roger goodell is a hypocrite

OJDidIt

Please don't tell me you are buying into OJ's conspiracy theory stuff about Goodell only laying down the hammer on black players?

As much as I hate Goodell he can't do much about what colour the player is when said player gets arrested.

DUH!! but he obviously punishes "some people" who break the rules less harsher than others.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if he was racist. Most humans beings are racist to some degree. look at churches, neighborhoods, marriages. People tend to stick to their own race/ ethnic background. Nothing wrong with that, it is something everyone does.
That is called being selective, being racist is a little different.

I'm not, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if he was racist. Most humans beings are racist to some degree. look at churches, neighborhoods, marriages. People tend to stick to their own race/ ethnic background. Nothing wrong with that, it is something everyone does.

i hang out with non thug-turds because i can't understand mush-mouths like kobe.

I don't think he's a racist. As I said earlier, its not his fault that the vast majority of players he has suspended happened to be black.

Does anyone know the racial breakdown of NFL players? It has to be at least 70/30 with whites being in the minority.

Where did I compare him to an arrested player? I'm only referring to the fact that he's insane if he doesn't think the Pat's aren't getting preferential treatment. A player who is obviously taking HGH for a competitive edge received a shorter suspension then a coach taking it for his diabetes, it was the same investigation and the fines/suspensions where issued within 24 hours of each other. I guess Harrison got the benefit of the doubt though because of his sterling reputation. I think it's even crazier for the NFL to suggest which I feel they did through his punishment, that Wade Williams violation which isn't making him or his players better is somehow worse then what BB has been going for 8 years winning multiple SB's. I liked Goodell when he first came in and started to clean up the league, now I just think he's a hypocritical *******.

I was agreeing with you.

BZ

Where did I compare him to an arrested player? I'm only referring to the fact that he's insane if he doesn't think the Pat's aren't getting preferential treatment. A player who is obviously taking HGH for a competitive edge received a shorter suspension then a coach taking it for his diabetes, it was the same investigation and the fines/suspensions where issued within 24 hours of each other. I guess Harrison got the benefit of the doubt though because of his sterling reputation. I think it's even crazier for the NFL to suggest which I feel they did through his punishment, that Wade Williams violation which isn't making him or his players better is somehow worse then what BB has been going for 8 years winning multiple SB's. I liked Goodell when he first came in and started to clean up the league, now I just think he's a hypocritical *******.

So the biggest fine ever levied against an NFL team is preferential treatment?

Harrison got a 4 week suspension as did Merriman. Those are the rules laid out in the NFLPA's agreement with the NFL.

Same action, different label.
Not really, you may want to marry into your same race or religion, but that does not mean you hate anybody else.

A non racist person may plan on worshiping or marring one way but that does not mean they can't have a change of heart, a racist will not allow his heart to change, it's different.

Harrison got a 4 week suspension as did Merriman. Those are the rules laid out in the NFLPA's agreement with the NFL.

A $250K fine is absolute peanuts for an NFL team. The $500K fine against the cheater is also very minor considering what he makes, and that most likely fat ass Kraft will pay him back through bonuses.

The "punishment" handed out by that fraud Goodell doesn't even equate to a slap on the wrist IMO, more like a verbal warning.

A suspension of the cheater and taking away both 1st round draft picks would have made a statement and adequate punishment IMO. That way both the cheater and the team faces consequences for cheating

Yes, you traded a 31st overall pick and $750,000 for 8 years of cheating 3 superbowls and the extra revenue created from the teams success, not to mention you still had the 7th pick. So you do feel the QB coach taking HGH as a diabetic should rescieve a harsher punichment then A. Rodney Harrison who took HGH to gain a competative edge and B. a Coach who deliberately cheated his was to 3 SB's. 100,000 Dollars and a 5 game suspension for a QB coach is a lot harsher then a 500,000 dollar fine to Bill Belichik he likely didn't pay himself anyway and he wasn't suspended a single game. He oversaw 8 years of cheating, if you really think that he didn't get preferential treatment in not having to take a single game off you're an idiot.

A $250K fine is absolute peanuts for an NFL team. The $500K fine against the cheater is also very minor considering what he makes, and that most likely fat ass Kraft will pay him back through bonuses.

The "punishment" handed out by that fraud Goodell doesn't even equate to a slap on the wrist IMO, more like a verbal warning.

A suspension of the cheater and taking away both 1st round draft picks would have made a statement and adequate punishment IMO. That way both the cheater and the team faces consequences for cheating

Fat ass Kraft? Way to be impartial on the subject.

It wasn't the Pats fault that the 49ers sucked last season. Goodell took away the Pats draft pick, not the one they received in a trade.

Were the General Managers of the Broncos and 49ers suspended when those teams violated the salary cap?

Was Jim Mora Jr suspended for using a cell phone on the sidelines in clear violation of NFL rules?

Yes, you traded a 31st overall pick and $750,000 for 8 years of cheating 3 superbowls and the extra revenue created from the teams success, not to mention you still had the 7th pick. So you do feel the QB coach taking HGH as a diabetic should rescieve a harsher punichment then A. Rodney Harrison who took HGH to gain a competative edge and B. a Coach who deliberately cheated his was to 3 SB's. 100,000 Dollars and a 5 game suspension for a QB coach is a lot harsher then a 500,000 dollar fine to Bill Belichik he likely didn't pay himself anyway and he wasn't suspended a single game. He oversaw 8 years of cheating, if you really think that he didn't get preferential treatment in not having to take a single game off you're an idiot.

I don't agree with the punishment that Wade Wilson received.

I'm an idiot? Interesting.

BTW: Rodney Harrison isn't the only guy who has been suspended for taking HGH.

How is turning a blind eye to how others were punished way more harshly for breaking the conduct policy, than a snake coach breaking the rules and integrity of the game being impartial?

I'm going to be nice. Bill Belichick didn't break any laws. How hard is that to understand?

I'm going to be nice. Bill Belichick didn't break any laws. How hard is that to understand?
How hard is this to understand sherlock? The NFL does not make Laws they make rules and policies about breaking their rules.

All of the above mentioned in this thread broke NFL rules, either by breaking state or federal law or by **CHEATING!!!** the game for 8 years.

The punishments handed out by the league were not fair and balanced, Beliscum and the Cheatriots got off way too easy compaired to other punishments handed out for breaking NFL rules and Policy.

Anybody who does not understand this is either dumb and stupid or totally blind an biased, you may be all four.

He only illegally altered the outcome of games in a billion dollar industry

Let me guess. You are one of those people who think the Pats used the tape during the game?

A tape of signals that 70,000 people in the Stadium and millions more watching on TV could see?

I didn't realize that a videotape could make tackles, pick off passes, score touchdowns or kick field goals.

If it makes you sleep better at night thinking that a videotape is the reason for the Pats dominance then all the world to you.

Let me guess. You are one of those people who think the Pats used the tape during the game?

A tape of signals that 70,000 people in the Stadium and millions more watching on TV could see?

I didn't realize that a videotape could make tackles, pick off passes, score touchdowns or kick field goals.

If it makes you sleep better at night thinking that a videotape is the reason for the Pats dominance then all the world to you.

They can't make the tackle no, but they can tell a person where to stand so he has a better chance of making it. If you know the signal for a certain plan you can call the appropriate counter play. That is the truth if you don't see that, than you are blind or letting homerism over take your reason. This is bigger than the stupid Jets-Pats rivalry. Pats fans are the only ones being caught up with the rivalry when everyone else is talking about the integrity of the game. If this was the 49ers who did this, you pats fans would be leading the Crucifying march.

Fat ass Kraft? Way to be impartial on the subject.

It wasn't the Pats fault that the 49ers sucked last season. Goodell took away the Pats draft pick, not the one they received in a trade.

Were the General Managers of the Broncos and 49ers suspended when those teams violated the salary cap?

Was Jim Mora Jr suspended for using a cell phone on the sidelines in clear violation of NFL rules?

I don't equate going over the salary cap as cheating. There are many rules that are broken each year that don't deserve suspensions. When a coach complains about the officiating in a game, he is fined but not suspended. A player throws a ball into the stands and is fined not suspended.

If I recall correctly, both teams lost draft pick(s) and were fined. Also, both teams were in cap hell for years and weren't able to sign FA's and couldn't re-sign their own. IMO the punishment was appropriate here.

I don't know many of the facts sorrounding the Mora example. If it could be proven that his cell phone use was directly invoved in cheating, then he definitely should have been suspended. I would assume that cheating wasn't involved so a fine and no suspension is appropriate.

As far as the 49ers draft pick is concerned, no it wasn't the cheaters fault that they sucked. However, it was my position that both draft picks should have been taken away, so the niners performance would be moot. At the very least as 124 pointed out, he could have stipulated that the better pick of the two would be taken away.

You're comparing apples to oranges in your examples. Lets look at Harrison. Why was he suspended? Because he was using illegal performance enhancing drugs that gave him a competitive advantage over everyone else (in other words he was cheating). Thus he was suspended for 4 games. Why was Pacman Jones suspended? Because he adversely affected the image of the leauge. Belicheat both cheated and adversely affected the image of the league and was not suspended. That's what I have a mahjor problem with. It's obvious to everyone outside of the Cheaters world that punishment did not fit the crime, and Goodell is a hypocrite and a fraud.

I don't equate going over the salary cap as cheating.

That says it all. The Broncos were able to keep Terrell Davis and John Elway because they paid them under the table in clear violation of NFL rules.

If the Broncos didn't break those rules they would not have been able to win the Super Bowl....twice.

They deferred payments to their two best offensive players and you don't care?

They didn't go over the cap. They flat out cheated. Where is your outrage?

No I think they waisted time filming non divisional opponents that they knew they wouldn't see again for years because it was a wise use of their time, because successful NFL coaches waist a lot of time doing things that serve no purpose, and whether or not they used the game tape in the same game doesn't change the fact that they knew what was coming around 75% of the time when they saw the team again.

I guess you know more then Steve Young considering a couple days ago he said after being asked how effective it would be to know where the defense was coming from “The game would be over. If I knew what was coming, that’s the whole game.” I guess I'll take the word of a bias Boston fan, over an impartial HOF QB.

ok seriously, if you know what play the offense is going to run 75% of the time ur at that much of an advantage...if ever played football that would come naturally to u

That says it all. The Broncos were able to keep Terrell Davis and John Elway because they paid them under the table in clear violation of NFL rules.

If the Broncos didn't break those rules they would not have been able to win the Super Bowl....twice.

Your point about the Broncos is moot on a thread called "Rodger Goodell is a hypocrit"

ok seriously, if you know what play the offense is going to run 75% of the time ur at that much of an advantage...if ever played football that would come naturally to u

75% of the time. I see you are buying into every thing Matt Walsh said.

Believe what you want. I give up.

75% of the time. I see you are buying into every thing Matt Walsh said.

Believe what you want. I give up.

hey man whatever the % its the principle..cheating is cheating...am i right?

Seriously? I have said many times that the Pats cheated.

They taped the other teams signals. If you believe that the taping of signals is the reason the Pats have been successful then I feel bad for you.

I don't profess to remember all of the facts or the rules in place at the time, but I don't remember it that way. I thought it was more of not accounting for the contract values correctly with all the complex cap rules at the time, rather than a deliberate act that caused them to be over the cap. Thus I wasn't considering this as cheating. As I said, I don't remember all of the facts in this case so I could be wrong.

Taking you at your word that the facts are that this was deliberate cheating at the hands of the GM's - then absolutely they should have been suspended. Tagliajerk (who was also a buffoon IMO) should have come down hard on the GM's and the teams themselves. I'll take it a step further and say that the GM's should have been fired for their actions (if Kraft had any character and integrity he would have fired Belicheat).

That being said, 2 wrongs don't make a right. You seem to be inferring that just because John Smith didn't get suspended, then Belicheat shouldn't and I'm not buying that. Try that excuse on a judge and see what happens.

The topic of this thread is that Goodell is a hypocrite, and that is what I'm supporting. I'm looking at Goodell's body of work and not using examples from many years ago. He was not in charge at the time of the cap example, so I'm looking at Harrison and Pacman as examples. Goodell came in saying he would be tough and clean up the league. Well if that's the case, he should have suspended the cheater for at least 4 games as he did with Harrison, or up to as long as Pacman has been suspended considering he also damaged the image and integrity of the league. Otherwise, he should never have suspended the players and fined them instead. Thus that's why I agree that he's a hypocrite and definitely not as tough as he said he was going to be.

i think u may be right :bag:

Of course it is. Look, you sit here and wonder how a mediocre team like the Pat's with a 7th round QB dominate the way they did off and on for almost a decade. They win 3 out 4 SB's and none of those games are blowouts. The 1st half and 2nd half in each game are two totally different games.

I mean, c'mon. You always suspected it, and now that you have some proof, bingo.

Thousands if not millions of people who watch NFL games and the SB each year are now saying "well yeah, that explains it".

It's a joke.

What's Goodell gonna do? There's nothing he can do, but sweep it under the rug and hope it just goes away. Bellichik is a fraud. And this idea that "everybody does it" is laughable. OK, so everybody cheats? Well thats even a bigger reason to turn it off. Even if I was to believe "everybody cheats" well obviously Bill does it better.

I'll stick around for another year or so because I would like to see the Jets at least get in the SB again but I'm jaded at this point. Leaning towards the NHL and even going back to the NBA. Been watching and alot of the things that were bothering me for the past 4 or 5 seasons, especially the drafting of HS kids, well, those kids are grown up now and playing solid B-ball.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. C'est le vie.

Exactly. This is what the Cheaters fans can't grasp (or more likely won't admit to). I look at it this way: If I'm taking a test, and I cheat on one question I don't know the answer to, then my test is a fraud and I deserve to fail it. It doesn't matter if I knew the answers to all of the other questions; the fact that I cheated on the one question makes all of the rest moot. If I'm caught cheating, I get an instant "F". The proctors don't care if I cheated on one question or all - instant failing grade. That's all that matters.

Seriously? I have said many times that the Pats cheated.

They taped the other teams signals. If you believe that the taping of signals is the reason the Pats have been successful then I feel bad for you.

You say they cheated, but you try to quantify it. I don't think anyone here is saying that's the only reason the cheaters have been successful. The fact is we will never know the extent of the damage the cheating caused. However, it did give them an advantage and the fact that many games can be won and lost on only a few plays can lead a unbiased person to conclude that some games were won by cheating. At any rate, the fact that the cheating has been going on for years certainly taints their accomplishments.

The fact remains, the NE franchise is forever stained. Has Kraft been hoodwinked in the same way as Arthur Blank? Haha, I wish Patrtiots fans luck on that one. Anyway, it's enough for me in this day and age that Belichick exposed HIMSELF. The fact that Rooney (Steelers) publicly said it ain't no big deal enforces that the product is the point. I get that. Organized religion does it best, and it's like any institution protecting its own. And that's OK. Just admit you're protecting it.

The main comfort is, this will follow Belichick in much the same way it follows Barry Bonds. Asterisks can be a beloved thing. Kiss, kiss.

Archived