Chiefs top pick Dorsey sprains knee in practice - ESPN.com

Chiefs top pick Dorsey sprains knee in practice

Associated Press

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- Kansas City top draft pick Glenn Dorsey sprained his left knee during practice Saturday.

The team said Dorsey will undergo an MRI to determine how bad the injury is. The injury happened when the defensive tackle collided with another lineman during practice. After Dorsey limped off the field, trainers wrapped his knee and put ice on it. He then went to the locker room and wasn't seen for the rest of practice.

"It's probably going to be week-to-week," coach Herm Edwards said. "I don't think it's real serious. It's sprained."

Dorsey is the second Kansas City rookie to suffer an injury in training camp. Left tackle Branden Albert sprained his foot during Thursday night's joint practice with Minnesota and is expected to be out for at least a week, though Edwards said it could be longer.

"Whatever time they miss is valuable because they're rookies, as you know," Edwards said. "But the good part is that the other guys are going to have to play and they have to be evaluated."

Tank Tyler, a third-round pick in 2007, will replace Dorsey in the starting lineup. Herb Taylor, who appeared in just one game on offense last year as a rookie, has replaced Albert.

Dorsey is the cornerstone of a line that's being rebuilt to make up for the loss of Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen.

After a brief contract holdout, Dorsey, the fifth player taken overall in April, signed a five-year, $51 million deal on July 26 that includes an option year and more than $22 million in guaranteed money.

Kansas City, coming off a 4-12 year, needs an immediate impact from the 300-pound All-American from LSU to ease the loss of Allen, who insisted on a trade last spring because of a falling out with Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Brodie Croyle??

Really??

Please someone give more reasons than 'he's better than Chad'. Please.

holy ****...I just noticed the picture in your sig IJ...attn moderators; is there any way I can rescind a nomination for the week's best post I just made for Irish Jet? James frickin Dearth????!!!!!!! my nemesis....

holy ****...I just noticed the picture in your sig IJ...attn moderators; is there any way I can rescind a nomination for the week's best post I just made for Irish Jet? James frickin Dearth????!!!!!!! my nemesis....

He's going to be unleashed SoFla, you'll see. They've been keeping him in hiding all these years so they could utilize him when the time is right. They've made the off-season signings for a reason SoFla, you know why?

That time is now!

Irish sits in his 1 room basement apartment waiting for me to post so he can have a life and feel important.........Pssssssssss its not working.The rope on sale is looking alot better.

I picture you in a van ... down by the river.

Do you sweat a lot?

I picture you in a van ... down by the river.

Do you sweat a lot?

5180 made a solid point though

irish LOVES following my posts with a sarcastic remark. every thing I post in I see something snide after my posts. same with gainzo, ghost and a few others.

they're like a gang of e-tards.

they do it in hopes to intimidate people they dislike from posting more.

I even PM'd gainzo to see what his problem with me was and he said there was no problem and "it's all good"

next day he's talking **** about me again in the baseball forum LOL. what a two-faced turdbag.

Irish sits in his 1 room basement apartment waiting for me to post so he can have a life and feel important.........Pssssssssss its not working.The rope on sale is looking alot better.

irish jet has a life... hahahaha... since when?

Sucks for the chiefs. Injuries can really slow down a good season.

Just an observation, there has been a lot of tension on this forum lately.. maybe everyone coming to a breaking point I guess?

Guys relax. Try to ignore a post that annoys you. After all, it is only a message board

Sucks for the chiefs. Injuries can really slow down a good season.

Just an observation, there has been a lot of tension on this forum lately.. maybe everyone coming to a breaking point I guess?

Guys relax. Try to ignore a post that annoys you. After all, it is only a message board

look I've TRIED to be reasonable but every time I SEE that picture of that team killer Dearth in Irish Jet's sig it's like a hot poker to my eye

I'm not a very serious going person. I like to be humorous, or more to the point I like to try and be humorous.

You can get very annoying though, you've taken cheap shots at me for no reason before so what you're saying right now is beyond hypocritical.

As for 5180, I've already made my feelings clear about him in the past. I'm not going to bother wasting my time again.

you haven't given me crap in awhile, i like it that way. im cool with you if your cool with me.

but this Gonzo character is on my jock like ants in my pants

makes me wanna do this to him: :Nuts:

every time I sign on here it's something different. at some point a man's gotta say Enough of the bullcrap and stick up for himself.

people can't let bygones be bygones

I am cracking up. The pre-season hasn't even started and everyone is at each others throats. Oh, the life of a Jets fan. :cheers:

I am cracking up. The pre-season hasn't even started and everyone is at each others throats. Oh, the life of a Jets fan. :cheers:

I'm actually one of the very few here trying to be optimistic about the season. I can't believe the serious level of depression among them heading into this campaign.

Archived