Mendenhall = Martin

drago

Probably not when it comes to durability, but this kid's aditude is outstanding. A lot of his attributes are just like that of Martin's; one cut and gets forward, good pass catcher, rarely takes a big hit, great in pass protection (which is tough coming out of college for a lot of RB's).

I was with a few of Tictac's friends that were pretty close with Rashard at Niles West and they said he was one of the quietest guys they knew, not only that but he never once took even a sip of alcohol. Apparently he never strayed from those characteristics in Champaign.

I don't think we need an RB this year, nor do i like first round RB's, but this guy is the next Joseph Addai. If we were going to take an RB i hope we can make a trade so we are in a position to take a shot at this guy...despite my view of RB's being a dime a dozen.

Probably not when it comes to durability, but this kid's aditude is outstanding. A lot of his attributes are just like that of Martin's; one cut and gets forward, good pass catcher, rarely takes a big hit, great in pass protection (which is tough coming out of college for a lot of RB's).

I was with a few of Tictac's friends that were pretty close with Rashard at Niles West and they said he was one of the quietest guys they knew, not only that but he never once took even a sip of alcohol. Apparently he never strayed from those characteristics in Champaign.

I don't think we need an RB this year, nor do i like first round RB's, but this guy is the next Joseph Addai. If we were going to take an RB i hope we can make a trade so we are in a position to take a shot at this guy...despite my view of RB's being a dime a dozen.

Yep

Who ever get this kid is going to get a bargain. IMO he is the 2nd RB in this draft.

I like Stewart a bit better because of his size.

Yep

Who ever get this kid is going to get a bargain. IMO he is the 2nd RB in this draft.

I like Stewart a bit better because of his size.

stewart should be an interesting player. His injuries have to be a major concern and i'm curious to see how far down he may slide. If he is there at 36, i see no reason to not take a shot at him. If you don't think he could be there look at what happened to Alan Branch last season...consensus top 5 pick slid to the second round. Stranger things have happened.

I could also see Mendenhall being the first RB off the board.

If Mendenhall can break tackles at the pro level then he's very different than Martin.

If Mendenhall can break tackles at the pro level then he's very different than Martin.

haha, good point. I guess my meaning is that he can be a backbone to an offense, always get positive yards and do the intangibles.

Just a great guy to have in the locker room.

Mendenhall reminds me a little of Cedric Benson coming out of college, I noticed that when watching more highlights of him.

Not saying he will be a bust like Benson but he really does remind me of him.

isn't benson a lot bigger? and a whiney bitch? :cool:

stewart should be an interesting player. His injuries have to be a major concern and i'm curious to see how far down he may slide. If he is there at 36, i see no reason to not take a shot at him. If you don't think he could be there look at what happened to Alan Branch last season...consensus top 5 pick slid to the second round. Stranger things have happened.

I could also see Mendenhall being the first RB off the board.

I'd bet money Stewart doesn't drop past 16. Theres no way the Jets get him in the second, the injury concerns are minor at best.

*shoots Drago for even comparing him to Curtis*

Archived