2 scenerios for The Classy Jets........

lancemehl

A awful lot of bidders? Who?

Miami has contacted his agent.

Kansas City views him as nothing but a back-up.

NYGiants have view him as nothing but a back-up.

Chicago has not inquired.

Minnesota has not inquired and has said they're not interested.

Green Bay or New England could look at him as nothing but a back-up as well.

A "awful lot of bidders" to you must be ONE in Miami. One freaking bidder to START in the NFL.

All of his "bidders" are for 2nd string jobs except one. Miami. The second worst team in the NFL (behind Atlanta). Oh joy for Chad.

You're forgetting to add that the Miami coach has gone on record stating that "he's fine with the QB's he's got"

I like that method better, but even so I accidentally short-changed him on the Indy playoff win.

I did this quick so if I am missing something forgive me

2002 Oakland 7-4

Oakland Playoffs

Indy 7-2

New England

Miami 9-6

New England 5-0

Pittsburgh 11-1

New England 12-2

Pittsburgh playoffs

Jax (The game he got hurt in) if you want to include that one feel free.

New England 1-0

Indy 3-0

Bears 8-1

None

Who is chad going to throw to? It's not like he makes his wide outs look better than they are, evident of them never going to the probowl on the Jets but going on other teams.

They have "no hands" Berrian and...?

Sidney Rice. I think he will be a very good to great WR and pretty well known in a few years. Depending on Jackson's development, or if Chad plays there, I easily see him being a 1000 yard 8 TD player.

i think there are some very good replies on this post. war ensem, i guess thats a pretty good point.

drago, however, i must break you. chad took pay cuts, backup roles, always expressed that he wanted to retire a jet. He did so much more for this team than he ever gets credit for!!! thats all im sayin.

and guys, is it about the money cuz thats sad. football is not even about just a 'rocket arm'. ****, maybe I am a 'player fan'. im the girl who was heartbroken when they let keyshawn go. ;) if laverneus ends up a dolphin, i might have to move back to south fla...

ps. since all u fans want someone with a cannon, i say look out for brett ratliffe -? quite an arm on him. seriously, kellen is not doin it for me. and why do qbs have the girliest names?

:rolleyes:

I don't totally agree with that sperm. The difference is, the Packers fear playing brett, the jets do not fear playing Chad.

Sending Favre to the Vikings puts them in the tops in the NFL, sending Chad to the Vikes puts them exactly where they were the day before the aquisition. IMO, the packers had no choice but to hold favre long enough to keep him out of the division.

oh yeah? do the Jets 'fear playing chad now', for the game opener at miami? go ahead, speak for all of us...

Just wondering, what would you want the Jets to do with Chad? Sit him on the bench and swallow up his contract to watch him be third or fourth on the depth chart? Chad wants to start, we are granting him his wish. I don't see how that can be considered bad. His time's up in NY and he would not have been content on the sidelines anyways.

Plus the Jets actually released him so he could sign elsewhere quickly to be able to pick up the new teams system. They COULD have held off, looking for a draft pick as compensation but they didn't. I'm proud of the classy Jets.

um, no.. just sayin, if we lose week one in miami, thats not cool

If we lose week one in Miami - it will have zero to do with Chad Pennington's QB skills. We know very well what he's incapable of doing which is why he's outta here. If we dont gameplan accordingly we've got some coaching issues.

Ted Ginn jr. has got to be ready to slit his wrists.

oh yeah? do the Jets 'fear playing chad now', for the game opener at miami? go ahead, speak for all of us...

ummm, would you? they wear teal and their best player is a punt returner...

SFJ, how do you deal with stalkers? I'm scared.

i think there are some very good replies on this post. war ensem, i guess thats a pretty good point.

drago, however, i must break you. chad took pay cuts, backup roles, always expressed that he wanted to retire a jet. He did so much more for this team than he ever gets credit for!!! thats all im sayin.

and guys, is it about the money cuz thats sad. football is not even about just a 'rocket arm'. ****, maybe I am a 'player fan'. im the girl who was heartbroken when they let keyshawn go. ;) if laverneus ends up a dolphin, i might have to move back to south fla...

ps. since all u fans want someone with a cannon, i say look out for brett ratliffe -? quite an arm on him. seriously, kellen is not doin it for me. and why do qbs have the girliest names?

:rolleyes:

i don't give you long b4 you've forgotten about chad and can't stop talking about brett favre.

and i hope ur right, rick. believe me i do..

to u drag, yes the fins are the pussiest organization ever and thats just another reason i feel bad for my man chaddeus.

u gotta admit tho, chad is pretty nice in ol joe robbie stadium, and soflajets u must know that too. not sure if brett can stand that miami heat

(i slummed for a while in so-fla myself before returning to the greatest city in the world).

i dunno, well see..

and ivan, you could do a lot worse than me as a stalker

;)

Well, they fear him a lot more than they fear Josh McCown, that's for sure.

I have supported Chad on this board quite a few times, but even I feel the Jets did what they had to do for their fans. The only reason Chad was still on the team was that the organization realized both QB's bad performance last year was at least partially their fault, (they put the Oline out there), and that there were no alternatives in the draft. If this was a QB-rich draft both QBs, bad Oline or not, would have been gone and a new man anointed.

That alternative did not appear until just before the first exhibition game, so the Jets had to do it then. At that point, it was in the interests of both the Jets and Chad to release him, since the Jets were uninterested in adding needless complications to the Favre deal by discussing Pennington trades, and time was growing so short that every day Chad was not in another team's camp severely reduced his chances of getting the starting job there.

The Jets handled it as well as they could have, unless you think they should have said "No thanks" to getting Favre.

Archived