who wins the NFC South?

Blackout

The Panthers could be a force if Delhomme can get and stay 100%, Jonathan Stewart will have a big time impact IMO.

The Saints will need Sedrick Ellis to have a big time immediate impact because that D has been shocking over the last 2 years. They also cannot start the way they did last season, they need to get going right form the get go.

I don't rate the Bucs too highly heading into this season, they are so old all over and I think it will eventually catch up to them.

The Falcons are in complete rebuilding mode, doubt they'll win 5 games this year.

How are you so confident about the Jets off-season moves but not the Raiders? DeAngello Hall and Gibril Wilson join an already impressive defense. I don't think the Raiders are in the class of "first pick candidates." Their defense is too damn good.

As for winning the NFC South, I go with Carolina. Jake Delhomme is healthy again and is a decent quarterback when healthy. Steve Smith will have a bigger year with Muhammed and Hackett to alieveate some of the coverage Smith commands. Jonathan Stewart is my pick for rookie of the year running behind a very good offensive line with Jordan Gross and the new tackle, Jeff Otah.

On defense, Peppers will be much better, Jon Beason is a monster, and the secondary will play better now that it's healthy.

DeAngelo Hall is the most overated player in the league. He makes plays but he gives up that many more. Nnamdi Asomugha opposite him is not only a much better all round player but IMO the best CB in the league. Yes, even over Roland.

Gibril Wilson is a decent safety but nothing more IMO. All of the players in the Giants secondary were made to look better with their D-line and pass rush.

How are you so confident about the Jets off-season moves but not the Raiders? DeAngello Hall and Gibril Wilson join an already impressive defense. I don't think the Raiders are in the class of "first pick candidates." Their defense is too damn good.

As for winning the NFC South, I go with Carolina. Jake Delhomme is healthy again and is a decent quarterback when healthy. Steve Smith will have a bigger year with Muhammed and Hackett to alieveate some of the coverage Smith commands. Jonathan Stewart is my pick for rookie of the year running behind a very good offensive line with Jordan Gross and the new tackle, Jeff Otah.

On defense, Peppers will be much better, Jon Beason is a monster, and the secondary will play better now that it's healthy.

Impressive defense? I know the Dolphins suck, but you impress awfully easily. The Raiders were 26 in points allowed and 22 in yards allowed, 31st against the run.

simple, they're the RAIDERS.

look at their 300 pound QB

DeAngelo Hall is the most overated player in the league. He makes plays but he gives up that many more. Nnamdi Asomugha opposite him is not only a much better all round player but IMO the best CB in the league. Yes, even over Roland.

Gibril Wilson is a decent safety but nothing more IMO. All of the players in the Giants secondary were made to look better with their D-line and pass rush.

I thought you were going to say Asomugha isn't much better and I was about to tear you a new one. ;) Asomugha is in fact the best corner in football and with him and Gibril Wilson in the mix, Hall will be able to get away with making his big gambles.

Wilson is a tremendous tackler and isn't bad in coverage. I would say he's a lot better than decent.

Impressive defense? I know the Dolphins suck, but you impress awfully easily. The Raiders were 26 in points allowed and 22 in yards allowed, 31st against the run.

Last year was an aberration. I wish they had taken Dorsey so I could call them a great defense but that's their only weakness is in the middle with Tommy Kelly and Gerrard Warren.

Derrick Burgess is a damn fine DE, Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison are as good as any duo of linebackers in the NFL, and the secondary is pretty outstanding.

They'll be top 10 this year.

You think Vilma and Ellis aren't going to help? Please!

Especially now they have Shockey. Saints and Cowboys are my favorites out of the NFC.

One linebacker won't patch up one of the NFL's worst secondaries and a rookie defensive tackle won't make them dominant vs. the run, not yet any way.

the panthers are perrenial underachievers. they will find a way to go 8-8.

In 2003 they went to the Super Bowl and 2005 they advanced to the NFC Championship. That's hardly underachieving. They went 7-9 with a combination of a 43 year old quarterback and an undrafted rookie, as well as no running game whatsoever. Enter Mushin Muhammed, DJ Hackett, Jeff Otah and Jonathan Steward along with a healthy Delhomme, and you have a 9 win squad minimum.

One linebacker won't patch up one of the NFL's worst secondaries and a rookie defensive tackle won't make them dominant vs. the run, not yet any way.

Some NT's can make a major impact right away and I'm guessing you never watched Vilma perform on the right scheme.

Some NT's can make a major impact right away and I'm guessing you never watched Vilma perform on the right scheme.

I watched Vilma perform in the right scheme, and at his very best he was merely very good. Vilma would be lucky to have Zach Thomas' career. Or rather, we would have been lucky if Vilma had Zach Thomas' career.

Zach Thomas & all of his Dolphins buddies can suck my rectum clean for all I care, but the guy was a great, great player.

The Saints look really good on paper. I like their offense and defense.

Brees to Shockey, with Colston, Henderson and Bush in the mix. Good protection and a great 1-2 punch in the running game.

The defense will be decent enough to keep them in games, but I see them as being another pass-happy team that racks up big points.

IIRC you said that Sedrick Ellis was going to flat out suck in the NFL.

That's good memory, but I did say that. Am I going to be right? Maybe, maybe not. The addition of Vilma is still the best thing that ever happened to the Saints, this guy is going to tear it up, especially in the NFC.

I watched Vilma perform in the right scheme, and at his very best he was merely very good. Vilma would be lucky to have Zach Thomas' career. Or rather, we would have been lucky if Vilma had Zach Thomas' career.

Zach Thomas & all of his Dolphins buddies can suck my rectum clean for all I care, but the guy was a great, great player.

Vilma dominated in the 4-3, especially his rookie season. Zach Thomas on the other hand is a fantastic player, Vilma cannot be compared to him yet.

IIRC you said that Sedrick Ellis was going to flat out suck in the NFL.

i was hoping we'd take ellis, assuming gholston was off the board, i did not want to see him land on the pats.

It looks like the jets are making out with a good draft if only because the pats took Mayo. :rl:

Archived