Huizenga: Economy affecting ticket sales

Gainzo

Honestly the economy down here does suck, however it has to do with them losing and Huizenga constantly raising the prices especially when it comes to parking, and you don't even park in a parking lot just a dirt lot. Went last year for a couple of games and people were feed up and pissed. I love it!

if ticket sales suck, drop the prices dummy.

Waaa.. fans dont come to games. waaa.

Huizenga said he has heard from team employees that sales are slow, but hasn't seen any official figures regarding Dolphins' ticket sales.

Isnt he the owner? Wouldnt he want to know how off sales are if he's going to be in an article about slow ticket sales...

if ticket sales suck, drop the prices dummy.

Waaa.. fans dont come to games. waaa.

Huizenga said he has heard from team employees that sales are slow, but hasn't seen any official figures regarding Dolphins' ticket sales.

Isnt he the owner? Wouldnt he want to know how off sales are if he's going to be in an article about slow ticket sales...

Those ticket prices are pretty damn cheap IMO. Nose bleeds for $31 and $42? The highest price is $105. Very reasonable.

they are not cheap if they dont sell.

I'm not sure what you mean. The Dolphins are begging people to buy season tickets. Look at this http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/tickets/tickets_season.asp

By purchasing 2008 Season Tickets you will receive the following benefits and more:

* Guaranteed same seat location for all Miami Dolphins home games at Dolphin Stadium

* Savings of $100 per seat off of the individual game price ($10 per game savings)

* Opportunity to purchase a Season Ticket Holder parking pass for all 10 home games

* Ability to access

The Pats and Giants and Jets can charge us through the nose because there are enough people to buy tickets.

Obviously not that many people want to go to Dolphin games, so you need to lower the price to the level that fans will sell out the place.

And if that price leads to no profits, move the team to a market that will support the team.

Supply and demand. Sure the prices seem reasonable to us, but not for that market. They arent reasonable prices if people dont buy.

None of what you listed is really going to get someone to get off their ass and buy season tickets.

Maybe I should just move to FLA and become a Dolfag fan.

The Pats and Giants and Jets can charge us through the nose because there are enough people to buy tickets.

Obviously not that many people want to go to Dolphin games, so you need to lower the price to the level that fans will sell out the place.

And if that price leads to no profits, move the team to a market that will support the team.

Supply and demand. Sure the prices seem reasonable to us, but not for that market. They arent reasonable prices if people dont buy.

None of what you listed is really going to get someone to get off their ass and buy season tickets.

Maybe I should just move to FLA and become a Dolfag fan.

There are plenty of people who live within 50 miles of Miami that can easily afford season tickets for the Dolphins. The economy sucks everywhere.

I started this thread to point out the apathy of Dolphins "fans" in South Florida.

There are plenty of people who live within 50 miles of Miami that can easily afford season tickets for the Dolphins. The economy sucks everywhere.

I started this thread to point out the apathy of Dolphins "fans" in South Florida.

sure there are people who can afford it but choose not to go. If you arent crazy about football you arent paying 50-100 bucks to go to a game. Heck, 35 bucks is a lot of money.

I know there is a lot of apathy towards pro sports in FLA. but if you want the fan to attend, you have to give them a reason.

If Wayne wants a full stadium, he has to lower his prices to get non-die hard fans to go to games and not cry the economy is hurting him. He is a businessman, he has to adjust to the demand for his product.

I still think they need to move that team if they cant sell out at those prices.... LA here we come!

Give me a break Wayne.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/06/23/a2c_nflru_0624.html

BTW: Here are the ticket prices for the Dolphins.

ticketprices4.jpg

the lazy douchebags in florida need to learn how to make more money, lolsc.

Seriously though, that old bastard has some set of wrinkled balls to sit there with a straight face and blame the economy for his woes at the ticket counter instead of looking in the mirror at the crap 1-15 product he put on the field.

so does having a team owned by a buffoon. a guy who asks reporters how to run a football team.

I would rather sell 100 tickets for 25 bucks that sell 50 tickets for 35 bucks. Lower the price to sell more, as long as your overhead is covered.

;)

Oh man.

The economy is the reason the Dolphins suddenly stopped selling out their home games to those loyal, active fans down there. At least there will be plenty of seats available to Jets fans for our game down there. It was always impossible to get a seat unless you wanted to sit in a single, away from your friends, and pay $500/seat on stubhub. Any Miami game was always the 2nd hardest game to get into after the superbowl. What a change.

Damn economy. Making it look like Miami fans don't go to NFL games. Well it always gets better eventually & the stadium will go back to their capacity crowds of Dolphins fans in no time.

Archived