5 hours prior to game?

BwanaZulia

Did anyone notice the big change on the parking this year that now they are only opening it up 5 hours prior to the game itself?

4PM game - 11AM open parking

1PM game - 8AM open parking

8PM game - 3PM open parking

I am sure the die hard tailgaiters will be pissed. For me, still plenty of time to have some beers and food.

Interesting though.

BZ

You're always welcome at 16G for our usual Dewars and SoCo Jet's shots. ;)

Btw, do I have a problem if I'm posting on Jetnation from my blackberry while on vacation in Italy?

Ummmm.... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No more than me though who just spent 45 minutes finding "friends" on FaceBook)

BZ

Did anyone notice the big change on the parking this year that now they are only opening it up 5 hours prior to the game itself?

4PM game - 11AM open parking

1PM game - 8AM open parking

8PM game - 3PM open parking

I am sure the die hard tailgaiters will be pissed. For me, still plenty of time to have some beers and food.

Interesting though.

BZ

This is a preview of whats yet to come. Tailgaters will pay a higher parking fee and in the new tailgate zone, the actual tailgate time will be cut back to 4 hours from a source I heard it from.They want the fans in the stadium buying merlot and sushi at the their tailgate zones.No more grilling and chilling and setting up camp with generators and tents and real parties watch and see.

I'm guessing for the Preseason Games its game at 7pm, open the parking lot at 2pm?

Yes, for the diehard tailgater this does indeed suck some serious nuts, but only for the 4pm games. I rarely got to the stadium earlier than 8am for a 1pm game, so thats not going to be so bad. As of now, we Jets have any games at 8pm and only the Patriots game is a 4pm game so this will only effect the home opener.

Still, this is just another way to keep a lot of the real fans out. Looks like in the 4, 4 1/2 hours we have to tailgate for 4pm games we're just going to have to tailgate a little harder.

The traffic lines are going to SUCK on Opening Day. I for one will be on line around 10:30. I'll wait in the car for a half an hour rather than sit on the highway. We'll see how crazy it is on 9/14. A lot of people don't usually get there until 2-3 hours before the game anyway, but for Opening Day a lot like to go early.

Opening home game will be a mess with the Pats -our big rival and the first home game-

Definitely Frank, I'm in agreement with that. This is what I posted earlier in the the thread:

The traffic lines are going to SUCK on Opening Day. I for one will be on line around 10:30. I'll wait in the car for a half an hour rather than sit on the highway. We'll see how crazy it is on 9/14. A lot of people don't usually get there until 2-3 hours before the game anyway, but for Opening Day a lot like to go early.

I was hoping to get there between 9-930 for Opening Day, but no more.

Okay, I just got the low-down from the Jets and their Security who WILL be outside the gates:

You are NOT allowed to show up a half hour or so early to get into the lots you will just have to start showing up at 11am, 8am or whatever time the gates are scheduled to open. There will be security and police making sure this takes place.

So don't even bother showing up at 1030 on opening day, a half hour before hand, just show up at 11.

Okay, I just got the low-down from the Jets and their Security who WILL be outside the gates:

You are NOT allowed to show up a half hour or so early to get into the lots you will just have to start showing up at 11am, 8am or whatever time the gates are scheduled to open. There will be security and police making sure this takes place.

So don't even bother showing up at 1030 on opening day, a half hour before hand, just show up at 11.

I think the bigger question is what time will they start blocking the exits? That seems like it will become the new time to beat.

Any way you slice it (no offense to you drunken bastards) I am all for a stadium that is less drunk.

I think the bigger question is what time will they start blocking the exits? That seems like it will become the new time to beat.

Any way you slice it (no offense to you drunken bastards) I am all for a stadium that is less drunk.

People will just drink more Phil. They will have time to drink between 11am and 330pm or 8am and 1230pm. 4, 4 and half hours is plenty of time for people to get wasted if they want too. I'm sure they'll even be crazy *******s with beer in a Dunkin Doughnuts cup or something. Just sending out a warning message to those who think they'll get a great spot by showing up a half hour or so early to wait because the police will force you to leave.

I'll be showing up between 10:50 and 11 for Opening Day. I'll driver slower and try to make it 10:55 and see what happens.

If you remember last year's opening day was a zoo. It was the first time with

the parking pass and no parking pass and some lots were blocked off.

No one really knew where to go.

I was coming up from the airport and it was bumper to bumper all the way.

I can't see it any worse than that for this season.

True. True.

Although, let me get my drink on!

BZ

In the end, although we can't start showing up until the exact time of 11am, a lot of peole won't get there until Noon, 1pm. Only the diehard tailgaters will be "in line", more like traffic on the highways, to get in at 11am. Now I feel bad for people who don't know this and show up at 10, 1030 getting ready to wait and they cannot wait and will be told to turn around. Sucks for them.

I think they should make the beers $800 each. Prohibit outside alcohol and then not charge a PSL.

Nice... good plan.

Or they could just open up their own fan website and charge a subscription price for "premium content".

Gold in them their hills.

BZ

Nice... good plan.

Or they could just open up their own fan website and charge a subscription price for "premium content".

Gold in them their hills.

BZ

Damn bro -- I can't believe you just took it there. Awesome though. I am totally clicking the POTW button.

:rl:

People will just drink more Phil. They will have time to drink between 11am and 330pm or 8am and 1230pm. 4, 4 and half hours is plenty of time for people to get wasted if they want too. I'm sure they'll even be crazy *******s with beer in a Dunkin Doughnuts cup or something. Just sending out a warning message to those who think they'll get a great spot by showing up a half hour or so early to wait because the police will force you to leave.

I'll be showing up between 10:50 and 11 for Opening Day. I'll driver slower and try to make it 10:55 and see what happens.

Yeah, cutting down on the amount of time to tailgate has an adverse effect on the people in my group. It seems as though the less time we have, the quicker people down as much booze as possible, hitting them much harder than the slow drawn out process over more time.

Yeah, cutting down on the amount of time to tailgate has an adverse effect on the people in my group. It seems as though the less time we have, the quicker people down as much booze as possible, hitting them much harder than the slow drawn out process over more time.

That is true. With a lot of time, it gives people more chance to drink hard, pass out and sober up before the game.

BZ

This is a preview of whats yet to come. Tailgaters will pay a higher parking fee and in the new tailgate zone, the actual tailgate time will be cut back to 4 hours from a source I heard it from.They want the fans in the stadium buying merlot and sushi at the their tailgate zones.No more grilling and chilling and setting up camp with generators and tents and real parties watch and see.

YOU NAILED IT!

Bump for more people to see if they've missed this:

1pm game / 8am lots open

4pm game / 11am lots open

7pm game / 2pm lots open

8pm game / 3pm lots open

Do not show up before the gates open or the police and security will make sure you leave and have to turn around.

Great, I saw this coming on the last game of the season against the Chiefs. also, the police will be setting up DWI road blocks during the end of the game waiting for you on the turnpike when you leave.

They had DWI road blocks leaving the Chiefs game last year, but I guess between the ****ty game and weather that day a lot of people left early.

Archived