Official Yanks/Sox July 4th Weekend thread

Matt39

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARod played very well tonight, GREAT two innings from Mo and a clutch at bad from Gardner. All I was thinking to myself was "Please, PLEASE don't screw this up so Derek can have a chance". Well, scratch that. Great hit. It was nice to beat Papelbon for once and we had to have had this game. Could not have left this series losing the series and seriously thought about any chance of catching Boston.

Now we have to try to find a way to sweep the Rays in the short series come Tuesday.

ARod played very well tonight, GREAT two innings from Mo and a clutch at bad from Gardner. All I was thinking to myself was "Please, PLEASE don't screw this up so Derek can have a chance". Well, scratch that. Great hit. It was nice to beat Papelbon for once and we had to have had this game. Could not have left this series losing the series and seriously thought about any chance of catching Boston.

Now we have to try to find a way to sweep the Rays in the short series come Tuesday.

The Yankees have done pretty damn well against Papelbon according to his standards.

Not to mention another good outing by Joba.

The Yankees have done pretty damn well against Papelbon according to his standards.

And the Sox have done pretty well against Mariano according to his standards.

Both teams are very good, and evenly matched.

Not to mention another good outing by Joba.

That too. Aside from the 5th, Joba pitched very well. He should've threw the fastball to Ellsbury though. Not saying he would've struck him out or gotten him out, but you have to go with your best pitch in that situation with the hottest hitter in the league on deck.

And the Sox have done pretty well against Mariano according to his standards.

Both teams are very good, and evenly matched.

Don't be so nice, Thor. The Red Sox have downright destroyed Rivera since 2004.

anyways, nice at bat from the rookie, Gardner. Last rookie to get a walk off for the Yankees, was Derek Jeter.

You may not like his style or substance, but for some kids on this site to question his knowledge is just plain ignorant.

I don't really care if he was considered a smart player 40 years ago. He has become absolutely unlistenable as an announcer. I have heard him say more dumb things than I can count. I have been forced to listen to him him bloviate on Fox for several years now and the guy sounds utterly clueless.

And FWIW my father shares the exact same opinion, and he is pushing 50 so spare me the bs about kids not knowing the past.

I don't really care if he was considered a smart player 40 years ago. He has become absolutely unlistenable as an announcer. I have heard him say more dumb things than I can count. I have been forced to listen to him him bloviate on Fox for several years now and the guy sounds utterly clueless.

And FWIW my father shares the exact same opinion, and he is pushing 50 so spare me the bs about kids not knowing the past.

They're just ignorant Mason, they just hate it when we end up knowing more about the game then they do. Just the fact that your father has the same exact opinion that we do, proves that McCarver is an idiot, and the posters defending the idiot do have some kind of love affair for him.

I think McCarver is a good announcer, he's much better than Joe Morgan and that fat bald guy I can't stand. Phil Rizzuto in his prime (the 70's for me) was one of the best announcers out there. he lost it when he started playing abbott and costello with Bill White in the 80's.

Ok, now why are we discussing announcers in a weekend game thread? it's kind of odd.

Joe Morgan pisses me off. He acts like he could still suit up and play better than the guys on the field.

Hey, Morgan, the Big Red Machine was NOT the greatest dynasty ever, and it's been over for 30 ****ing years. Deal with it.

Oh, yeah, McCarver sucks, too. Complete assclown.

I think McCarver is a good announcer, he's much better than Joe Morgan and that fat bald guy I can't stand. Phil Rizzuto in his prime (the 70's for me) was one of the best announcers out there. he lost it when he started playing abbott and costello with Bill White in the 80's.

Ok, now why are we discussing announcers in a weekend game thread? it's kind of odd.

I just got reminded today why I hate the ESPN Announcers. Joe Morgan can't announce a game to safe his life. I thought he was a great ball player, but announcing just isn't his thing. Plus the fact they have an old guy named Peter, who should be working for NESN, not ESPN.

Yeah, I love listening to Rizzuto announce games on the Yankee Classics.

I just got reminded today why I hate the ESPN Announcers. Joe Morgan can't announce a game to safe his life. I thought he was a great ball player, but announcing just isn't his thing. Plus the fact they have an old guy named Peter, who should be working for NESN, not ESPN.

Yeah, I love listening to Rizzuto announce games on the Yankee Classics.

Hey, isn't that Peter guy on my 20 dollar bill ??

They're just ignorant Mason

Typical Gen X response. No ability to make a logical argument or think critically, so accuse the other guy of being ignorant. Everybody gets a trophy!

This thread is hilarious

:rl:

How could it not be? You have Mason Jet, JCB92387, Peter North all riding the Gen X short bus to school. The only one missing is 80, I guess his mother kept him home with a tummy ache. And JonEJet is the busdriver, wearing a skipper hat like that one Jetman67 wears. All aboard!

As for Jetmoses lay off him, he's a sensitive guy and he just had a bad break-up with his boyfriend.

Sure Peter Pan, tell us again how you couldn't find a job in the NYC metropolitan area after getting a bachelor degree from Hofstra so you joined the Army.

:happy0071:

JCB, you have made so many 180 degree turns in this thread, that a GPS system could not drive you back to the original point we were discussing, which you have completely lost sight of.

Let me illustrate it to you like you are a 17 year old:

-You claim that McCarver was "Dumb" and "Didn't know anything about baseball" Your words. I know, greater prose has never been written, but it is what we have.

-I countered that with McCarver was known as a cerebral player in his many years in the game, and actually changed the way color analysts approach broadcasts and dissected the happenings of the game. He took the viewers into the game.

-You countered with that "many players have played a long time".

How that relates to a cerebral player who knows the game inside out from a catchers position, to John Doe who palyed theh game for a long time, I don't know. But it is the only argumnet you offered. Pretty weak comparison.

-You said McCarver "sucks". That is known as an "opinion". You imply other people claiming McCarver is an "assclown" validates your opinion. No, that is just other people's opinion. Ask Bob how many people can be wrong in the same opinion in an election. He will offer legions upon that.

-So we are now left between determining the basis of you saying that McCarver lacks baseball knowledge. I told you I saw his work with the Phillies and the Mets in the 70's and 80's and asked you how you could critique work you had never seen.

-You stated you saw "a couple of games" on SNY Classic and when you and your uncle play "let's be nostalgic"

-Ok JCB, pony up and put your money where your mouth is-What did McCarver say in those "couple of games" that you saw that lended credence to your opinion that he doesn't know baseball?

Pony up tough guy.

There you go, Mess fans. Bob has seen many baseball games, and has probably seen many games of McCarver announcing the Mess. Whats your next excuse? They just can't take it that McCarver is an idiot.

Its called we disagree. There is no right or wrong. You hate him. I dont.

What I dont get is why you cant accept people can have a different opinion than you.

By the way, nice job Yanks.

Those were 2 huge victories. Could have gone either way. Now you just need to continue the momentum into the break. And hope Tampa starts struggling.

But congrats on salvaging this series, could have been a disaster.

It certainly would have been a disaster if Mo blew that game on Saturday. You'd have wall-to-wall Yankee haters on this thread declaring the Yankees season to be over.

It certainly would have been a disaster if Mo blew that game on Saturday. You'd have wall-to-wall Yankee haters on this thread declaring the Yankees season to be over.

Instead, we have wall to wall Yankee homers suggesting that Red Sox fans ingest feces.

It's funny, this forum was pretty dead after the first two games.

I never said Papelbum and Youkilis ingest feces, I said they drink semen.

Big difference.

Once again, you prove that reading is not your strong suit. Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't have a strong suit.

Archived