Lets remember one thing

4HCrew

It is only one preseason game people...lets not annoint heroes yet...Hell Rick Mirer looked like a star in the preseason. It is great to be excited but lets keep things a bit real here...I know there will be some Ratliff is better than Clemens threads started shortly ugh

It is only one preseason game people...lets not annoint heroes yet...Hell Rick Mirer looked like a star in the preseason. It is great to be excited but lets keep things a bit real here...I know there will be some Ratliff is better than Clemens threads started shortly ugh

You know what... they might be right, and I'm not judging by last night alone.

One difference from what I saw with Ratliff, granted in a pre-season game, and Clemens.... Clemens looks scared, Ratliff does not. Clemens looked scared last year too. A scared athlete is not a very good athlete, regardless of his physical tools.

That is good advice. And it goes both ways. Gholston is not a bust based upon looking lost in his first pro game. Justin Miller is not a bum because of one pass interference call.

True.... lost (which can be corrected) and SCARED are entirely different things. Lost can be fixed.. unfortunately scared usually can not.

True. You cannot take much away from a first preseason game. I will say that I liked Ratliff's demeanor. He did not seem indecisive. Looked like he was having fun. And of course, he seems to have the arm.

True.... lost (which can be corrected) and SCARED are entirely different things. Lost can be fixed.. unfortunately scared usually can not.

That's true, but QBs that are lost often seem scared. Happy feet, swiveling their heads trying to find WRs, etc. Sometimes they grow out of that and sometimes they don't. I didn't see much of Clemens last night, but I didn't like what I saw last season, but the fact that he seemed to loosen up and look less "scared" with the game on the line, needing to throw (Baltimore 4th Qtr) makes me think he is more lost than scared.

People are going to be pissed when Ratliff gets released at the end of camp. The three QB's are Favre, Clemens and Ainge. I don't see the Jets going with four.

Ratliff has outplayed AInge throughout training camp. Ratliff becomes third string, Ainge gets practice squad.

The pre-season the prisoner’s dilemma of professional sports

If a players/team performs well people get excited and start to raise there hopes. To which they are told “it’s just pre-season it doesn’t mean anything”

If a player/team performs poorly people get way down and start to loose faith. To which they are told “it’s just per-season it doesn’t mean anything”

The reality you can never win at pre-season

Ratliff has outplayed AInge throughout training camp. Ratliff becomes third string, Ainge gets practice squad.

A little premature. Ratliff has been with the team for a full season. Ainge is new and just had finger surgery. There are plenty of reasons for Ainge to be behind and I'm not so sure they'd want to expose him at this point. I think that's why they are trying to see what they have in Ratliff.

People are going to be pissed when Ratliff gets released at the end of camp. The three QB's are Favre, Clemens and Ainge. I don't see the Jets going with four.

Don't look now, but a 5th rounder doesn't have that much status. Ainge is not guaranteed a spot on the roster. If somebody steps up and looks really good, they won't keep him down to please a 5th rounder.

For that matter, Clemens is only a year further along than Ratliff. A couple of good showings in the preseason, and sometime this year Ratliff can move into the Number 2 position.

Archived