Anquan Boldin to be free agent after 2010

BroadwayJ667

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- A major storm hit the Arizona training camp one day before practice begins, when standout wide receiver Anquan Boldin lashed out at the Cardinals organization for failing to follow through on what he said was a promise for a new contract.

He said he had told his agent Drew Rosenhaus to end negotiations and that he would not re-sign with the team.

"Right now I don't want a deal," he said Thursday after the players went through a running drill. "You may think I'm funny or saying that just to say it, but for me, I'm tired of it. I washed my hands of the whole situation."

BOL283010.jpgAnquan Boldin, WR

Arizona Cardinals

2007 Statistics:

Receptions: 71

Yards: 853

Touchdowns: 9

Boldin, a two-time Pro Bowl player and a team captain last season, said that he was promised a new contract before this season.

He has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million contract extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of $4 million a year.

rest is on NFL.com

Yeah, and by then he'll be 30 years of age.

I wouldn't trade for Boldin, but in three years if we still don't have a #1 receiver (wow would that suck) I wouldn't mind seeing the team sign him to a 3 to 5 year contract.

I don't think Arizona is going to trade him.

Yeah, and by then he'll be 30 years of age.

I wouldn't trade for Boldin, but in three years if we still don't have a #1 receiver (wow would that suck) I wouldn't mind seeing the team sign him to a 3 to 5 year contract.

I don't think Arizona is going to trade him.

I don't think age is as much as a concern with Boldin as it would be other WR's. He's not entirely reliant on his speed anyways. his game revolves around his great route running, great hand and amazing ability to shed tackles after the catch. I wouldn't mind dishing out money for him in 2010.

remember when everyone said he wasn't smart, and couldn't grasp the playbook? so what! run over there and I'll throw the ball to you! You catch it!

I thought the knock on him was that he was a lazy punk. And that he "only" had like 4.6 speed.

When he didn't get the FA dollars he really wanted ($4M/yr with only a $5M signing bonus) he straightened his ass out pretty good for the Giants.

Archived