MNF schedule

stoicsentry

How the hell did Cleveland get 3 MNF games this year?

Week 6 vs. Giants

Week 11 at Buffalo

Week 15 at Philly

And when was the last time the Jets got a home MNF game?

Maybe because they went 10-6 last year and only missed the playoffs because Tony Dungy & the Colts basically let the Titans win the last game so that the Titans could squeak into the playoffs?

Also keep in mind that with the construction of the new Stadium both the Jets and Giants requested no home MNF games last season.

How the hell did Cleveland get 3 MNF games this year?

Week 6 vs. Giants

Week 11 at Buffalo

Week 15 at Philly

And when was the last time the Jets got a home MNF game?

Cleveland is exciting to watch.They have a good young QB a true #1 WR and TE who makes things happen.Add to it a an up and coming DEFENSE and you have MNF material.

Maybe because they went 10-6 last year and only missed the playoffs because Tony Dungy & the Colts basically let the Titans win the last game so that the Titans could squeak into the playoffs?

No one deserves 3 MNF games in a year, but even if they do, it wouldn't be Cleveland.

Also keep in mind that with the construction of the new Stadium both the Jets and Giants requested no home MNF games last season.

Does that mean that they'll have an extra MNFer at home in the new Stadium?

Cleveland is exciting to watch.They have a good young QB a true #1 WR and TE who makes things happen.Add to it a an up and coming DEFENSE and you have MNF material.

Load up the Enola Gay. Just watch Derek Anderson tank big time this year. Put it in the book: A-Bomb level. No way Cleveland deserves three MNF games. Are they joking or simply hoping Romeo goes ballistic?

No one deserves 3 MNF games in a year, but even if they do, it wouldn't be Cleveland.

Does that mean that they'll have an extra MNFer at home in the new Stadium?

MNF is nothing like it used to be. Sunday Night Football has taken over.

I hate to be harsh but the Jets have been on a roller coaster ride since 2002.

2002: 9-7 (AFCE Champs)

2003: 6-10

2004: 10-6

2005: 4-12

2006: 10-6

2007: 4-12

If I was a network executive I would not have a lot of faith in scheduling the Jets for a primetime game or two.

The Browns had 4 losing seasons in a row before they went 10-6 last season. They have a rabid fanbase and an exciting offense. Thats why they are on MNF 3 times this year.

If I was a network executive I would not have a lot of faith in scheduling the Jets for a primetime game or two.

The Browns had 4 losing seasons in a row before they went 10-6 last season. They have a rabid fanbase and an exciting offense. Thats why they are on MNF 3 times this year.

Easy. Just know to give us our MNF games the year after we suck. It's a proven formula, the Jets are consistent with their little pattern. Hopefully, this means a good 2008 season.

That's a stretch...an up and coming team, who are the "sexy" pick this year

Jacksonville is going to be the team in the AFC to beat

I agree, I think the Jags will be a pretty scary outfit this season and wouldn't be at all surprised to see them take the division from the Colts. That being said, they really should have brought in better WR's than Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson in the off-season, that's something they may regret later.

There's no way I'd pick Cleveland over Jax, NE, Indy or San Diego for the AFC this season.

I appreciate that. I'm not complaining about the Jets MNF schedule, I would just like a home MNF game. Just 1, sometime soon.

And OK, maybe give the Pats 3 MNF games, or the Colts, or even the Cowboys or Giants. But Cleveland? Are you kidding me?

I would, just in even numbered years:)

I appreciate that. I'm not complaining about the Jets MNF schedule, I would just like a home MNF game. Just 1, sometime soon.

And OK, maybe give the Pats 3 MNF games, or the Colts, or even the Cowboys or Giants. But Cleveland? Are you kidding me?

It was explained earlier, w/ the construction of the new Stadium the Jets and Giants requested no prime time games at home. The Giants had little choice w/ the Thursday Night Season Opener but they didn't get a MN home game either.

I hate SN and MN home games, the games don't end until around 11:30-12:30 and then you have to fight traffic to get home. If we get prime time games I prefer them to be on the road.

hate to burst your bubble but those are both 'sexy' picks for 08. Losing Henderson and Stroud might do them in, I didn't watch them much last year but those two seemed to be a pretty big part of their tough defense(at least a few years ago).

I don't understand the love for Jacksonville.

Their defense is good, but it isn't anything special. They have zero pass rush and are going to be relying on two rookies to create something in that area. Their secondary is weak and they're relying on Drayton Florence to be a shutdown #2 Cornerback. Its good, but it isn't great.

Their running attack is nice, but one usual season for Fred Taylor (meaning, filled with injuries) and Maurcice Jones-Drew has to carry the load. Good luck with that. Oh, and they still have nobody at receiver.

Thats all well and good can work out for them for an 11-5 or 12-4 regular season, but once the playoffs come they can't win with the style of play they have unless their defense steps up and allows 10-14 points a game. If it weren't for Garrard's run last season, they don't leave Pittsburgh.

We'll see.

As for Cleveland, they're the team most people want to see. They're high flying throwing the ball over the field. They were 10-6 last season and improved with additions such as Donte Stallworth, Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams. A lot of NFL fans want to see offense, not ball control 17 points a game and strong defense. Unfortunately, this is the case.

I wouldn't say that. The Browns filled their weaknesses this year and are ready to win it all.

I wouldn't say that. The Browns filled their weaknesses this year and are ready to win it all.

Until the Patriots and Colts are actually defeated, I find it funny that people actually expect other teams such as Jacksonville, Cleveland or San Diego to win the conference. Seriously guys? Until its done, I won't believe it. New England and Indianapolis have owned the AFC since 2001, minus a few hiccups. Both teams are as strong as ever entering 2008.

Archived