No more Pacman? Jones wants to drop nickname

Brenjetsfan

I don't think it's that. I think he just wants to make a complete change and the nickname is part of it. Now, he might be just saying that so that he can get on the field faster and make some money, but who knows. I know our very own Lavernous Coles doesn't go by his nickname from college. Some of you might remember it. Trouble.

Adam Jones is a much better player than Marcus Trufant.

If by better player you mean better punt returner then yeah I would agree. If we talking coverage, there are probably 20 corners I would take before Jones even crossed my mind.

If by better player you mean better punt returner then yeah I would agree. If we talking coverage, there are probably 20 corners I would take before Jones even crossed my mind.

Right now at this minute, I'll take Trufant only because of Adam's problems.

Jones is a much better overall player than he is.

Say what you want but Adam Jones is a Top 5 CB in this league.

No he's not. He may be one of the most talented but he gives up far too many big plays to be even considered elite. Very good corners such as Newman and Trufant may not make as many big plays but will not give up nearly as many.

I'd rather have the CB not giving up big plays, regardless.

You're missing the best CB in the league from that list.

I know your talking about Revis.

Pac Man gave up big plays? Yes he did. Was he the only one? No

You gotta understand CB and QB are the toughest positions to play in the NFL. It's bound to happen but Adam Jones is a much more complete player than people think.

The best CB in the NFL right now is Namdi Asomugha of the Oakland Raiders. Over the last two seasons he has been much, much better than Champ Bailey who IMO is one of the most overated players in the game. Bailey's still an elite CB, but people make him out as some shutdown machine who cannot be beaten, which he simply is not.

Asomugha is a great Cornerback and the closest thing there is to a Shutdown Corner in the NFL today.

Revis may become an elite CB someday but it is far too early yet in his career.

Pac Man gave up big plays? Yes he did. Was he the only one? No

You gotta understand CB and QB are the toughest positions to play in the NFL. It's bound to happen but Adam Jones is a much more complete player than people think.

First off Adam Jones hasn't played the game for a while so we need to wait and see if he has maintained his abilities which TBH I'm sure he has. The problem I have with the likes of Pacman and Cromartie is that they will give up as many if not more plays than they actually make. It's just that they make so many big plays and appear on ESPN highlight reels so much that people get led to believe that they are the best there is.

I'm not saying there are any shutdown CB's in the NFL. There is no such thing. Everyone gives up big plays once in a while, some more than others though.

The best CB in the NFL right now is Namdi Asomugha of the Oakland Raiders. Over the last two seasons he has been much, much better than Champ Bailey who IMO is one of the most overated players in the game. Bailey's still an elite CB, but people make him out as some shutdown machine who cannot be beaten, which he simply is not.

Asomugha is a great Cornerback and the closest thing there is to a Shutdown Corner in the NFL today.

Revis may become an elite CB someday but it is far too early yet in his career.

If you think Asomugha is better than Antonio Cromartie than you haven't been watching him play.

Say what you want but Adam Jones is a Top 5 CB in this league.

Are you on drugs? In his two NFL seasons, what the hell did he prove to you on the defensive side of the ball? Ghost, I'm beginning to think you are a closet Tennessee Titans fan. :bag:

Champ Bailey

Nnamdi Asomougha

Chris McAlister

Asante Samuel

Antonio Cromartie

Rashean Mathis

Terence Newman

Marcus Trufant

Al Harris

Charles Woodson

Darrelle Revis

Ronde Barber

Lito Sheppard

Nate Clements

Terence McGee

Dunta Robinson

Just to name a few better than Pacman. :rl:

If you think Asomugha is better than Antonio Cromartie than you haven't been watching him play.

Yes I have and becuase you say that I'm willing to bet you haven't watched Asomugha play much if at all. He's unbelievable. Cromartie though could be a great CB, he's still very young and is a tremendous playmaker. Like Pacman though he gives up a lot of big plays. Something Asomugha does not.

Are you on drugs? In his two NFL seasons, what the hell did he prove to you on the defensive side of the ball? Ghost, I'm beginning to think you are a closet Tennessee Titans fan. :bag:

Champ Bailey

Nnamdi Asomougha

Chris McAlister

Asante Samuel

Antonio Cromartie

Rashean Mathis

Terence Newman

Marcus Trufant

Al Harris

Charles Woodson

Darrelle Revis

Ronde Barber

Lito Sheppard

Nate Clements

Terence McGee

Dunta Robinson

Just to name a few better than Pacman. :rl:

I hated the Titans since they have us Justin McCariens. Lol

But look up top and the ones that are bold and bold only are the ones that I'll take over Pac-Man now.

Don't forget about contracts, when Jones signed with the Cowboys he didn't get any gauranteed money.

Yes I have and because you say that I'm willing to bet you haven't watched Asomugha play much if at all. He's unbelievable. Cromartie though could be a great CB, he's still very young and is a tremendous playmaker. Like Pacman though he gives up a lot of big plays. Something Asomugha does not.

Asomugha is a great CB but saying he's better than Cromartie who intercepted Manning 3 times and ran back a 108 FG miss is idiotic. It can go either way but right now If I had to start a franchise I'd pick Cromartie easily.

Don't forget about contracts, when Jones signed with the Cowboys he didn't get any gauranteed money.

What does that have to do with the fact that all of those players are head and shoulder above Jones?

What does that have to do with the fact that all of those players are head and shoulder above Jones?

I hate you, you know what I meant. I know Adam Jones has a bad rep but on the field he plays his heart out, I rather have Adam Jones and his contract than Nate Clements and his unbelieveable contract.

Archived