Chiefs shopping Allen

Alk

:rl::rl::rl:

Herm is such an idiot.

He might be the only coach in the history of football that would consider giving up an all pro caliber pass rusher like Allen in favor of two or three mediocre CB's.

Who just turned 26 less than 2 weeks ago. Hey, he's going to start to slow down in like 7 years. Get what you can for him now.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807d2437

Jared Allen visiting the Vikings. Chiefs are asking for a 1st and a 2nd. Vikings are offering a 1st (#17) and a 3rd (#73 or #82) & there are others interested (Tampa).

If I were the Chiefs I'd still keep Allen. The 17th pick and a 3rd rounder aren't worth a stud who just entered his prime. Particularly when they have gobs of cap room & slept on every available FA.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807d2437

Jared Allen visiting the Vikings. Chiefs are asking for a 1st and a 2nd. Vikings are offering a 1st (#17) and a 3rd (#73 or #82) & there are others interested (Tampa).

If I were the Chiefs I'd still keep Allen. The 17th pick and a 3rd rounder aren't worth a stud who just entered his prime. Particularly when they have gobs of cap room & slept on every available FA.

agree 100%

Ok how much $$$ do the jets have left? can you imagine if Long slips to us and somehow (impossible, but still), somehow the Jets get Allen?

Long - Jenkins - Allen

with Harris behind them.

+Revis and Rhodes..

Guys we would be talking about the #1 defense in the NFL. Hands down.

That'll be alot of money. That'll be sick though.

Maybe we can get Allen in exchange for Pennington. You know Herm would probably wet himself to get his QB back lmao.

:violent5:. allens not a 3-4 DE and he isnt leaving kc for a small price. if he does leave kc im going to go to kc and personally kick the **** out of herm tho.

Both of those guys are too undersized to play DE in a 3-4. That D would really struggle up front and would be overpowered most of the time. If we were to get either Allen or Long they would be OLB'ers.

Sorry, my bad. I don't know how to judge their sizes sometimes.. I looked up Allen, it says he's 6'6, 270. Shaun Ellis is a 3-4 DE at 6'5, 285. Would it be tough for Allen to put on, say, 20 lbs? I always think of how easy it would be for me to put on 20-30 lbs, but maybe that's tough when you're already huge.

I could no longer switch my team from the Jets than I could use a different blood type. The best I can do is detach myself emotionally in seasons such as the one we went through last year. KC is a cool team-historically and the fans bleed Chiefs red...don't worry though bro-this is Herm's last year, he'll be moved into the league office in 2009-watch...

He should be moved in front of a speeding bus. :biggrin:

:rl::rl::rl:

Herm is such an idiot.

He might be the only coach in the history of football that would consider giving up an all pro caliber pass rusher like Allen in favor of two or three mediocre CB's.

Exactly my thoughts. Everyone else in the league is going nuts trying to get pass rushers. Drafting guys out of position because they MIGHT turn into decent pass rushers in the right scheme, moving up in the draft to get a decent pass rusher maybe, etc, etc and this moron has an ALL PRO pass rusher and we wants to deal him off? :rl: What an idiot.

Actually I'm starting to think this would be a very, very good move by KC. They're asking for a 1st and a 2nd (Apparently the Vikes are close to matching) and in return they could wind up with Vernon Gholston/Chris Long as an immediate replacement AND some offensive line help later on in the 1st with Clady/Cherilus/Otah/Albert, they would also have another 2nd round pick.

If that trade gets pulled off I would say that KC easily come away better off. I love to bash Herm as much as anyone but that would be a great move IMO.

I enjoy a good Herm Edwards dogpile as much as the next guy, but he's not the one who's facilitating this deal, Carl Petersen is. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread that Jared is one bad night away from getting a yearlong suspension dropped on him. A lot of this he brought on himself.

i could do it, i have a jersey and a ball cap. i got quite abit of football stuff. two jets hats, giants hat back when they had arrington, broncos hat and jersey, leftwich jersey, gonzalez and vanover jersey's, and a steve young jersey

I'm sorry, but if you're a Chiefs fan, you do not own a Denver Broncos jersey, that is if you're a true Chiefs fan.

I'm sorry, but if you're a Chiefs fan, you do not own a Denver Broncos jersey, that is if you're a true Chiefs fan.

that is sort of like a Jets fan also having a Jason Taylor jersey hangin' in their closet...I shudder at the thought

Or a Tom Brady. :shock:

no that's too extreme 124-Oakland is KC's blood rival just like NE is now ours...Buffalo and us for some reason never really hated each other the way we hated the Fins and now the Pats...Denver is a longtime rival of the Chiefs-but not the #1 enemy-does that make sense?

Would be hysterical if they are stupid enough to do this deal with Minnesota prior to the draft, and then both Chris Long and Gholston are off the board at #5.

remember who we're dealing with here SE...I'm telling you I actually feel sorry for Chiefs fans...I wonder if BP has been over at The Planet lately and what they are saying now...

Actually I'm starting to think this would be a very, very good move by KC. They're asking for a 1st and a 2nd (Apparently the Vikes are close to matching) and in return they could wind up with Vernon Gholston/Chris Long as an immediate replacement AND some offensive line help later on in the 1st with Clady/Cherilus/Otah/Albert, they would also have another 2nd round pick.

If that trade gets pulled off I would say that KC easily come away better off. I love to bash Herm as much as anyone but that would be a great move IMO.

I disagree with this.

First of all Herm knows what he has in Allen - a young, pereniall pass rusher. He'd have to consider himself extremely lucky if either Gholston or Long turn out to be anywhere near as good as Allen is. Second of all, Herm SUCKS at drafting and at the very least, should have identified this weakness by now. If he wants to get rid of all of his stars and try to draft an entire team, I feel sorry for the future of the Chiefs organization.

Thirdly, there is no guarantee that the players he wants will be around when he picks, which is why the draft is a bit of a crapshoot,

I disagree with this.

First of all Herm knows what he has in Allen - a young, pereniall pass rusher. He'd have to consider himself extremely lucky if either Gholston or Long turn out to be anywhere near as good as Allen is. Second of all, Herm SUCKS at drafting and at the very least, should have identified this weakness by now. If he wants to get rid of all of his stars and try to draft an entire team, I feel sorry for the future of the Chiefs organization.

Thirdly, there is no guarantee that the players he wants will be around when he picks, which is why the draft is a bit of a crapshoot,

Exactly how I feel.

I disagree with this.

I agree but if Long or Gholston do indeed develop into the players they've been hyped up to be then it could be a much better move in the long term.

So for KC it's basically a scenario of:

Gholston/Long + Clady/Cherilus/Otah/Albert + 2nd Round Pick (more than likely one of the many CB's in this draft)

vs

Jared Allen + Clady/Cherilus/Otah/Albert

Depending on who's available it could work out differently but IMO their draft would likely turn out like the top scenario. There is no denying it would be a huge risk but in the long term it could turn out to be a great move.

I agree but if Long or Gholston do indeed develop into the players they've been hyped up to be then it could be a much better move in the long term.

So for KC it's basically a scenario of:

Gholston/Long + Clady/Cherilus/Otah/Albert + 2nd Round Pick (more than likely one of the many CB's in this draft)

vs

Jared Allen + Clady/Cherilus/Otah/Albert

Depending on who's available it could work out differently but IMO their draft would likely turn out like the top scenario. There is no denying it would be a huge risk but in the long term it could turn out to be a great move.

So they are basically trading Allen for a 2nd or 3rd round value.

Figure Allen is better than either Gholston or Long. Then you have to take into account that they'd be able to pick up one of those lineman or possibly Jake Long, and a 2nd round pick even if they keep Allen, in the end Id say the Cheifs would be losers. Especially given Herm's inadequate drafting, which the future of the organization now relies on...

remember who we're dealing with here SE...I'm telling you I actually feel sorry for Chiefs fans...I wonder if BP has been over at The Planet lately and what they are saying now...

It's a pretty even split, some are freaking out at the notion and some are in favor of it. For the most part everyone is resigned to the fact that it's going to happen, now we're just left to wonder how badly Carl will screw it up.

Archived