Official Yanks/Sox July 4th Weekend thread

Matt39

By the way, the guy I am saying Michael Kay is better than is the guy with no concept of Insurance Runs. I still can't believe what he said in that one game, really how the hell does he have a job? He needs to go back writing his idiotic columns in the paper that no one reads, and spew his idiotic bull****, because he's obviously too dumb to be announcing for a team.

Since I didnt hear his call and dont know exactly what happened and dont care, i cant comment on that,

but the mets should dump him because he screwed up on a strategy play once?

I can forgive a guy screwing up once... Every broadcaster screws up, even gods Kay and Sterling. I'm sure they never made any mistakes...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why should I say something about the mets broadcasters? I wasnt comparing them to the Yankee broadcasters. I made a comment about how I found it funny yankee fans were criticizing an announcer...

I dont know why Yankee fans have to make everything Yankees/Mets. Cant I make a comment that doesnt lead to some stupid comparison? Or is that all you know how to do.

Unlike you I know how to look at things objectively and can comment on a broad range of topics and try not to allow my biases to cloud my judgement.

but to satisfy you:

I havent watched too many mets games with the current broadcasters.. I mostly listen to the games.

I will say this: I dont like Keith Hernandez. He would be cool to sit at a bar and watch a game, but he isnt very good in the booth.

The radio guys are very good. They paint a mental picture of whats going on. Make it enjoyable to sit and listen to whats going on.

McCarver is knowledgeable. He just surrounds it with too much crap so his insights get smothered by his ass-hat-ness. And as I said, he's changed in the years since he left the mets. He was a great broadcaster with the mets, now he's just annoying.

And Jerry Remy sucks worse than all NY broadcasters. And Don Orsillo is a sean mcdonough knockoff.

Thats kind of funny, Yankee fans making it a Yankees/Mets conversation. I don't know for sure, but the Mets fans I know always claim that they're better then the Yankees, every single season, they end up sucking, missing the playoffs, choking last year, and choking against St. Louis as well, when they had a great chance to be the team of New York, because the Yankees were already out.

As far as I'm concerned, I never have my mind on how the Mets are doing, the only time I have my mind on them is when the Yankees are playing them. I honestly wouldn't mind watching another Subway Series, would be fun to see again.

Since you haven't watched many Mets broadcasts, then you don't really know what I'm talking about with that one guy. All I know is that he's the main announcer, so it isn't Hernandez.

I used to hate Joe Buck, and I called him the reason that I always lowered the volume when the Yankees had a game on Fox, hell whenever I watch a game on Fox I end up lowering the volume. Now, I realized that Buck wasn't the problem, especially after todays broadcast. You claim McCarver really knows his baseball, but if you heard todays broadcast you should, and would think otherwise. The both announcers are very dumb, but if I had a choice to listen to either one, I would choose Buck, even though the sound of his voice is very annoying.

Since I didnt hear his call and dont know exactly what happened and dont care, i cant comment on that,

but the mets should dump him because he screwed up on a strategy play once?

I can forgive a guy screwing up once... Every broadcaster screws up, even gods Kay and Sterling. I'm sure they never made any mistakes...

It's not the fact that he messed up, it's the fact that when he messes up, he doesn't see the point in correcting his stupidity. When Kay, or Sterling make mistakes they correct themselves. I was waiting for this clown to correct himself, but it just turned out he was just stupid, and has no concept of the game.

Thats kind of funny, Yankee fans making it a Yankees/Mets conversation. I don't know for sure, but the Mets fans I know always claim that they're better then the Yankees, every single season, they end up sucking, missing the playoffs, choking last year, and choking against St. Louis as well, when they had a great chance to be the team of New York, because the Yankees were already out.

As far as I'm concerned, I never have my mind on how the Mets are doing, the only time I have my mind on them is when the Yankees are playing them. I honestly wouldn't mind watching another Subway Series, would be fun to see again.

Since you haven't watched many Mets broadcasts, then you don't really know what I'm talking about with that one guy. All I know is that he's the main announcer, so it isn't Hernandez.

I used to hate Joe Buck, and I called him the reason that I always lowered the volume when the Yankees had a game on Fox, hell whenever I watch a game on Fox I end up lowering the volume. Now, I realized that Buck wasn't the problem, especially after todays broadcast. You claim McCarver really knows his baseball, but if you heard todays broadcast you should, and would think otherwise. The both announcers are very dumb, but if I had a choice to listen to either one, I would choose Buck, even though the sound of his voice is very annoying.

You were the one who made it yankees/mets. Not me. I dont care what other mets fans do. They are a bunch of jealous little babies- they act like jets fans. But, like most Yankee fans you allow other mets asshats to cloud a discussion. By now you should realize Im not a typical sore loser, be jealous of the yankees type of fan... maybe someday.

Buck is a dummy. He knows sh!t about baseball or football. One reason why McCarver became an insufferable dooshie is because Buck was such an idiot when Fox started. Buck let him run the show. Unfortuantely I was on my way back from NY and didnt see the game... but usually mccarver is a bigger jackoff in the BOS-NY series than other games...

Im sure if I heard the comment by the genius mets broadcaster my panties would be in a bunch since i am a strategy guy... but i didnt.

Anyway, Im done... i just had to vent after listening to Kay during yesterdays game.

This Bud's for you!

Tim McCarver is easily the worst announcer in all of sports.

Knowledgeable? hahaha Every time the Yankees play on fox i have to mute it several times during the game because I can't listen to that moron yammer on and on. I swear to god, every time it looks like the Yankees might lose he declares the end of the world for the Yankees and how they will never recover from that game. He said it today too.

McCarver = worst announcer in all of sports

Tim McCarver is easily the worst announcer in all of sports.

Knowledgeable? hahaha Every time the Yankees play on fox i have to mute it several times during the game because I can't listen to that moron yammer on and on. I swear to god, every time it looks like the Yankees might lose he declares the end of the world for the Yankees and how they will never recover from that game. He said it today too.

McCarver = worst announcer in all of sports

I personally hate both McCarver, and Buck, but McCarver really pissed me off today. I had to mute it, and it's not like I went to listen to Sterling on the radio instead.

Honestly, I just want no more Yankees games on Fox. The station is horrible. Having to listen to McCarver, and Buck is similar to someone scratching their nails on a chalk board.

I hate Yankees games on TBS, and ESPN as well, but it's hard to believe, those 2 stations are nowhere near as bad as Harry, and Lloyd on Fox.

I personally hate both McCarver, and Buck, but McCarver really pissed me off today. I had to mute it, and it's not like I went to listen to Sterling on the radio instead.

Honestly, I just want no more Yankees games on Fox. The station is horrible. Having to listen to McCarver, and Buck is similar to someone scratching their nails on a chalk board.

I hate Yankees games on TBS, and ESPN as well, but it's hard to believe, those 2 stations are nowhere near as bad as Harry, and Lloyd on Fox.

To claim that McCarver has no knowledge is ignorant to the man himself and the player that he was, and his history in announcing.

McCarver, in his playing days was acclaimed as one of the more cerebral players in the game. He was Carlton's personal caddy, because he allowed Carlton to focus on pitching, rather than having to over think situations. This from Carltonb, who was one of the most aloof figures in sport.

McCarver really changed the way announcers called games. Starting with the Phillies and then on to teh Mets, he was unusual in that he took the fans into the game, like no one else was doing, or had done.

Rather than just call the game, he let you know what certain situations called for, first guessing if you want. That is certainly a much more difficult situation than second guessing which is easy and all too common.

McCarver was also not a "homer" and would lay criticism down when he felt it warranted. Also something that is unusual.

Unfortunately, McCarver did also develop a smugness. And that has greatly hurt his ability to objectively call a game in teh last 15 years or so.

But, to have some of the younger fans on this site question his insight into baseball is just plain ignorant.

Seems to be an epidemic of youth.

Excellent job by Moose yesterday. Pedroia really made a mistake in the first inning. Masterson pitched his way out of a number of jams, keeping the Sox in the game.

I'm really hating the corpse of Varitek.

That umpire was all over the place.

McCarver is terrible. Joe Buck has one annoying voice. But I don't think any of them are near Michael Kay in terms of suckness. He has no knowledge of the game, despite what some have said, and repeats the same, dumb 8 things he knows EVERY TIME THEY HAPPEN (i.e. "NEVER make the FIRST OR THIRD out at THIRD BASE!!!!"). When the Yankees are on YES, I mute it and listen to music throughout the game. That's when you know you're bad.

McCarver is terrible. Joe Buck has one annoying voice. But I don't think any of them are near Michael Kay in terms of suckness. He has no knowledge of the game, despite what some have said, and repeats the same, dumb 8 things he knows EVERY TIME THEY HAPPEN (i.e. "NEVER make the FIRST OR THIRD out at THIRD BASE!!!!"). When the Yankees are on YES, I mute it and listen to music throughout the game. That's when you know you're bad.

You may not like his style or substance, but for some kids on this site to question his knowledge is just plain ignorant.

You may not like his style or substance, but for some kids on this site to question his knowledge is just plain ignorant.

Michael Kay? Or McCarver? I think I'd be the last person to question McCarver's knowledge, considering that he was an All-Star catcher who played for 15 years...

Michael Kay? Or McCarver? I think I'd be the last person to question McCarver's knowledge, considering that he was an All-Star catcher who played for 15 years...

McCarver. I don't listen to Kay either, unless I am sticking glass in my eye.

JCB questioned McCarvers knowledge.

McCarvers career spanned 21 years.

Famous baseball trivia is that McCarver is one of a handful of players whose career spanned 4 different decades-1959-1980.

Big freaking deal. Why don't you make Julio Franco an announcer too under that criteria. McCarver is a jibberish machine. Buck has become the same way. I'm not sure what got into him since his dad passed away, but his takes are becoming more and more disturbing.

To claim that McCarver has no knowledge is ignorant to the man himself and the player that he was, and his history in announcing.

McCarver, in his playing days was acclaimed as one of the more cerebral players in the game. He was Carlton's personal caddy, because he allowed Carlton to focus on pitching, rather than having to over think situations. This from Carltonb, who was one of the most aloof figures in sport.

McCarver really changed the way announcers called games. Starting with the Phillies and then on to teh Mets, he was unusual in that he took the fans into the game, like no one else was doing, or had done.

Rather than just call the game, he let you know what certain situations called for, first guessing if you want. That is certainly a much more difficult situation than second guessing which is easy and all too common.

McCarver was also not a "homer" and would lay criticism down when he felt it warranted. Also something that is unusual.

Unfortunately, McCarver did also develop a smugness. And that has greatly hurt his ability to objectively call a game in teh last 15 years or so.

But, to have some of the younger fans on this site question his insight into baseball is just plain ignorant.

Seems to be an epidemic of youth.

Playing the game doesn't improve your knowledge of the game. He's still a moron who shouldn't have a career announcing games.

I guess since McCarver has played before, every person who has played before would make a good announcer. LBS himself, did say Keith Hernandez is a moron on the mic. Same pretty much goes for McCarver as well.

Playing the game doesn't improve your knowledge of the game. He's still a moron who shouldn't have a career announcing games.

I guess since McCarver has played before, every person who has played before would make a good announcer. LBS himself, did say Keith Hernandez is a moron on the mic. Same pretty much goes for McCarver as well.

Well, between reading your posts on baseball, and listening to McCarver, I have pretty much made up my mind who the moron is.

In a landslide.

No one EVER said just because you play the game, you deserve to announce. I DID say that McCarver was thought of as one of the more cerebral players.

Of course, you offer nothing to contradict that.

I did say that his announcing with the Phillies and Mets was groundbreaking. You, of course never heard those. And, of course, you can't dissuade from that argument other than to change what was said.

Pitiful.

Well, between reading your posts on baseball, and listening to McCarver, I have pretty much made up my mind who the moron is.

In a landslide.

No one EVER said just because you play the game, you deserve to announce. I DID say that McCarver was thought of as one of the more cerebral players.

Of course, you offer nothing to contradict that.

I did say that his announcing with the Phillies and Mets was groundbreaking. You, of course never heard those. And, of course, you can't dissuade from that argument other than to change what was said.

Pitiful.

lol

dude, why are you even in this conversation, just do me a favor, and go away. I am sorry that you Mess fans have some sort of fetish with this guy, but you just have to face the facts that McCarver is retarded.

lol

dude, why are you even in this conversation, just do me a favor, and go away. I am sorry that you Mess fans have some sort of fetish with this guy, but you just have to face the facts that McCarver is retarded.

if all i ever heard him on was a national broadcast, I would agree.

Since I heard him prior to this, he is one of the best baseball minds there is. Too bad he's an asshat now. He really was good and not so much Capt. Obvious he is now.

Its easy to take the McCarver sucks side. Heck, something you and Gainzo have in common!

We dont have a fetish for him, we realize he has knowledge while others refuse to see it yet allow Kay, STerling and Goodness gracious to stay in the booth with no complaint.

lol

All you do is call names without offering any analysis.

The sure sign of someone who is in over his head in a debate.

JCB: Can you please explain to me why you dislike opinions from other people? I dont get it. Is it all because we are Mets fans? I just dont get it. Its pretty immature.

One thing about a message board is the discussion of ideas. It would be boring around here if only my opinion was the right one.

All you do is call names without offering any analysis.

The sure sign of someone who is in over his head in a debate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't you that started insulting me? Yeah, that was you. Where exactly have I insulted you? McCarver is a guy who needs to be insulted, and I've heard him while he announced for Mess games, and I know he wasn't such an asshat when he was announcing those Mess games, but he is now, and that's all that matters.

if all i ever heard him on was a national broadcast, I would agree.

Since I heard him prior to this, he is one of the best baseball minds there is. Too bad he's an asshat now. He really was good and not so much Capt. Obvious he is now.

Its easy to take the McCarver sucks side. Heck, something you and Gainzo have in common!

We dont have a fetish for him, we realize he has knowledge while others refuse to see it yet allow Kay, STerling and Goodness gracious to stay in the booth with no complaint.

It's amazing what working for a big program like Fox does to your ego.

Jetmoses, you're only proving my point of having a fetish for McCarver.

A person who can't master a language should not critique others who make a living speaking.

A fetish should not be described as a use for a person. A fetish applies to adoration for OBJECTS.

I would really like to know WHEN you listened to McCarver as a Mets announcer, since you are younger than 20.

A person who can't master a language should not critique others who make a living speaking.

A fetish should not be described as a use for a person. A fetish applies to adoration for OBJECTS.

I would really like to know WHEN you listened to McCarver as a Mets announcer, since you are younger than 20.

I'm just going to ignore the fact that you insulted me, since it seems when I insult you, you end up wetting yourself, but of course it's ok when you insult someone. Dude, you need to grow up.

Anyway, on the McCarver as a Met announcer question. Ever hear of the Classic games on SNY, and plus the fact that my uncle is a Mets fans, and he has old games of Mets games and a couple with him announcing the game.

I'm just going to ignore the fact that you insulted me, since it seems when I insult you, you end up wetting yourself, but of course it's ok when you insult someone. Dude, you need to grow up.

Anyway, on the McCarver as a Met announcer question. Ever hear of the Classic games on SNY, and plus the fact that my uncle is a Mets fans, and he has old games of Mets games and a couple with him announcing the game.

Fa fa...

PHOOEY!

A fact about your inadequacy using the English language is only insulting to your point.

Wow, you have heard McCarver on a "couple" of games as a Met announcer. Real basis to form an opinion. What did he say and do wrong in those "couple" of games?

I don't mind McCarver at all. I grew up hearing him do the Mets games and Rizzuto do the Yankees games so I'm partial to both of them.

That being said I agree with you on Buck, he is brutal. Can't stand the guy.

As for Jetmoses lay off him, he's a sensitive guy and he just had a bad break-up with his boyfriend.

Archived