4.76 or whatever the hell the ERA was doesn't suck? Tim Wakefield isin't a 5 inning starter because the majority of his pitches are about 60 mph, so no wonder the guy can go 6-7 innings, or even more. I am not comparing the two, im just saying they both suck, I don't see how you don't think an ERA in the 4.70's doesn't suck. He has 17 wins because everyone on the team hit when he started. He blows, end of discussion... lol

Yeah, thats why I said that Hughes was better, I just said they were equal to avoid a conflict.

I think with Joba in our pen it would give us a pretty good case against the Red Sox. LaTroy Hawkins isin't that great, but he's had a good spring, hasn't allowed a run yet. Farnsworth doesn't seem as worthless. Bruney is in shape, and has better control of his pitches. Ohlendorf, Traber, and others have been solid. Sure the only sure thing though is Joba, and Rivera though. So yeah, you got to say Boston has the better Pen, I don't think they have the better set-up man though.

Well, as a Sox fan, I understand the love for Bucc. He has tons of upside, as does Hughes. Right now niether have enough major league innings under their belt to say they are FOR SURE "the next great thing," so I just stick to where they were status, and their minor league hype. It doesnt translate a lot of the time, but both have looked at least good in the majors. For that, Hughes gets the nod until we see both with a full seasons experience.

As for the pen...again, if Joba doesnt set up, then the Yankees pen is a one man show at least to start the season. True, Hawkins has looked good, but most Yankees fans will agree Farnsworth can be absolute garbage on a given day. I actually think Chris Britton will be a guy who's deeply planted in the bullpen by end of the year. He's got some upside, and I'd say it's a much better idea to give him a shot than Farnsworth or Bruney who are both older and have shown tendancies to blow up at times. Just my two cents though.

Britton-Joba-Rivera is a very good combo if you ask me. Id still take the Boston pen over them, but I am rather biased ;)

A 4.76 or whatever the hell the ERA was doesn't suck? Tim Wakefield isin't a 5 inning starter because the majority of his pitches are about 60 mph, so no wonder the guy can go 6-7 innings, or even more. I am not comparing the two, im just saying they both suck, I don't see how you don't think an ERA in the 4.70's doesn't suck. He has 17 wins because everyone on the team hit when he started. He blows, end of discussion... lol

A 4.76 ERA from your fourth starter (and 17 wins, even though a "team" stat is very much the reflection of the pitcher as well), does not blow. Not as much as a 5.15 one anyway. So if you want to say they both suck, just realize that Mussina sucks much harder. For what it is worth I believe Wakefield is an average pitcher who is borderline solid for the next few years while Mussina is below average and near retirement. That plays a factor into why I'd take Wakefield over Mussina.

Yes, because i'm 14. I was in front of the TV for all the postseason games during that span, and I still am now.

I think you just proved my point. Unless you're one of those super babies who at the age of 2 can do calculus and comprehend everything that is happening around you. If that were the case, I salute you.

I was born a Yankee fan in 94, so if your trying to call me a bandwagon fan then we'll tart a debate over that btw look at your football team, and tell me about badnwagon fans. And weren't talking about the 40's, and 50's were talking mainly about 96-2000.

What about my football team? I've been a Jets fan my whole life. The biggest thrill I had was probably watching the Jets beat Jacksonville in the divisional playoffs in 1999. I never mentioned anyone being a fair weathered fan. The only thing I did was question what you meant by all the memories you had to hold onto, and you tell me you're 2 years old when the Yanks won the world series. How can i take you seriously?

What about my football team? I've been a Jets fan my whole life. The biggest thrill I had was probably watching the Jets beat Jacksonville in the divisional playoffs in 1999. I never mentioned anyone being a fair weathered fan. The only thing I did was question what you meant by all the memories you had to hold onto, and you tell me you're 2 years old when the Yanks won the world series. How can i take you seriously?

So, because I was 2 I can't have the memory of watching the Yankees win it all when I was 2?

So your telling me the only legitament memory I can have is the Aaron Boone walkoff HR in game 7 of the ALCS when I was 10, and the Yanks sweeping the Mets when I was 6?

So, because I was 2 I can't have the memory of watching the Yankees win it all when I was 2?

So your telling me the only legitament memory I can have is the Aaron Boone walkoff HR in game 7 of the ALCS when I was 10, and the Yanks sweeping the Mets when I was 6?

Yes.

A 4.76 ERA from your fourth starter (and 17 wins, even though a "team" stat is very much the reflection of the pitcher as well), does not blow. Not as much as a 5.15 one anyway. So if you want to say they both suck, just realize that Mussina sucks much harder. For what it is worth I believe Wakefield is an average pitcher who is borderline solid for the next few years while Mussina is below average and near retirement. That plays a factor into why I'd take Wakefield over Mussina.

Go back and check out my post when I was comparing the starting rotations. I said that they both suck, so it's not like im stating either is better than the other. I think both are borderline pitchers, who are near retirement. I would take neither though, I would rather just forfeit a game before my choice is between Wakefield, and Mussina.

Well, as a Sox fan, I understand the love for Bucc. He has tons of upside, as does Hughes. Right now niether have enough major league innings under their belt to say they are FOR SURE "the next great thing," so I just stick to where they were status, and their minor league hype. It doesnt translate a lot of the time, but both have looked at least good in the majors. For that, Hughes gets the nod until we see both with a full seasons experience.

As for the pen...again, if Joba doesnt set up, then the Yankees pen is a one man show at least to start the season. True, Hawkins has looked good, but most Yankees fans will agree Farnsworth can be absolute garbage on a given day. I actually think Chris Britton will be a guy who's deeply planted in the bullpen by end of the year. He's got some upside, and I'd say it's a much better idea to give him a shot than Farnsworth or Bruney who are both older and have shown tendancies to blow up at times. Just my two cents though.

Britton-Joba-Rivera is a very good combo if you ask me. Id still take the Boston pen over them, but I am rather biased ;)

Joba is setting up for the early part of the season, so there probably wont be as much pressure on people like the Worthless one, and Hawkins. I think Hawkins can definatly succeed, but Farnsy like always, i'm unsure about. I think Britton has potential, and he may be MLB ready. He wont get picked to be the reliever over Ohlendorf though, who seems to be good. I don't think our bullpen is as bad as people think though.

Go back and check out my post when I was comparing the starting rotations. I said that they both suck, so it's not like im stating either is better than the other. I think both are borderline pitchers, who are near retirement. I would take neither though, I would rather just forfeit a game before my choice is between Wakefield, and Mussina.

I understand your position. It is the wrong one. Mussina does suck. Wakefield does not.

Well that's a retarded statement then saying I can't have a memory, because I was 2.

I would be interested from a psycholgical standpoint, what your vivid memories are from the age of 2.

One of my side hobbies is of a Cognitive Psychologist, and based upon your comments here, I think you would make a very interesting subject.

Please elaborate.

Your "memory" has already taken a severe hit here.

You claim to have memories of baseball at 2 years old, and even claiming memory of a Yankee "sweep" at the age of 6.

Sorry to say, your memory is horrible. There was no Yankee sweep.

Forget my clinical analysis of you. You will not be a valid subject.

You claim to have memories of baseball at 2 years old, and even claiming memory of a Yankee "sweep" at the age of 6.

He's still working on object permanence.

He's valid.

By sweep he means won a majority of the games, lol.

I was at Game 1. Hustle mets. If you had just hustled around the bases you could have won.

Well that's a retarded statement then saying I can't have a memory, because I was 2.

I am not about to get into a debate with a 14 year old regarding the validity of being a diehard fan at the age of 2. It will get me nowhere, case closed. If what you say is true, then so be it.

Why is it wrong? because you don't agree with it? What makes you the king of baseball? When Wakefield has an ERA in the 5's this year, then you'll realize that he sucks.

Wakefield hasn't had an ERA in the 5's since 2000 when he was mostly a reliever. So I won't hold my breath.

You are wrong because he does not suck. Someone who sucks does not win 17 games. You have no factual or statistical evidence to prove me otherwise. Just give it up.

Wakefield hasn't had an ERA in the 5's since 2000 when he was mostly a reliever. So I won't hold my breath.

You are wrong because he does not suck. Someone who sucks does not win 17 games. You have no factual or statistical evidence to prove me otherwise. Just give it up.

He had 17 wins because he plays on one of the best hitting teams in the league. I don't have to prove anything to you though, I know the guy is a garbage pitcher. If he played on a team that has no run power, he wouldn't win 10 games with a 4.7+ era. Why the hell do you think Mussina won 12 with a 5.1+ era. It's because he plays on an excellent hitting team to get him the W's. Put Wakefield, or Mussina on Oakland, I guarentee that they wouldn't get 10 wins.

I remember when I was 2 years old I took a really big **** on the floor, that's about all I remember from when I was 2. I remember in 1996 when I was about 10-11 watching the Yankees start their nice dynasty run.

This seems to be the same genetic code of all Yankee fans, they remember their first championship solidly, anything else before that is fuzzy.

Unfortunately for supposed fans born after 2000, they have been relegated to the Island of LOST.

Please, Hank Steinbrenner and Joe Girardi, help these baseball fans find their identity! A generation of would be Yankee fans are counting on you.

Good luck.

This seems to be the same genetic code of all Yankee fans, they remember their first championship solidly, anything else before that is fuzzy.

Unfortunately for supposed fans born after 2000, they have been relegated to the Island of LOST.

Please, Hank Steinbrenner and Joe Girardi, help these baseball fans find their identity! A generation of would be Yankee fans are counting on you.

Good luck.

I rather be a Yankee fan that became a Yankee fan in the year 2001, then be a Red Sox fan that was born between the years 1919, and 2003.... lol

Good luck.

I remember everything else, ya jackass. I was making a point about that other kid saying he remember watching games at 2. I remember in 1993 the Yankees being in third place, I remember the years before the WS with donnie baseball. No need to be a dick about it. I'm sure you remember the first time you resorted to petty insults because you don't have a real point to make.

I remember everything else, ya jackass. I was making a point about that other kid saying he remember watching games at 2. I remember in 1993 the Yankees being in third place, I remember the years before the WS with donnie baseball. No need to be a dick about it. I'm sure you remember the first time you resorted to petty insults because you don't have a real point to make.

You took that post serious. I am getting better.

don't try to play it off.

You really believe that I think there is an Island of LOST where Yankees fans reside?

That I really believe that Yankees fans have zero memory before their first bandwagon Series, oooops, I mean World Series?

Really?

Oh, I can be and am a real azzhole, but if you think that is where it was, you are mistaken.

You really believe that I think there is an Island of LOST where Yankees fans reside?

That I really believe that Yankees fans have zero memory before their first bandwagon Series, oooops, I mean World Series?

Really?

Oh, I can be and am a real azzhole, but if you think that is where it was, you are mistaken.

huh?

Archived