Training Camp Report Afternoon Session

lawngnome o-line

Brian Clark

Training Camp Report

Afternoon Practice 7/24/08

This practice was a bit more entertaining for the fans, compared to the morning practice. The bleachers were 80% full to watch the Jets conduct their evening practice

This is a general layout of the first two squads

Starters:

QB Clemens

RB Jones

WR Coles

WR Cotchery

TE Franks

TE Keller

RT Woody

RG Moore

C Mangold

LG Kendall

LT Ferguson

2nd Line

QB Pennington

RB Washington

WR Stuckey

WR Smith

FB Richardson

TE Pociask

RT Hunter

RG Turner

C Montgomery

LG Bender

LT Oldenburg

Drills conducted were:

Special team blocking assignments

Individual unit drills

QB passing drills (with receivers)

Agility drills for D-line

11 v 11 offense vs defense full contact

Punt Return

Last seconds drill

Clemens and Pennington had a better practice and connect multiple times on underneath routes. Pennington hit Coles deep over Revis for a 35 yd TD. Clemens hit Clowney on a nice comeback route down the sideline. Ratliff had another strong practice, and hit Paul Raymond another long pass, as Raymond although undersized continued to impress. Ainge has a decent arm, but nothing special, but needs to work on his footwork.

Leon Washington is by far the MVP of the day breaking free many plays on offense today. On two separate occasions he juked Kassell out of his cleats, and on many others he ran right passed players. He definitely looks great coming out of the offseason. Jones looks fit, but did not impressed besides one play where he basically took a convoy of lineman on a screen that went for a 75 yard td.

For the WR

now the thread is closed after I call them out for not linking...

how soon until I get banned over there?

The thread should be deleted, but now the proverbial carrot is out of the bag. they'll leave it locked. hopefully it will drop like a missile with all the other garbage on their first page.

The thread should be deleted, but now the proverbial carrot is out of the bag. they'll leave it locked. hopefully it will drop like a missile with all the other garbage on their first page.

they moved it to the garbage dump or whatever they call it...

they locked it as I was trying to edit my post to tell them they're ass hats for not saying its from jetnation they locked it... probably kept me from being banned.

they locked it as I was trying to edit my post to tell them they're ass hats for not saying its from jetnation they locked it... probably kept me from being banned.

There are 5 guests in this thread now. hhhmm.

Well, I know why they deleted the thread... because they are offering the same type of info in their vip thread!

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173229

The Jets hit the field at Weeb Ewbank Hall for practice number two of training camp. Only this time, the offense looked stellar with several impressive throws from Chad Pennington, Erik Ainge and Brett Ratliff.

Faced in a quarterback competition, Pennington revealed surprising news about his health last season.

ALSO: Was there a Vernon sighting at camp? And....the team get a visit from a familar friend.

TRAINING CAMP PHOTO GALLERY: For over 70 exclusive Jets Insider.com training camp photos CLICK HERE

INTRODUCING JI BLOGS! Brand new for 2008, get even more inside the team by checking out all of the talented Jets Insider.com Bloggers with their own opinions, perspectives and spin on all Jets happenings. CLICK HERE

Brian Clark

Training Camp Report

This practice was a bit more entertaining for the fans, compared to the morning practice. The bleachers were 80% full to watch the Jets conduct their evening practice

Starters:

QB Clemens

RB Jones

WR Coles

WR Cotchery

TE Franks

TE Keller

RT Woody

RG Moore

C Mangold

LG Kendall

LT Ferguson

2nd Line

QB Pennington

RB Washington

WR Stuckey

WR Smith

FB Richardson

TE Pociask

RT Hunter

RG Turner

C Montgomery

LG Bender

LT Oldenburg

Drills conducted were:

Individual unit drills

Punt Return

Last seconds drill

Clemens and Pennington had a better practice and connect multiple times on underneath routes. Pennington hit Coles deep over Revis for a 35 yd TD. Clemens hit Clowney on a nice comeback route down the sideline. Ratliff had another strong practice, and hit Paul Raymond another long pass, as Raymond although undersized continued to impress. Ainge has a decent arm, but nothing special, but needs to work on his footwork.

Leon Washington is by far the MVP of the day breaking free many plays on offense today. On two separate occasions he juked Kassell out of his cleats, and on many others he ran right passed players. He definitely looks great coming out of the offseason. Jones looks fit, but did not impressed besides one play where he basically took a convoy of lineman on a screen that went for a 75 yard td.

For the WR

Brian Clark

Training Camp Report

Starters:

QB Clemens

RB Jones

WR Coles

WR Cotchery

TE Franks

TE Keller

RT Woody

RG Moore

C Mangold

LG Kendall

LT Ferguson

2nd Line

QB Pennington

RB Washington

WR Stuckey

WR Smith

FB Richardson

TE Pociask

RT Hunter

RG Turner

C Montgomery

LG Bender

LT Oldenburg

Drills conducted were:

Individual unit drills

Punt Return

Last seconds drill

For the WR

Hey guys I wouldn't really worry about what JI does at this point. Anyone who runs editorials blasting Woody Johnson for PSLs and then runs a pay website (in 2008) -- well like I said, I just wouldn't worry about it.

Back on topic, Brian great job. Thanks for giving a run down of the drills they have run each practice. That is very informative. Scary about Coles, hopefully that is minor and doesn't linger.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to tomorrow's edition.

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=1377

You wrote that like it's a bad thing. :P Seriously that sites a total joke. They get more paranoid with each passing week.* Nation Rules !! :biggrin:

And no Gholston, I'm guessing he'll be in tomorrow.

Baker said that he should be in by the end of the week.

you know whats funny? i was there yesterday,and two guys behind me was like there is pete kendall. i was thinking wtf are they talking about lol? i hate the no it alls that don`t know anything

you know whats funny? i was there yesterday,and two guys behind me was like there is pete kendall. i was thinking wtf are they talking about lol? i hate the no it alls that don`t know anything

That was probably Lawngnome:

Originally Posted by lawngnome o-line viewpost.gif

Brian Clark

Training Camp Report

Starters:

QB Clemens

RB Jones

WR Coles

WR Cotchery

TE Franks

TE Keller

RT Woody

RG Moore

C Mangold

LG Kendall

LT Ferguson

2nd Line

QB Pennington

RB Washington

WR Stuckey

WR Smith

FB Richardson

TE Pociask

RT Hunter

RG Turner

C Montgomery

LG Bender

LT Oldenburg

:lol:

Hey guys I wouldn't really worry about what JI does at this point. Anyone who runs editorials blasting Woody Johnson for PSLs and then runs a pay website (in 2008) -- well like I said, I just wouldn't worry about it.

Back on topic, Brian great job. Thanks for giving a run down of the drills they have run each practice. That is very informative. Scary about Coles, hopefully that is minor and doesn't linger.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to tomorrow's edition.

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=1377

I just needed to get my panties in a bunch...

No I knew it was Faneca. Let's just say that it was a brain fart when I wrote it. When you see a giant white guy wearing 66 on the line in between brick and mangold its hard to forget that its not the loveable pete kendall. It's going to have some getting used to having a Pro Bowler in that spot and calling him by his correct name, Alan Faneca.

And I do know who is who

No I knew it was Faneca. Let's just say that it was a brain fart when I wrote it. When you see a giant white guy wearing 66 on the line in between brick and mangold its hard to forget that its not the loveable pete kendall. It's going to have some getting used to having a Pro Bowler in that spot and calling him by his correct name, Alan Faneca.

And I do know who is who

I was kidding man. LOL

Great job on the reports.

Archived