Jets | Team considering 397 players in draft

Smizzy

Jets | Team considering 397 players in draft

Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:39:27 -0700

New York Jets director of player personnel Terry Bradway said the Jets are considering 397 players as players they might have interest in drafting.

That's it?

That's it?

I don't know how Bradway can say this. I mean how can he even remotely think of drafting FB Carl Stewart out of Auburn or DT Eric Foster at 270 lbs. out of Rutgers? That would, I would think, leave us with 395 players to SERIOUSLY consider. :bag:

Last years news. He was a total bust I believe. Out of shape and slower than the 5:15 freight train out of Sioux Falls. :bag:

I was kidding. I remeber a bunch of people here where nuts about him last year, then he got cut from N.O. minicamp after 12 minuets because his conditioning sucked.

I'm not a member of NY Times, so I don't know who you're talking about. My guess is that it's the HUGE DT prospect, Walter Thomas? Was that his name? The guy who could do back-flips. What was he, like 6'3, 350 ?

I was a fan of grabbing him in the 6th or 7th. What else are you expecting from those picks? I mean, really?

on edit:

Just looked him up on wiki. It WAS Walter Thomas; 6'5, 370; fast, limber and could do a back-flip. Yeah, I was pretty high on him as a NT prospect. I'm not sure what the article says about him, but I'm still impressed that a human of that stature can accomplish such acrobatic feats. That a fuggin' HUGE man, man.

Walter Thomas "Recap"

Thomas registered for, but was not selected during the 2007 NFL Draft. Although his lack of playing time in college and previous arrest are hindrances, he significantly raised his profile after taking part in Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Classic as well as participating in a Pro-Day he was invited to at Mississippi State University (he did not attend the school).[2][3] Known as "Great Wall," scouts and draft experts gave Thomas high reviews and expected the "sleeper" candidate to be taken in the second day of the draft.[2] Thomas is considered exceptionally fast for his large size, and can execute gymnastic maneuvers such as flips and cartwheels.[2][4]

Thomas was signed by the New Orleans Saints on April 30, 2007, as an undrafted free agent. Thomas was cut after 12 minutes into the first mini-camp from the team due to lack of conditioning.

I got this from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Thomas_(football_player)

I'm not a member of NY Times, so I don't know who you're talking about. My guess is that it's the HUGE DT prospect, Walter Thomas? Was that his name? The guy who could do back-flips. What was he, like 6'3, 350 ?

I was a fan of grabbing him in the 6th or 7th. What else are you expecting from those picks? I mean, really?

on edit:

Just looked him up on wiki. It WAS Walter Thomas; 6'5, 370; fast, limber and could do a back-flip. Yeah, I was pretty high on him as a NT prospect. I'm not sure what the article says about him, but I'm still impressed that a human of that stature can accomplish such acrobatic feats. That a fuggin' HUGE man, man.

April 25, 2007

For N.F.L. Draft, the Biggest (XXXXXXL) Sleeper

By LEE JENKINS

GALVESTON, Tex., April 21

Archived