This question has not been asked straight up.

NY JET 29

Can we scare NE in the race for the AFC east?

I think we could definitely scare NE in the race now. There's no doubt in my mind that they now that this team right now is already better than the team they faced two times and beat last year. On top of that, I think that NE has gotten weaker since we've last faced them.

We were missing integral parts of the 3-4 defense that we run and now that we're filling in those holes with players who actually fit the position now I think will make our defense MUCH better. Our offense is going to rely HEAVILY on how Kellen Clemens plays this season behind our new and improved offensive line.

Kellen, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you man.

I'm just hoping we play them let's say week 4, and both teams are 3-0, and we win we would shock a lot of people being one game on top of them.

Id like to see us play them in week 4 or so as well, this is a new(er) team and I want them to be gelled pretty good before we face off with the Pats. Starting off the season against them last year was a bad draw. If we dont beat them in that first meeting its going to be a tall order to catch them.

Id like to see us play them in week 4 or so as well, this is a new(er) team and I want them to be gelled pretty good before we face off with the Pats. Starting off the season against them last year was a bad draw. If we dont beat them in that first meeting its going to be a tall order to catch them.

Exactly.

Also about the schedule I see us unfortuneatly playing them week 2 or 3.

Offensively what have done to upgrade other than a few linemen.We havennt added any scoring weapons.Same QB same RB same WR same TE all = POINTS.

So my answer is NO.

This is true. I hope the draft lands us a good WR that we can work into the games early.

Offensively what have done to upgrade other than a few linemen.We havennt added any scoring weapons.Same QB same RB same WR same TE all = POINTS.

So my answer is NO.

I understand what you are saying, but this isn't going to be a very upfield offense.

Looking at the players they have acquired, and the players I suspect they are going to acquire in the draft, the offense is going to be 4 yards and a cloud of dust, with a lot of 3rd and shorts.

The defense is going to be very smash mouth, Physical guys. Jenkins, Harris, Elam. People that hit you. If they can generate a big pass rush, and they might if they take either Gholston or Harvey in the first round, this might be a very different team. The Giants showed that Brady is very mortal when you knock him on his butt.

If the players they picked up gel quickly, and play as advertised, I think they will be able to move the football. If they can finish off drives this should be a very good football team.

I say yes

I understand what you are saying, but this isn't going to be a very upfield offense.

Looking at the players they have acquired, and the players I suspect they are going to acquire in the draft, the offense is going to be 4 yards and a cloud of dust, with a lot of 3rd and shorts.

The defense is going to be very smash mouth, Physical guys. Jenkins, Harris, Elam. People that hit you. If they can generate a big pass rush, and they might if they take either Gholston or Harvey in the first round, this might be a very different team. The Giants showed that Brady is very mortal when you knock him on his butt.

If the players they picked up gel quickly, and play as advertised, I think they will be able to move the football. If they can finish off drives this should be a very good football team.

I say yes

i agree 100%. it should be like watching the steelers of old, we don't have the big play guy (aside from leon) but big plays tend to happen from wearing down an opponent, IMO.

i agree 100%. it should be like watching the steelers of old, we don't have the big play guy (aside from leon) but big plays tend to happen from wearing down an opponent, IMO.

I think Coles and Cotchery make stuff happen, they just have to get the ball. Now Clemens will have some more time to throw and he'll get the ball to them. We should have a decent ground game. The offense is going to be better than people think, imo.

Are you insane?

Seriously, these stupid threads need to stop. The Jets are nowhere near close enough to compete with the Patriots for the division title. Not even close. Until we have a Quarterback or a '85 Bears or '00 Ravens defense, we arn't close.

I think Coles and Cotchery make stuff happen, they just have to get the ball. Now Clemens will have some more time to throw and he'll get the ball to them. We should have a decent ground game. The offense is going to be better than people think, imo.

I think were gonna have a great ground game:)

So my answer is NO.

Yeah we've upgraded linemen, who are a pretty big part of the offense, at key positions being the LG and the RT. Throw in the fact that the LG we signed is a consistant pro-bowler and I think that our offense A LOT better than it was last year.

Our QB's will now have time to throw and our RBs will actually have holes created by the "few linemen" that we signed. The offense as well as the defense starts from the inside out.

Are you insane?

Seriously, these stupid threads need to stop. The Jets are nowhere near close enough to compete with the Patriots for the division title. Not even close. Until we have a Quarterback or a '85 Bears or '00 Ravens defense, we arn't close.

We might be competitive. It really goes back to the QB. I'd also like to see how the draft goes.

Divisional games are always competitive. Miami almost went winless last year, yet they still somehow manage to give Brady sleepless nights.

Last year, I could've sworn we had Buffalo's number.

So yeah, I think NE is looking over their shoulder. They now know they're not invincible; that should impact the team's psyche. We just got a lot stronger through FA; that should impact our psyche.

But when was the last time they had Brady, and we had a pass rush?

Now we have a pass rush, so tommy boy will have a harder time.

We have a pass rush on paper. Lets see how they put everything together on the field before we get too excited.

Archived