JETS MAY TRADE UP!

Vudu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gholston was invisible in half the games this season. Thats a HUGE question make to give that kind of money too. Long would be Vilma part 2.

With that comment, I'm assuming you watched every single Ohio St. game last season. Am I right?

Heds not the number 1 pick because of need... the other team just simply have more important holes to fill..they dont need a RB...

Dolphins Ronnie Brown

St louis Steven Jackson

Atlanta Michael Turner

Raiders Fargus,Bush,Rhodes,Jordan

Chiefs Larry Johnson

I mean cmon... any one of those teams would be idiots to watse the top 5 pick on a position they already have... no matter how good the player is.

As for Mcfadden... All im saying is hes worth a shot for a team that offense stalled more times then my 97 pontiac trans am... The offense was putrid... now you cant say..we took care of the O-line so now what? all the players we had before are all of a sudden game breakers..

while all of you were busy saluting the thomas jones trade I was one of the onlyt ones that said it would bite us in the end... everyone thought we roibbed the bears..

and we dont need a RB either. If our O-line is as great as everyone expects, our current RB's will be fine. If our o-line isnt going to be top 5, McFadden isnt the RB for us either since he needs big holes to run through.

Our offense sucked last year because of Chad having no arm and the o-line was swiss cheese and we had lousy play calling. It wasnt because our RB's sucked. you cant have a running game with 8 men in the box every single play.

We still need: A QB who can throw the ball past 10 yards accurately. An o-line that can run and pass block. Coaching staff calling plays that work with the strength of our players, not trying to fit the players into their system. WR's that can catch the ball, stay in bounds, and not get hurt every game.

A RB would be great, but far from our biggest problem on offense.

wow he protected his brother in a fight at a bar..

underage in a bar? Yep. Another great decision by DMC.

He makes terrible off field decisions. That is not going to change in NYC.

You really think with the millions he's going to get, the old life of his will stay in the past?

No freakin way.

If RB was our biggest need, you take the chance. Since its not, his off field problems combined with his on-field issues its just not worth it.

underage in a bar? Yep. Another great decision by DMC.

He makes terrible off field decisions. That is not going to change in NYC.

You really think with the millions he's going to get, the old life of his will stay in the past?

No freakin way.

If RB was our biggest need, you take the chance. Since its not, his off field problems combined with his on-field issues its just not worth it.

Hang on. I'm not loving the idea of pouring another $40-50M and a #6 overall draft pick to a position we've already dumped plenty of money and draft picks at.

But saying that being in a bar, when he's in college & underage, is an example of a bad off-field decision is a bit much for even me. Were you seriously that much of a prude that you didn't step into a bar until your 21st birthday? lol - you aren't quite that boring that I'd think so.

Hang on. I'm not loving the idea of pouring another $40-50M and a #6 overall draft pick to a position we've already dumped plenty of money and draft picks at.

But saying that being in a bar, when he's in college & underage, is an example of a bad off-field decision is a bit much for even me. Were you seriously that much of a prude that you didn't step into a bar until your 21st birthday? lol - you aren't quite that boring that I'd think so.

I knew somebody would reply like this...

Was I a star RB for a major college football program?

Was I a highly touted prospect for the NFL?

No. I wasnt. Is DMC? Yes. He has been a prospect since being SEC freshman of the year. Being a prospect since 2006 you would expect a person like him will do everything in their power to do everything right... to increase his draft status and lead to a bigger payday. But look what has happened to him since he went into a bar underage. Has he made good decisions since then? No he hasnt. He has continued to make bad decisions. And going to a bar underage is a bad decision. Its illegal. I dont care if everyone in the world does it, its still a bad decision.

How can I expect him to make the right personal decisions now that he is going to be a millionaire in NYC? My team is going to pour millions into a guy who has never shown football is his priority?

Its not about you or me. What we did cannot be compared to what DMC does/did. We werent highly touted prospects whose every move determines our status in our profession. He cost himself millions because of these bad decisions.

And no, actually I didnt go into bars before I was 21. House parties were better. Bars closed at 1am. Amherst sucked.

I don't care that he's at the bar, but you can go to a bar without putting yourself into the situations he has. Plus if you're going to get into a fight, and you're a star running back try not to mangle your big ****ing toe kicking somebody. He is an idiot and a liability, he can't be trusted at a piano bar in Ark, I don't trust him living in NYC. Especially if he brings his idiot thug brother's with him. Maybe he changes and becomes a good character guy, but maybe he doesn't. Do you really want to make him the highest payed RB in the league and find out?

I knew somebody would reply like this...

Was I a star RB for a major college football program?

Was I a highly touted prospect for the NFL?

No. I wasnt. Is DMC? Yes. He has been a prospect since being SEC freshman of the year. Being a prospect since 2006 you would expect a person like him will do everything in their power to do everything right... to increase his draft status and lead to a bigger payday. But look what has happened to him since he went into a bar underage. Has he made good decisions since then? No he hasnt. He has continued to make bad decisions. And going to a bar underage is a bad decision. Its illegal. I dont care if everyone in the world does it, its still a bad decision.

How can I expect him to make the right personal decisions now that he is going to be a millionaire in NYC? My team is going to pour millions into a guy who has never shown football is his priority?

Its not about you or me. What we did cannot be compared to what DMC does/did. We werent highly touted prospects whose every move determines our status in our profession. He cost himself millions because of these bad decisions.

And no, actually I didnt go into bars before I was 21. House parties were better. Bars closed at 1am. Amherst sucked.

I really hope you believe Glenn Dorsey and Vernon Gholston were at home reading Hardy boys novels until their 21st.

A bigger character issue in my mind is four kids by four different women. Apparently Mr McFadden isn't too familiar with jimmy hats.

At the same time, who cares? The Jets think this guy isn't pacman jones and that's good enough for me.

but you notice that nobody is making a big deal about him being underaged in a bar because it happens every night including college athletes.. dont be suprised when we draft him on saturday because its going to happen

i wont be surprised if we draft him.

And actually I have heard a few people talking about why he was in a bar underage.

Whether the rest of the world does it or not, its still a bad decision. He makes bad decisions in his personal life. This is just another in a string of bad decisions.

I really hope you believe Glenn Dorsey and Vernon Gholston were at home reading Hardy boys novels until their 21st.

A bigger character issue in my mind is four kids by four different women. Apparently Mr McFadden isn't too familiar with jimmy hats.

At the same time, who cares? The Jets think this guy isn't pacman jones and that's good enough for me.

Well, I never said this is the character flaw that pushes it over the edge for me. This was yet another bad decision on his part. He started with underage bar fight in 2006. 2008- fathering kids, bar fight. The problems continue with him.

And Dorsey and Gholston didnt get into 2 bar fights. THey didnt father multiple kids. They dont have negative press. They dont have a line of bad decisions following them. I know kids make bad decisions at times. But isnt it funny how none of the other top picks have the baggage that DMC has? Guess its more than just boys being boys.

I dont need choir boys. I need someone who learns from their mistakes and not make bad decisions. McFadden has yet to learn from his mistakes and will be a liability.

And the Jets have never said that he isnt Pacman. In fact, have they even said anything about him?

but none of any of that matters, hes going to come in and run all over the field about less than 7% of all players in the nfl turn out like pacman hes never been involved with guns or any of that gangster sh*t hes a good kid, i cant wait for september

but none of any of that matters, hes going to come in and run all over the field about less than 7% of all players in the nfl turn out like pacman hes never been involved with guns or any of that gangster sh*t hes a good kid, i cant wait for september

he isnt going to run all over the field. This aint college no more. No more holes you can drive a mack truck through.

and with the history he has, he is more likely to screw up than any other 1st rounder this year. He isnt a good kid. He's an immature kid who has never grown up. I hope that if the jets draft him he becomes a good person. And thats my money they are paying him.

if you look at him in any of his interviews you would know hes not a troublemaker at all, he hasnt done anything abnormal you need to get over the small stuff because hes going to be our first playmaker in a very very long time

if he is our guy, I will root for him. My biggest problem isnt his off field problems. Its what he does on the field that worries me. He isnt going to be a great back on this team.

His off field antics are just another black mark on his resume.

and I dont care what he says in interviews. Its what he has done in his life that shows what type of person he is.

I just dont get why people cant accept the fact that some of us dont think he is going to be a great RB and that we are worried he is going to continue to be an immature punk.

if you look at him in any of his interviews you would know hes not a troublemaker at all, he hasnt done anything abnormal you need to get over the small stuff because hes going to be our first playmaker in a very very long time

I don't necessarily think that McFadden's character stuff means that much, but Ray Lewis is basically a media darling that tells stories about how he lost a childhood friend to gang violence and would work his whole life to avoid that kind of lifestyle. Then he ran back to his limo drenched in blood after a double homicide and refused to talk to police. How they seem in interviews isn't a good gauge of character.

haha at least we would have a rb and a wr who can throw better then our qb's.. his qb rating was def over 120 with all those touchdown throws and a very high completion % over 75.. we should use the wildcat formation.. it was very fun watching mcfadden

HE THREW 3 PASSES!!!!!!!! e was 3/3 for 27yds and 1 td!!!!!! and the td was thrown behind the receiver!!!! WTF? are you watching?:confused0082:

I was told by someone that if the jets draft Mcfadden.. they will bring in Curtis Martin to mentor him.. curtis martin gre up in the same type situation and it woul dbe good for dmc to hang with him.

good idea, but I'd rather have a current player do it. Like Cris Carter did with Randy Moss in Minny.

It's 2 children by 2 different women not 4.

Big ****ing deal, Tom Brady has a baby momma as well.

3 paternity suits. 1 may be dismissed. 2 bar fights.

He has shown he isnt learning from his mistakes no matter what he says. He keeps putting himself in bad situations. You cant do that as a pro or in NYC.

Bad upbringing.

You dont think the 11 brothers and sisters arent going to leech off of him? You think the bad element that has been around him his whole life is going to disappear now that he's making millions?

You just cant ignore these things and hope he grows up. You have to know that he is going to put all this behind him and become a professional where only football matters.

I like that Houston Nutt said good things about him- that he's respectful and was the first in and the last to leave- its nice to see another side. But he still makes bad decisions away from the field.

3 paternity suits. 1 may be dismissed. 2 bar fights.

He has shown he isnt learning from his mistakes no matter what he says. He keeps putting himself in bad situations. You cant do that as a pro or in NYC.

Bad upbringing.

You dont think the 11 brothers and sisters arent going to leech off of him? You think the bad element that has been around him his whole life is going to disappear now that he's making millions?

You just cant ignore these things and hope he grows up. You have to know that he is going to put all this behind him and become a professional where only football matters.

I like that Houston Nutt said good things about him- that he's respectful and was the first in and the last to leave- its nice to see another side. But he still makes bad decisions away from the field.

he has 10 Bros and sisters, 2 are died in gang related shootings, and he said only 1 sister will be living with him when and if he moves to NY to play for our team. I agree with the bad upbringing, but his mother is an ex crack head, wattaya want? He can't change the past but can definatly prove his worth on the football field. Stop being a prude.

he has 10 Bros and sisters, 2 are died in gang related shootings, and he said only 1 sister will be living with him when and if he moves to NY to play for our team. I agree with the bad upbringing, but his mother is an ex crack head, wattaya want? He can't change the past but can definatly prove his worth on the football field. Stop being a prude.

Ok. wow, you totally changed my mind.

dude, just because you dont care about his off-field issues does not mean they arent a big deal.

This is my team that I root for and I dont need a pacman or vick on this team. we're an embarrassment already. I dont want my team spending 40 million dollars on a player who could possibly continue to f*** up. Its not about being a prude, its about seeing the big picture.

You're ok with his off-field crap. Im not. You arent going to change my opinion.

Ok. wow, you totally changed my mind.

dude, just because you dont care about his off-field issues does not mean they arent a big deal.

This is my team that I root for and I dont need a pacman or vick on this team. we're an embarrassment already. I dont want my team spending 40 million dollars on a player who could possibly continue to f*** up. Its not about being a prude, its about seeing the big picture.

You're ok with his off-field crap. Im not. You arent going to change my opinion.

Ok so I guess if your brother is getting his ass kicked you'll stand to the side because you're above getting ina fight. Accidental pregnancies can happen to anyone, even you, so dont hold that against him as a stain on his character because it's weak. Noone talks about Matt Lienhart and his out of wedlock child or Tom brady and his out of wedlock child or Adrian Petersen and his out of Wedlock child. Newsflash, a huge majority of NFL players have multiple children out of wedlock, by multiple women, this isnt a unique circumstance. I understand that he may be high risk, but most of it isnt Darren McFadden the person, most of it was his surroundings & environment. You probably can't relate to growing up in the 'ghetto' but I sure can. Im sure he'll have an excellent support system here with the JETS, we have good role model alumnus who would make sure he keeps out of trouble [ Curtis Martin etc], and we also have respectable players who can show him the way. We have a boatload of "squeaky clean" players and no superbowls, it's high time we go against the grain, especially with a talent such as this. Im not trying to change your opinion, Im just trying to tell you that it isnt always smart to be so judgemental.

HE THREW 3 PASSES!!!!!!!! e was 3/3 for 27yds and 1 td!!!!!! and the td was thrown behind the receiver!!!! WTF? are you watching?:confused0082:

are you crazy or are you talking about a single game? he threw 13/20 for 192 yards and 7 touchdowns his soph and junior year.. also in his soph and junior year he ran for 3477 yards, both years having a longest run of 80 yds which hasnt been done by a Jet since nom and had 30 touchdowns, i know im not too impressed about what he does on the field either...

Ok so I guess if your brother is getting his ass kicked you'll stand to the side because you're above getting ina fight. Accidental pregnancies can happen to anyone, even you, so dont hold that against him as a stain on his character because it's weak. Noone talks about Matt Lienhart and his out of wedlock child or Tom brady and his out of wedlock child or Adrian Petersen and his out of Wedlock child. Newsflash, a huge majority of NFL players have multiple children out of wedlock, by multiple women, this isnt a unique circumstance. I understand that he may be high risk, but most of it isnt Darren McFadden the person, most of it was his surroundings & environment. You probably can't relate to growing up in the 'ghetto' but I sure can. Im sure he'll have an excellent support system here with the JETS, we have good role model alumnus who would make sure he keeps out of trouble [ Curtis Martin etc], and we also have respectable players who can show him the way. We have a boatload of "squeaky clean" players and no superbowls, it's high time we go against the grain, especially with a talent such as this. Im not trying to change your opinion, Im just trying to tell you that it isnt always smart to be so judgemental.

sums up everything, great post

My brother wouldnt put himself or his future gravy train in a situation like that. Its not like they were out playing checkers and all hell broke loose.

And accidental pregnancies happen? Only to people who dont use protection. Amazingly I've never gotten a chick pregnant. I use a condom or she's on the pill. See, I used my brain and realized I didnt want a kid when I came out of college. Maybe one kid i can see, but 3 women accuse him? Sounds like a moron to me. Brady didnt have 3 women accusing him. Leinert didnt either. And neither got into bar fights.

And you told me everything I need to know. You grew up in this type of environment where these acts are acceptable. So of course you have no problem with it. I didnt. I was brought up with morals and rules. I know right from wrong. I know to learn from mistakes I make. McFadden has yet to learn any lesson from anything he did wrong.

But guess what? The majority of fans dont care if he was from the ghetto or Greenwich. They want their players to act above and beyond what normal people do. If they act like they still live in the ghetto, HE WILL BE IN TROUBLE AGAIN.

If it was 1 kid, ok. If it was 1 fight, ok. But it wasnt. 3 women accused him. He had 2 bar fights. He has a bad family background that will be there with their hands open. He continues to act like this because people like you justify his actions. Maybe if someone in the ghetto stood up and told people to stop acting like morons and get their lives together we wouldnt have to even discuss this.

im saying he is high risk and his talent along with our needs dont override his off field problems.

Stop making excuses for him. Stop justifying his actions. Neither of us know what is going to happen.

I hope and pray he is a new man. I really do. I dont want him to fail. I want him to succeed whether he plays for us or not. But there have been too many times where people with bad backgrounds fell back into their old friends/routines/habits. And you just cant ignore that. He MUST put the ghetto behind him NOW.

My brother wouldnt put himself or his future gravy train in a situation like that. Its not like they were out playing checkers and all hell broke loose.

And accidental pregnancies happen? Only to people who dont use protection. Amazingly I've never gotten a chick pregnant. I use a condom or she's on the pill. See, I used my brain and realized I didnt want a kid when I came out of college. Maybe one kid i can see, but 3 women accuse him? Sounds like a moron to me. Brady didnt have 3 women accusing him. Leinert didnt either. And neither got into bar fights.

And you told me everything I need to know. You grew up in this type of environment where these acts are acceptable. So of course you have no problem with it. I didnt. I was brought up with morals and rules. I know right from wrong. I know to learn from mistakes I make. McFadden has yet to learn any lesson from anything he did wrong.

But guess what? The majority of fans dont care if he was from the ghetto or Greenwich. They want their players to act above and beyond what normal people do. If they act like they still live in the ghetto, HE WILL BE IN TROUBLE AGAIN.

If it was 1 kid, ok. If it was 1 fight, ok. But it wasnt. 3 women accused him. He had 2 bar fights. He has a bad family background that will be there with their hands open. He continues to act like this because people like you justify his actions. Maybe if someone in the ghetto stood up and told people to stop acting like morons and get their lives together we wouldnt have to even discuss this.

im saying he is high risk and his talent along with our needs dont override his off field problems.

Stop making excuses for him. Stop justifying his actions. Neither of us know what is going to happen.

I hope and pray he is a new man. I really do. I dont want him to fail. I want him to succeed whether he plays for us or not. But there have been too many times where people with bad backgrounds fell back into their old friends/routines/habits. And you just cant ignore that. He MUST put the ghetto behind him NOW.

I never said any of that stuff was acceptable, or wasn't acceptable growing up in the "hood" nor do I agree with it, but environment has a lot to do with a person's character as anything else. And how can you say he hasnt learned anything from his mistakes when he hasnt played a single down in the NFL yet?

BTW, a vast majority of NFL players have intercourse with groupies, you have NOOOOOOO idea the amount of snatch that gets thrown at you once you put on a pair of cleets and sign a big contract. Maybe you need to get out more and realize the amount of sex being had, Condoms break and not every female is on birth control. So you were smart, great, I guess Tom Brady, Lienhart and the others were idiots. You're speaking in absolutes, and that's never wise. Give the guy a break and hold your opinion until he starts playing in the NFL. If anything you can always say "I told you so", but you're aborting his character and he hasnt even been drafted yet. I do believe he will put a valiant effort into "putting the ghetto behind him", what I do know is that he needs to get as far away from Little Rock Arkansas and his abomination of a family as soon as he can.

I never said any of that stuff was acceptable, or wasn't acceptable growing up in the "hood" nor do I agree with it, but environment has a lot to do with a person's character as anything else. And how can you say he hasnt learned anything from his mistakes when he hasnt played a single down in the NFL yet?

BTW, a vast majority of NFL players have intercourse with groupies, you have NOOOOOOO idea the amount of snatch that gets thrown at you once you put on a pair of cleets and sign a big contract. Maybe you need to get out more and realize the amount of sex being had, Condoms break and not every female is on birth control. So you were smart, great, I guess Tom Brady, Lienhart and the others were idiots. You're speaking in absolutes, and that's never wise. Give the guy a break and hold your opinion until he starts playing in the NFL. If anything you can always say "I told you so", but you're aborting his character and he hasnt even been drafted yet. I do believe he will put a valiant effort into "putting the ghetto behind him", what I do know is that he needs to get as far away from Little Rock Arkansas and his abomination of a family as soon as he can.

He said he learned his lesson after the bar fight in 2006. Did he? Nope.

Condoms break? 3 times? Leinert and Brady only had a problem ONCE NOT 3 TIMES.

I need to get out more? I worked for a div 1 college hockey program. i know the partying that goes on. I know the sex that happens. I know college athletes arent saints. But I also know they try to avoid putting themselves in a position to hurt themselves and none of them were top of the draft guys like DMC.

I cant judge him on what he will do, I can only judge him by what he's done. And he has shown he has yet to mature.

Why should I give him a break? Because he is talented? That is a joke. Why should I wait to see if he f**ks up in the NFL? He has red flags now. I dont want a Pacman on my team.

If other players in the past hadn't acted like jackasses we wouldnt even be discussing this. But they have and it is a big deal when you are talking 40 MILLION DOLLARS.

Plus I speak in absolutes??? Huh? Where did I say anything that was an absolute? I must have missed that.

And if the Jets — the hometown team with the sixth overall pick — opt to somehow pass on Darren McFadden if he's still on the board? Well, then it could get downright ugly. Either way, let's hope the Radio City Music Hall ushers get a good night's rest the evening before. I have a feeling they'll have their hands full on Saturday.

He said he learned his lesson after the bar fight in 2006. Did he? Nope.

Condoms break? 3 times? Leinert and Brady only had a problem ONCE NOT 3 TIMES.

I need to get out more? I worked for a div 1 college hockey program. i know the partying that goes on. I know the sex that happens. I know college athletes arent saints. But I also know they try to avoid putting themselves in a position to hurt themselves and none of them were top of the draft guys like DMC.

I cant judge him on what he will do, I can only judge him by what he's done. And he has shown he has yet to mature.

Why should I give him a break? Because he is talented? That is a joke. Why should I wait to see if he f**ks up in the NFL? He has red flags now. I dont want a Pacman on my team.

If other players in the past hadn't acted like jackasses we wouldnt even be discussing this. But they have and it is a big deal when you are talking 40 MILLION DOLLARS.

Plus I speak in absolutes??? Huh? Where did I say anything that was an absolute? I must have missed that.

Fine, I'll aquiesce. Let's pick the squeaky clean big white guy with the NFL Hall of Famer dad, or better yet, the grossly overrated guy from Ohio State, who is a combine freak but seemingly disappears on film. We'll beef up the defense and ignore our offense that stinks more than a hot summer day on Staten Island. We'll all drink coronas and Miller Lites and revel in another sub par year of offensive mundanity.:)

Cheerio!!!

Fine, I'll aquiesce. Let's pick the squeaky clean big white guy with the NFL Hall of Famer dad, or better yet, the grossly overrated guy from Ohio State, who is a combine freak but seemingly disappears on film. We'll beef up the defense and ignore our offense that stinks more than a hot summer day on Staten Island. We'll all drink coronas and Miller Lites and revel in another sub par year of offensive mundanity.:)

Cheerio!!!

What does Chris Long's skin color have to do with anything?

Classy post.

Your man McFadden is not in the NFL yet. I can't recall any potential draft pick that has 3 paternity suits hanging over his head.

Archived