Disgusted by Jets

The Jets need to hire the next Belichick or someone close to it.

Sound management will turn any franchise around beginning with a Franchise QB.

Finding a player like Brady, Warner, Hasselbeck, Bulger, etc. takes more than sound management; it takes luck more than anything else. NE had more than one pick at the bottom of round 6 and Brady wasn't even the first prospect they grabbed at the bottom of that 2nd-last round.

If they had any idea he had this potential I'm sure they would have drafted him ahead of Antwan Harris (not to mention Jeff Marriott, Dave Stachelski and Greg Randall).

The one thing I will say that took big balls (in hindsight it seems like it was a no-brainer but it was heavily scrutinized at the time) was keeping Bledsoe - their franchise QB who they just gave a $103M contract to in March of that very off-season - on the bench after he was healthy. NE was winning, but it's not like Brady was ripping every team a new one every week. Bledsoe was healthy before Brady & the Pats went on that 8-1 finish to end the season.

But his presence on the team in the first place was dumb luck.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finding a player like Brady, Warner, Hasselbeck, Bulger, etc. takes more than sound management; it takes luck more than anything else. NE had more than one pick at the bottom of round 6 and Brady wasn't even the first prospect they grabbed at the bottom of that 2nd-last round.

If they had any idea he had this potential I'm sure they would have drafted him ahead of Antwan Harris (not to mention Jeff Marriott, Dave Stachelski and Greg Randall).

The one thing I will say that took big balls (in hindsight it seems like it was a no-brainer but it was heavily scrutinized at the time) was keeping Bledsoe - their franchise QB who they just gave a $103M contract to in March of that very off-season - on the bench after he was healthy. NE was winning, but it's not like Brady was ripping every team a new one every week. Bledsoe was healthy before Brady & the Pats went on that 8-1 finish to end the season.

How dare you question the Patriots. Belichek knew when Cindy's dad was ready to beat off in the shower that that ounce of sperm would create the greatest quaterback to ever have sex with men. He ran in the room and threw his wife under cindy's dad's pemal, thus injecting her with Queen Tom.

It was planned from the beginning. Deal with it.

The Jets need to hire the next Belichick or someone close to it.

Sound management will turn any franchise around beginning with a Franchise QB.

I am happy with Mangini who is only in his 3rd year as a HC. Bellicheat was 13-19 in his first two years as a HC and Mangini is 14-18 so far. BB had one winning season in his first 6 years as a HC which includes year 1 with the Pats and that winning season was with Cleveland (11-5) which was followed by a 5-11 season which lead to him being fired. To hell with that piece of crap.

don't get me wrong, this team is better than last year's. my frustration doesn't stem from this particular off-season. it stems from the fact that management and fans seems to believe that elite offensive talent is not worth the effort or cannot help the team. i'm not advocating grossly overpaying for someone but to suggest that we're in violation of some unspoken rule if we go after a superstar before every other puzzle piece is in place is short-sighted. teams are never perfect in the era of free agency. it's just more than a little pathetic that we've had zippo offensive superstars since namath and even his prime was short-lived and most of his legend revolves around one epic game.

What is it about human nature that makes us want to attack others on the Internet? Why do we get a visceral charge out of knowing that we made some stranger

Right on. Teams pretty much luck into a franchise QB.

I don't totally agree that ya need a franchise QB to win tho. Bill Cowher had some pretty crappy QB's during his tenure but we always were contenders.

I don't totally agree that ya need a franchise QB to win tho. Bill Cowher had some pretty crappy QB's during his tenure but we always were contenders.

Cowher & the Steelers may have contended but they didn't win the ultimate prize with Neil O'Donnell & Kordell Stewart at QB.

They finally won it all with Big Ben. You know I think he is a franchise QB.

I didn't say a team needed a franchise QB like a starving man needs food. But it's not too harmful for a team to find one of the best QB's to ever play, and find him in the late 6th round at that.

Let's say you have 2 teams that are (theoretically) of equally good talent at 21 positions. The only differences are that one has Tom Brady and a HC/OC who knows how to use him, and the other has a mediocre QB and a HC/OC with little to no imagination. Which one is likely to play in (and win) superbowls and which is likely to be an also-ran?

But if having a great franchise QB was all a team needed, I think the Dolphins might have some more superbowl rings. There would be superbowl champs with the names: Bills, Chargers, Saints, etc.

It isn't everything, but to assume the Patriots would have won as many superbowls (if any at all) with Bledsoe is a stretch.

Cowher & the Steelers may have contended but they didn't win the ultimate prize with Neil O'Donnell & Kordell Stewart at QB.

They finally won it all with Big Ben. You know I think he is a franchise QB.

well yeah but look at the Ravens and Bucs, they both won without so-called franchise QB's. A team really does have to luck into a franchise QB, but SB's can be won without em'. To be honest, i look at the Jets defense and on paper looks very formidable. Then ya look at their upgrades on the O-line and schedule, they can be contenders this year IMO. As a Pats fan, u think they closed the gap alot?

I didn't say a team needed a franchise QB like a starving man needs food. But it's not too harmful for a team to find one of the best QB's to ever play, and find him in the late 6th round at that.

Let's say you have 2 teams that are (theoretically) of equally good talent at 21 positions. The only differences are that one has Tom Brady and a HC/OC who knows how to use him, and the other has a mediocre QB and a HC/OC with little to no imagination. Which one is likely to play in (and win) superbowls and which is likely to be an also-ran?

But if having a great franchise QB was all a team needed, I think the Dolphins might have some more superbowl rings. There would be superbowl champs with the names: Bills, Chargers, Saints, etc.

It isn't everything, but to assume the Patriots would have won as many superbowls (if any at all) with Bledsoe is a stretch.

I think the pats could have won the SB vs the Rams with Bledsoe. I believe he played alot during the AFCC that year as well. Of course this depends on how well the tapings helped. LOL

Who is the last elite offensive talent we've had? c-mart the compiler? keyshawn the slow beanpole? let's face it, this team has a massive inferiority complex that has created a culture that resists getting top flight offensive talent. pathetic. this team is unwatchable.

Well I'm going to disagree here because in all honesty I would rather have a defense that has violence and mayhem on their minds then some state of the art offense.

When was the last time the Jets had a "Great Defense" ? The Sack Exchange really only lasted 3 years. You would have to go back to the Super Bowl team to find it.

The Jets have had very good if not great offensive weapons at times.

Walker

Shuler

McNeil

Caster

Toon

Chrebet

KJ

Martin

Rob Moore

And if you look at the QB's

Vinny

O'Brien

The problem is is that you can have all the offensive weapons in the world but it doesn't do you a world of good if you

1) Run up against a great defense

2) Do not control the line of scrimmage.

If the Jets are EVER going to win a Super Bowl Mangini has to build a defense that goes out and destroys people every week. Hopefully that process kicks in this year with the additions of guys like Gholston, Pace and Jenkins.

Offense sells tickets

Defense win championships

Yes but you never won anything until Big Ben came along.

Jets need a franchise QB a lot more than they do an offensive weapon. Which is why I wanted them to go after Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson.

calm down..

he is upset from a generic POV that the Jets have sucked, uh, forever..

U can complain generically and not have to say 'oh, we did some good things so far this year'..we need to see PROVEN results before we accept ANYTHING team does..

results,,

No sh*t Sherlock, my problem with him was his constant bitching, while he suggests no viable solutions, he refuses to acknowledge anyones points, and makes sh*t up so he can look like a martar.

I guess thats why he needs a lawyer, or are you his boyfriend? I hope he is paying you well. ;)

Yes but you never won anything until Big Ben came along.

Jets need a franchise QB a lot more than they do an offensive weapon. Which is why I wanted them to go after Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson.

And Ben was still not very good when they won, nor was Eli last season. The main thing both teams had in common that won a SB for both of them was a stout defense and a solid running game.

Seems most JETS fans are comfortable with inferiority or the "building for the future" mantra. I am not. And I agree they are becoming more and more unwatchable, however for some reason I find myself glued to the TV every sunday @ 1 or 4. I love them as horrible we are. We do need an offensive superstar though, thi team clearly has no face. We are like the Tampa Bay Rays of the NFL in more ways than one.

Originally Posted by Jade Green

Funny how the Pats fan likes you, and comends you for not bringing up his team got caught cheating.

What a freakin joke, thanks for making my day.

that's pretty funny.

That is comical. jgb has no love for the Pats.

Since when did you need a big name receiver to win it all? This is news to me. What you need to win it all is a strong defense, strong running attack and a Quarterback who will not make mistakes at stupid times and no that doesn't always mean a franchise one. Look at the Ravens, look at the Bucs, look at the '85 Bears, etc. You can find teams without franchsie QB's but who had great or good rushing attacks and defenses that win it all.

As someone said before, I believe it was shawn:

Offense may sell some more tickets BUT

Defense wins Championships

Did we all just not see that this past season in Glendale?

Brady was a compensatory pick. Little known fact.

BB told then QB coach Dick Rieben to go out and find a QB. Rieben reported back to BB that this Brady guy would be the next Montana. I dont know how he knew.

Brady had the pefect situation to acclimate to the NFL game when Bledsoe got hurt. Everyone thought NE's season was over with Bledsoe out. The pressure was really off and Brady was just filling in until Bledsoe was well enough to return.

Sound management will get you a franchise QB. BB put the scouting department together. Its been all his leadership from the get - go.

Like Hell.

Big Ben and Eli Manning were the top rated QB's in that draft.

yeah open wide ****sucker

Stay on course people. Johnny green balls wants to talk football.

Be civil with the conversation, please. I'm getting sick of deleting posts.

id love to talk football although im sick of reading this arguement about bitching?????

That would be impossible since it does not exist.

Is it really fun for you to constantly bitch and make things up?

I'm going to speak for jgb on this one:

I guess you like getting 10 wins every other year and then sucking arse in the playoffs.

Does that make you proud?

id love to talk football although im sick of reading this arguement about bitching?????

But you can't ignore the thread? you just can't control yourself?

You have to reply? no..you must reply! get it?

Ignore the thread.

I'm going to speak for jgb on this one:

I guess you like getting 10 wins every other year and then sucking arse in the playoffs.

Does that make you proud?

Please genius tell me how you come to this conclusion by anything I have posted?

Do you JGB and JM87 all share one brain?

How do you retards come to this conclusion, by me posting that bitching about it while offering no such viable suggestions, and being ignorant to every other point posted, then making up garbage after garbage is a piss poor way to show ones fustration.

Please genius tell me how you come to this conclusion by anything I have posted?

Do you JGB and JM87 all share one brain?

How do you retards come to this conclusion, by me posting that bitching about it while offering no such viable suggestions, and being ignorant to every other point posted, then making up garbage after garbage is a piss poor way to show ones fustration.

i just dont kno y its being drug out so long

Listen I dropped it yesterday you and now Gainzo, chimed in and got it going, so maybe you should ask yourself.

it seemed like a legit thread at first but u were gettin pretty combative and i couldnt see y

go through the pages its worse the further u go

Archived