roger goodell is a hypocrite

OJDidIt

All this 'tough talk' of 'discipline' from this fraud Goodell is a joke. Oh sure if a young urban youth gets busted for some ridiculous disorderly conduct offense it is treated like he is jack the ripper.

But an admitted SERIAL adulterer and cheat Bill Belichick gets a slap on the wrist and is not suspended for a single game.

What a joke. What a fraud. What a disgrace to the nfl.

Goodell is going to ruin this sport.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rl:

haha. i am glad you find institutionalized racism funny.

Go hang out with the other pats fans on your serial adultering coach's team's message board.

Just think. You guys were under 3 minutes away from a perfect season. Now your just another also-ran. haha.

haha. i am glad you find institutionalized racism funny.

Go hang out with the other pats fans on your serial adultering coach's team's message board.

Just think. You guys were under 3 minutes away from a perfect season. Now your just another also-ran. haha.

:rl::rl:

All this 'tough talk' of 'discipline' from this fraud Goodell is a joke. Oh sure if a young urban youth gets busted for some ridiculous disorderly conduct offense it is treated like he is jack the ripper.

But an admitted SERIAL adulterer and cheat Bill Belichick gets a slap on the wrist and is not suspended for a single game.

Can you please let me know what law Belichick broke? I can't seem to recall him being arrested and charged with a crime.

Can you please let me know what law Belichick broke? I can't seem to recall him being arrested and charged with a crime.

I think he broke the law of human decency. Also some interstate laws were broken with his fed ex'ing of 40 grand. Just not sure where that falls exactly.

Pacman Jones has been arrested more than 10 times and Chris Henry is just a flat out moron whose been arrested almost as much, with worse crimes. What they got was right. Goodell should've suspended Belichick for at least a game and should've also taken away New England's highest draft pick, 7th overall.

Why did he get the treatment he did? Because he's Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots.

This isn't a race thing, but it is a success / image thing. People are going to care if Belichick is suspended. If this was happening with San Fran and Mike Nolan, I guarentee you Nolan is suspended a game. Guarentee you.

Pacman Jones has been arrested more than 10 times and Chris Henry is just a flat out moron whose been arrested almost as much, with worse crimes. What they got was right. Goodell should've suspended Belichick for at least a game and should've also taken away New England's highest draft pick, 7th overall.

Why did he get the treatment he did? Because he's Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots.

This isn't a race thing, but it is a success / image thing. People are going to care if Belichick is suspended. If this was happening with San Fran and Mike Nolan, I guarentee you Nolan is suspended a game. Guarentee you.

If this stuff happened with Mike Nolan and the 49ers no one would give a crap. Guaranteed.

You gotta be joking, right?

Not at all. This would have been over with by October if it happened to the 49ers.

People hate BB, the Pats and Pats fans. This story has been going on for 9 months. Thats insane.

Not at all. This would have been over with by October if it happened to the 49ers.

People hate BB, the Pats and Pats fans. This story has been going on for 9 months. Thats insane.

No, people hate BB/Pats because they cheated and lied about what they were cheating. Then you have a lame excuses after excuse. Also people hate Goodell because he basically took the cheaters for their word, destroyed evidence and then try to sweep it under the rug. If you can't see that , which obviously you can't, then I don't know what to tell ya. Please don't make it seem like the Pats and BB are 'victims', because you won't get sympathy here on a JETS board. Its insane to you because its your team, and you had 'success' however fans of the game that watch their teams lose every year to those cheaters get hosed and wonder why everyone can't do it like the "Patriot way". Now we know why.

I agree, yet look at all the hype that surrounded McFadden about all his "kids" when he's technically still a child....being irresponsible. Bill is an adult and he's doing all this **** and not getting penalized for it. You see how the NFL management is?

Thats why I didnt like talking about dudes personal life...like it effected how he played the game. Things that Bill did effected tremendously how the Pats played that game and how evenly the game was as well. Also, alot of these situations that owners, coaches and sadly fans bring up about these players are so stupid, yet we have a man who broke the rules of the constitution and by-laws of this League and NOTHING is done about it.

This sounds exactly like some president that I know (i'll leave it alone).

Goodell handled this situation horribly. Why he destroyed the tapes I will never understand.

Comparing BB to players that get arrested doesn't make sense. BB broke an NFL rule.

He didn't "make it rain" at a Strip Club in Vegas and then pound some strippers head into the stage.

If this stuff happened with Mike Nolan and the 49ers no one would give a crap. Guaranteed.

Goodell had no problem suspending the Cowboys QB coach last year for taking "banned substances" because he has been a diabetic for 20 years and it improved his quality of life. His suspension was 5 weeks, how long was Rodney Harrison's? The suspensions came out at the same time.

You tell me what's more deserving of a suspension. A diabetic who's taking a substance for his own quality of life, which has no effect on the outcome of a game. Or a coach who's been directly altering the course of the NFL, a billion dollar industry over the last 8 years because he "misinterpreted" the rules.

It's probably the QB coach.

Goodell had no problem suspending the Cowboys QB coach last year for taking "banned substances" because he has been a diabetic for 20 years and it improved his quality of life. His suspension was 5 weeks, how long was Rodney Harrison's? The suspensions came out at the same time.

You tell me what's more deserving of a suspension. A diabetic who's taking a substance for his own quality of life, which has no effect on the outcome of a game. Or a coach who's been directly altering the course of the NFL, a billion dollar industry over the last 8 years because he "misinterpreted" the rules.

It's probably the QB coach.

Comparing arrested players to a head coach who broke a NFL rule is big stretch, but not what he is saying above.

That was the true problem with BB's punishment, it didn't match the similar fines and suspensions handed out to COACHES.

BZ

Comparing arrested players to a head coach who broke a NFL rule is big stretch, but not what he is saying above.

That was the true problem with BB's punishment, it didn't match the similar fines and suspensions handed out to COACHES.

BZ

I disagree. Goodell has not differentiated between coaches and players when it comes to the nfl's 'image' to the fans. There is a not-so-veiled racial message here and it is becoming increasingly obvious.

Goodell has doled out harsh punishments for the young urban kids who may present a bad 'image' for fans by being a few percentage points over the DUI limit or for the horrible crime of 'disorderly conduct'....but a slap in the wrist for an adultering cheater who harmed the integrity of the super bowl of all things.

It's a disgrace.

BZ

Where did I compare him to an arrested player? I'm only referring to the fact that he's insane if he doesn't think the Pat's aren't getting preferential treatment. A player who is obviously taking HGH for a competitive edge received a shorter suspension then a coach taking it for his diabetes, it was the same investigation and the fines/suspensions where issued within 24 hours of each other. I guess Harrison got the benefit of the doubt though because of his sterling reputation. I think it's even crazier for the NFL to suggest which I feel they did through his punishment, that Wade Williams violation which isn't making him or his players better is somehow worse then what BB has been going for 8 years winning multiple SB's. I liked Goodell when he first came in and started to clean up the league, now I just think he's a hypocritical *******.

I disagree. Goodell has not differentiated between coaches and players when it comes to the nfl's 'image' to the fans. There is a not-so-veiled racial message here and it is becoming increasingly obvious.

Goodell has doled out harsh punishments for the young urban kids who may present a bad 'image' for fans by being a few percentage points over the DUI limit or for the horrible crime of 'disorderly conduct'....but a slap in the wrist for an adultering cheater who harmed the integrity of the super bowl of all things.

It's a disgrace.

This isn't a racial issue. Did Justin Miller get suspended last year for slapping that woman?

If a player gets repeatedly arrested or gets arrested for a serious crime then they will be suspended.

If it happened to Mike Noan he would have likely been fired, with ownership claiming they did not want to blemish their storied history with a cheating coach. But then again, Nolan's hypotheical cheating didn't bring them SB rings ala Bellidick.

If he is, he has the perfect job.

Please don't tell me you are buying into OJ's conspiracy theory stuff about Goodell only laying down the hammer on black players?

As much as I hate Goodell he can't do much about what colour the player is when said player gets arrested.

Please don't tell me you are buying into OJ's conspiracy theory stuff about Goodell only laying down the hammer on black players?

As much as I hate Goodell he can't do much about what colour the player is when said player gets arrested.

I'm not, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if he was racist. Most humans beings are racist to some degree. look at churches, neighborhoods, marriages. People tend to stick to their own race/ ethnic background. Nothing wrong with that, it is something everyone does.

Archived