So who else gets cut/restructured?

RSJ

what are the chances that Penny decides it's okay to be a back-up for a year and signs with the Pats? The Patriots sure could use a servicable back-up. Matt Cassel couldn't hold Penny's jock strap. A one year deal. Hang out with his buddy Moss.

Chad Pennington: $6 million

David Barrett: $3.6 million

There's $9.6 million right there and we are $2 million under so thats $11.6 million.

Brad Kassell?

Matt Chatham?

CJ Mosley?

Chris Baker?

what are the chances that Penny decides it's okay to be a back-up for a year and signs with the Pats? The Patriots sure could use a servicable back-up. Matt Cassel couldn't hold Penny's jock strap. A one year deal. Hang out with his buddy Moss.

That is a fear of mine believe me. That is why I would much rather see the Jets try to trade Chad for anything.

Chad Pennington: $6 million

David Barrett: $3.6 million

There's $9.6 million right there and we are $2 million under so thats $11.6 million.

Brad Kassell?

Matt Chatham?

CJ Mosley?

Chris Baker?

Prior to camp I think the three everybody was quoting were Pennington, Barrett and Barton. Apparently Miller has been looking pretty good and Lowery and DColeman haven't looked bad so Barrett seems gone. Kassell actually had a few starts over Barton last season and Barton and his $3+M might well be gone, but by most accounts he's been having a nice camp and I don't think people are comfortable with Kassell starting and Bowens the only backup at ILB.

Is the prevailing wisdom that Chad is definitely gone and Clemens becomes the backup?

I think it actually goes beyond prevailing wisdom, Tannenbaum basically said it at the presser. Doesn't make sense to have $18+M tied up in one position.

The arrival of Favre signals the end of Chad Pennington

Prior to camp I think the three everybody was quoting were Pennington, Barrett and Barton. Apparently Miller has been looking pretty good and Lowery and DColeman haven't looked bad so Barrett seems gone. Kassell actually had a few starts over Barton last season and Barton and his $3+M might well be gone, but by most accounts he's been having a nice camp and I don't think people are comfortable with Kassell starting and Bowens the only backup at ILB.

I think it actually goes beyond prevailing wisdom, Tannenbaum basically said it at the presser. Doesn't make sense to have $18+M tied up in one position.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26013997/

Thanks for the response. Max just posted a transcript of Tanny's press conf., which outlines this stuff. Wow. Finally!

I don't see a smiley, so I'm not sure if you're busting balls. Did he really say those magic words?

he said that there is a announcement that involves Chad Pennington to be made at 4pm. And Chad is on his way back from Cleveland to NY.

it would serve this organization and all if its horrible fans right for chad to sign with the pats and win a ring. if i sat here and bashed you people the way you've all sh!t on chad, most if not all of you would want me banned for being an a-hole. well, it takes one to know one and i definitely know that if this teams fans are this way, then we don't deserve to see our team win a championship. you ALL make me embarrassed to call myself a jets fan AND a new yorker. you've all shown your true, classless colors and i hope your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren are all debased in some way throughout the course of their lives. i want your families to feel the inadequacy you've tried to instill in anyone you people have felt was "unworthy" of wearing your precious green and white. you people are hacks... fake fans with no semblance of loyalty. i think i may be done here at jet nation.

it would serve this organization and all if its horrible fans right for chad to sign with the pats and win a ring. if i sat here and bashed you people the way you've all sh!t on chad, most if not all of you would want me banned for being an a-hole. well, it takes one to know one and i definitely know that if this teams fans are this way, then we don't deserve to see our team win a championship. you ALL make me embarrassed to call myself a jets fan AND a new yorker. you've all shown your true, classless colors and i hope your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren are all debased in some way throughout the course of their lives. i want your families to feel the inadequacy you've tried to instill in anyone you people have felt was "unworthy" of wearing your precious green and white. you people are hacks... fake fans with no semblance of loyalty. i think i may be done here at jet nation.

Oh Noes! WE shall forever miss your 150 posts with such insight.

A bit over the top, no? Chad has been hurt and performing inadequately for a long time. We are entitled to want a better QB, especially as the team has been seriously upgraded. And Clemens is apparently not yet ready.

Dont go away mad,just go away. And dont let the door hit you in the ass!!!!!!!!!!

Chad Pennington has left the building and WE wish him well.

Archived