Eric Parker cut

flgreen

Chargers released WR Eric Parker.

Assuming Parker is healthy (he dealt with a calf injury all offseason), he shouldn't have trouble finding work. Parker is only 29, can play special teams, and caught 57 passes as recently as 2006. The Browns are most likely to show interest, but Oakland, Miami, Dallas, and Baltimore may also pursue him. from: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Agreed., I was hoping we'd give up a 6th for him. Now that there would be no compensation at all I say we grab him now!

He is going to be pursued by a bunch of teams. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

and who knows if we'll ever be able to depend on Chansi-I say get this kid

of course you don'tknow if we can depend on chansi but at some point we need to give the rookies a chance. Can't keep collecting guys with talent and let them rot on the bench like they did to cotchery.

of course you don'tknow if we can depend on chansi but at some point we need to give the rookies a chance. Can't keep collecting guys with talent and let them rot on the bench like they did to cotchery.

two words Matt...Juan Wong...we NEED to re-sign the legend, the inimitable...Juan Wong

He was due to make $1.85M this year. If we were looking to bring in other players at WR I'd rather have had DJ Hackett for the 2-yr/$3.5M contract ($750K of it SB) that he got from Carolina.

Parker's familiarity with Schott's system is a real help SE he's also supposed to be a great lockerroom and practice guy presence

It doesn't appear that he did. Our offense is nothing like they ran when he was there. Their offense was good. Ours seems predicated on dumpoff passes, runs up the middle with the RB 7 yards back, and punting.

yea good point there-maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Chargers at least had QB's who could throw down the field-when your quarterback is Chad Pennington you are seriously limited to game-planning only 10 yards ahead at all times

Archived