I smell 10

SouthernJet

Unless Clemens comes around and shows us that he can play, 7 wins is what this team is

I agree but many here have already annoited him as the next Joe Namath.After all he went 3-5 last year.Any football expert can see Clemens has all the tools to be the next Joe Montana...........yada yada yada.Been there done that and SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING IT.

Show me some results.

Six - eight tops. This team is better, but not that much better.

hmmm..

now i am a tad worried,,John is usually spot on with his thoughts..

damn,,

John, maybe some of that old fashioned Karma will get us to 10 ;)

Six - eight tops. This team is better, but not that much better.

I disagree, I think it will be that much better. We've improved in so many different areas and turned many of our weaknesses into strengths (NT and LG especially). I'm very excited about what The Jets can achieve this season.

I agree but many here have already annoited him as the next Joe Namath.After all he went 3-5 last year.Any football expert can see Clemens has all the tools to be the next Joe Montana...........yada yada yada.Been there done that and SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING IT.

Show me some results.

Agree he has a lot of growing to do but the 3-5 record was not the problem. Two games were lost because of passes dropped by Brad smith and Butterfingers McCariens. He also played behind a horrible line with no time, protection or running game. Lastly, Coles played about 10 plays in those 8 games. Cotchery missed one game with a broken hand and played two others with a big cast. Didn't he drp a key pass late in a gamer that could have set up a tying field goal? The cast was the problem.

You make good points on Clemons. Never heard any Namath comparisons. He has to learn to recognize blitzes and coverages, improve his pocket presence and not force the passes into coverage. Will better protection, a good running game ans a a receivers like Coles, Cotchery, Keller, Baker and Stuckey make a difference? They should. Give him a chance behind an NFL quality line with some weapons before you write him off. This is a Jet page. We're supposed to give our young players a chance.

I'm thinking 10-11 wins regardless of who is at QB.

I hope you're right. I really think if the d plays like it should then we will be around the 8-10 mark in wins. I know it's just camp, but ratliff is really impressing me. Wouldn't it be funny if he was the next farve or brady.

Archived