Willie Randolph needs to go

Zeebers

Period.

This guy has no idea what he's doing and Billy Wagner just pretty much told you that he does not have much respect in that clubhouse.

After the meltdown last year and to start off the same way this year...

I really don't know what it is he brings to the table.

This team is very flawed in the hitting order and in the pitching staff-Randolph's choice of relievers in certain sitautions are most troubling to me.
I like Randolph as a Yankee fan.But how much of this is on Minaya allowing the inevitable pitching mess he invited by depending on Martinez and El Duque?

I like Randolph as a Yankee fan.But how much of this is on Minaya allowing the inevitable pitching mess he invited by depending on Martinez and El Duque?

If this continues Minaya has to take some of the blame also- he did not shore up the bullpen and the lineup has holes and age in it.

The Church trade is the one move that has been good this year.

If this continues Minaya has to take some of the blame also- he did not shore up the bullpen and the lineup has holes and age in it.

The Church trade is the one move that has been good this year.

I feel bad for Church and Santana.

I can't stand Sosa. Wasn't Mota the guy the Mets should have kept instead?

Wagner's a bitch.

Maybe, but he's right. There is a clear faction in the clubhouse, and its split on racial lines. Moises Alou and maybe Johan are the only hispanic players on that team who are a positive influence on the locker room. The rest don't care.

Maybe when the weather warms up (the latin players perform far better in warm weather), the bats start hitting, and the team starts winning, things will get better. Winning always makes a bad situation better.

(the latin players perform far better in warm weather
Yes, but those white guys, they get all worn down in August, being ice people and all, not being used to the sun. Sadly David Wright's Euro forbears kept out of the sun with their fair skin, while those of Jose Reyes were conditioned to long working hours under the tropical midday sky.

(I'm strictly having fun with this; take no offense).

LOL The Willie Randolph love affair is over LOL.

Maybe bring back Bobby Valentine.

There was never a Willie Randolph love affair. Most Mets fans would tell you it was a mistake from the beginning. The guy's a moron. Bobby V did a great job.

I feel bad for Church and Santana.

I can't stand Sosa. Wasn't Mota the guy the Mets should have kept instead?

Mota sucked. We traded him away for Johnny Estrada and then non-tendered Estrada.

We just gave him away.

Sosa was decent LY in long relief and spot starter. This year he sucked. We could have used Burgos this year, but he is injured.

and the only relief guy in the minors pitching well is Carlos Muniz. Tony Armas and Ruddy Lugo are pitching well as starters in AAA, but only Lugo is on the 40 man roster..

There was never a Willie Randolph love affair. Most Mets fans would tell you it was a mistake from the beginning. The guy's a moron. Bobby V did a great job.

I didnt like Willie from the start, but was told by fellow mets fans to give him time, he's still learning. Well, he is the same piece of crap that I saw in 2005. He sucks. He cant handle veterans. He cant handle young guys. nobody respects him. he is terrible with strategy.

Bobby V. sure he was good, but he ran his course in NY. It was time for him to go. His act grew old.

Next manager of the Mets---- Jerry Manuel. Bet on it.

oh by the way, Willie will be a coach on the NL all star team.

Hurdle has asked New York Mets manager Willie Randolph and San Diego Padres manager Bud Black to join him as the N.L. coaches. The Colorado coaching staff - pitching coach Bob Apodaca, hitting coach Alan ****rell, third base/infield coach Mike Gallego, first base coach Glenallen Hill, bullpen coach Rick Mathews and bench coach Jamie Quirk - will serve on the manager's staff.

Hope he lasts until then... it would be a shame if he is fired before then.

Mota sucked. We traded him away for Johnny Estrada and then non-tendered Estrada.

We just gave him away.

Sosa was decent LY in long relief and spot starter. This year he sucked. We could have used Burgos this year, but he is injured.

I hear ya, sizzle chest. ;)

Sosa, Mota, Pedro...

After a while it just becomes scrabble in my brain. Thanks for the clarification.

Granted but as a team they are just not hitting. Especially in the clutch. Look at Thurs. nite against the Nats , Pelfrey pitches 7 1/3 of 1 run , 3 hit ball and takes a loss? It's been like that all year.

Bobby V injected some fire into the Mets. I had thought they might have brought him back during the last managerial search.

Granted but as a team they are just not hitting. Especially in the clutch. Look at Thurs. nite against the Nats , Pelfrey pitches 7 1/3 of 1 run , 3 hit ball and takes a loss? It's been like that all year.

It's been that way for the Yankees as well. Chien-Ming Wang in his last two outings, one against Cleveland, 7 IP, 5 hits, 3 runs, and the Yankees scored 0 runs that game, and he lost, because the team can't hit. Wang's last start against Tampa, 7 IP, 7 hits, 1 run, he got the no decision, and the team ended up losing in Extra Innings. Neither of these teams are hitting, and the both of them are making average bums look like the best pitcher in the game.

It's been that way for the Yankees as well. Chien-Ming Wang in his last two outings, one against Cleveland, 7 IP, 5 hits, 3 runs, and the Yankees scored 0 runs that game, and he lost, because the team can't hit. Wang's last start against Tampa, 7 IP, 7 hits, 1 run, he got the no decision, and the team ended up losing in Extra Innings. Neither of these teams are hitting, and the both of them are making average bums look like the best pitcher in the game.

:yawn:

Archived