Will the real Brett Favre please stand up.

Alk

So as I was reading all of these posts proclaiming a 4,000 yd. 35 TD Super Bowl MVP type season I started wondering if there was something I was missing. Or was everyone overlooking the seasons before last. Prior to last season there is no arguing that Favre was on decline. Then last season rolls around and everyone wants to forget about the past. The question is was last season just an anomoly and he'll revert back to the Favre from the two seasons before or will he go out in a blaze of glory.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

So as I was reading all of these posts proclaiming a 4,000 yd. 35 TD Super Bowl MVP type season I started wondering if there was something I was missing. Or was everyone overlooking the seasons before last. Prior to last season there is no arguing that Favre was on decline. Then last season rolls around and everyone wants to forget about the past. The question is was last season just an anomoly and he'll revert back to the Favre from the two seasons before or will he go out in a blaze of glory.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

I have an idea, why don't you go on nfl.com look up all of favre's stats by year all the way back to high school and then go **** yourself.

I have an idea, why don't you go on nfl.com look up all of favre's stats by year all the way back to high school and then go **** yourself.

:rl: Alrighty then. You're supposed to be happy and $hitting rainbows. What gives?

p.s. I used espn.com

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

In 2006 the Packers had no running game, greg jennings was a rookie and there was no James Jones. They had no TE that year and a young, poor defense playing with an injured Nick Barnett for most of the season. No one says that Favre will do this by himself. He will need some help.

If you weren't scared of Favre, why would you go onto a rival mb and make a thread saying he's not going to be good?

I didn't say he's not going to do good. Although since you put me up to it I do believe alot of you are going to be seriously disappointed by the end of the season. I'm making discussion asking you guys what you think a reasonable expectation should be. Believe me, I'm just a lowly fan, I have no reason to be scared of any NFL player. I watch the games and what I think or feel have absolutely now effect on the outcome of what happens on the field. Don't act like I just jumped off the freakin' patriot bandwagon and landed here yesterday for cryin' out loud.

:rl: Alrighty then. You're supposed to be happy and $hitting rainbows. What gives?

p.s. I used espn.com

Uh Hey Alk..Not for nothing but if I was a Pat's fan I would be seriously worrying about

that pitiful secondary of the Pats..Seriously.. I had a chance to watch them yesterday and they made KYLE BOLLER look good and they couldn't guard you..and watch Brushi closely next exibition game..he is done..I mean he was once a great warrior but those days are long gone..Hey.. how is the pill swillin junkie,, drug dealing..snitch Kascur not suspended..Wrong color I guess..You better hope Brady is puttin up a lot of points cause you are going to need everyone of them.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

Alk Favre on the DECLINE was and is still better than any QB the NYJETS had on the roster.Now go play in traffic.

Uh Hey Alk..Not for nothing but if I was a Pat's fan I would be seriously worrying about

that pitiful secondary of the Pats..Seriously.. I had a chance to watch them yesterday and they made KYLE BOLLER look good and they couldn't guard you..and watch Brushi closely next exibition game..he is done..I mean he was once a great warrior but those days are long gone..Hey.. how is the pill swillin junkie,, drug dealing..snitch Kascur not suspended..Wrong color I guess..You better hope Brady is puttin up a lot of points cause you are going to need everyone of them.

I suppose 11-15 with 1 INT is good by Kyle Boller standards. :rl: It was their first preseason game and there are alot of new guys out there. I'll be worried when they start getting scorched in the regular season. I realize that Bruschi is done. He's been done for a couple years now. That's why we drafted Mayo who is already looking like he'll be a good one. By wrong color with Kaczur I assume you mean wrong team. Don't know why he's not suspended and really don't care. I would be surprised if he starts to begin with. Don't think points will be much of a concern considering our entire offense is back.

The secondary is going to be a major issue..its hard to score when the opposition keeps getting first downs. Matt Light might be done..He hasn't even had one practice I believe..The D-liine is your only strength on defense now..The Patriots have started their decline..I sense it and see it..you'll see

The Patriots have started their decline..I sense it and see it..you'll see

I like your enthusiasm for the decline of the Pats, but the fact remains they are the team to beat in the AFC east. The Jets' acquisition of Brett Favre does not change that.

I like your enthusiasm for the decline of the Pats, but the fact remains they are the team to beat in the AFC east. The Jets' acquisition of Brett Favre does not change that.

the jets signed favre? wow, that's great!

season predictions for favre...

18 td's

11 Int's

better than penny and kellen, but not lights out. I'd be surprised if the CS ever had him go out there and 'do it himself'.

I didn't say he's not going to do good. Although since you put me up to it I do believe alot of you are going to be seriously disappointed by the end of the season. I'm making discussion asking you guys what you think a reasonable expectation should be. Believe me, I'm just a lowly fan, I have no reason to be scared of any NFL player. I watch the games and what I think or feel have absolutely now effect on the outcome of what happens on the field. Don't act like I just jumped off the freakin' patriot bandwagon and landed here yesterday for cryin' out loud.

I'm going to put it to you straight: do you think Favre is more of a threat than Chad Pennington was? That is the only real question here.

I'm going to put it to you straight: do you think Favre is more of a threat than Chad Pennington was? That is the only real question here.

He's more of a threat to throw the ball 50 yards down field. He's also more of a threat to throw a boneheaded INT at the worst possible time. To be honest Pennington always worried me a little. Sure he just dink and dunked us but it just seemed he would get on a roll where he couldn't miss.

He's more of a threat to throw the ball 50 yards down field. He's also more of a threat to throw a boneheaded INT at the worst possible time. To be honest Pennington always worried me a little. Sure he just dink and dunked us but it just seemed he would get on a roll where he couldn't miss.

wow, you didn't just describe penny there did you?

you have just proven that you know absolutely jack and **** about football. You have just been put in the patriotsreign and crashingjet category of troll.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

how about the previous 14 years you idiot, a guy can't have 1 bad year? could his performance PERHAPS have been due to a crappy coaching system and a HUGE void on the O line from 2 key free agent departures?

As to stats go look. When his team was bad in 2005 his interception were higher. Only one of those receivers of that season is still starting in the league. As a Packer fan I know that during that season most of those were thrown when the Packers were behind and especially in the fourth quarter. The link is too old now but it was analyzed. If his team is behind by 17 with 1:30 to go in the game Favre does not give up and hand off. HE PLAYS TO WIN THE GAME!!He has always said stats don't matter except wins nd losses. Less than 10 seconds to halftime?? He will throw a Hail Mary into the endzone just to try. That INT means nothing. Fox announcer Troy Aikman says he has seen Brett throw it 75 yards in the air. Jaworski last year on MNF watched as Brett showed off throwing it from the 50 and hitting the pylon to demonstrate long ball accuracy. Once he gets used to his new receivers you will be amazed at how he can throw. He can fit the ball in where few QB's can. For every INT there will be about 5 throws where you watch the replay and say "How did he do that?"

So true.

Farve = Drew Bledsoe. Farves penchant for throwing the ball up for grabs are well documented.

The Jets will likely make the post season only to have Farve throw it all away like last year and a few seasons ago vs the Eagles. Its an all or nothing season anyway for NY.

So true.

Farve = Drew Bledsoe. Farves penchant for throwing the ball up for grabs are well documented.

The Jets will likely make the post season only to have Farve throw it all away like last year and a few seasons ago vs the Eagles. Its an all or nothing season anyway for NY.

rock rock rock rock rock and roll high school.

Did you watch Chad Pennington last season? At all?

If he could have "managed the game" like he's supposedly so great at, the Jets might have flirted with .500.

you have just proven that you know absolutely jack and **** about football. You have just been put in the patriotsreign and crashingjet category of troll.

Yes because you're the top authority on the sport. You're just an angrly little man. :rl::rl::rl:

Edit...I forgot you're like 7' 2" 290 lbs. My bad...oh yeah and the 150 IQ. I'll never doubt you again.

how about the previous 14 years you idiot, a guy can't have 1 bad year? could his performance PERHAPS have been due to a crappy coaching system and a HUGE void on the O line from 2 key free agent departures?

Living in the past my friend...living in the past. Or maybe not. We'll find out soon enough. I look forward to it.

Yes because you're the top authority on the sport. You're just an angrly little man. :rl::rl::rl:

Edit...I forgot you're like 7' 2" 290 lbs. My bad...oh yeah and the 150 IQ. I'll never doubt you again.

lmao, ;)

I'm only 6'3''... thanks. You're saying that brett favre is going to throw and is more prone to throw pick 6's than chad pennington. That makes you just special, don't forget to wear your helmet when you go outside.

Alk, you are severely exaggerating the INTs. And you're severely overrating Chad. Yes, it might be true that Chad won't throw an INT, but it's equally true that he won't throw a TD, and in fact, won't throw much of anything at all. It's kind of tough to throw INTs when you are just dinking and dunking.

Yet, his TD to INT ratio is still worse than Favre's, who has the most INTs in league history. But don't let that fool you, that INT amount actually isn't that big of a deal because of how long he has been playing and how much he airs it out, and of course the yardage and TD totals. Let's put it this way, Chad Pennington is a lot closer to Favre's INT total than his TD total. Many QBs are closer to Favre's INT total than TD total.

And like others have said, a lot of Favre's INTs are harmless. It's 3rd and 20 and you're on your own 30. Do you run the draw, throw the screen, or throw a pass that you know will be short, or do you just throw it deep? If you throw it deep and it gets picked off, it's basically a punt, and not only is your field position now pretty good, but you've completely eliminated the chances of a punt return or punt block or other screw up. A surprising number of Favre's INTs are due to that, and I personally would much rather have that than a guy that will throw the ball 8 yards on 3rd and 10.

He's 7' 2'' and 137lb's soaking wet with change in his pockets. he's Puerto Rico's version of Manute Bol.

:rl:

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

Regardless, it is worth a shot with many of the other issues on the team supposedly fixed during the winter. I think you knew that already though.

Also, you can't NOW claim to have been worried when playing against Chad in the past simply because you are trying to piss on the Farve trade.

Regardless, it is worth a shot with many of the other issues on the team supposedly fixed during the winter. I think you knew that already though.

If Favre sucks it costs us a 4th rounder, so what? ;)

The Jets had no choice, this was a no brainer. and he puts a hell of a lot more fear in our opponents than Pennington or Clemens did.

If Favre sucks it costs us a 4th rounder, so what? ;)

The Jets had no choice, this was a no brainer. and he puts a hell of a lot more fear in our opponents than Pennington or Clemens did.

Absolutely and I loved Chad. I just get a kick out of Alk trying to find a negative in it.

lmao, ;)

I'm only 6'3''... thanks. You're saying that brett favre is going to throw and is more prone to throw pick 6's than chad pennington. That makes you just special, don't forget to wear your helmet when you go outside.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Up until last season Pennington has been one of the best at avoiding bad INTs. Favre? Not so much. Surely you watched the NFC Championship game last season. I think he nearly blew the game against Seattle too but his defense bailed him out. I'm not saying he's horrible but he is very prone to some real boneheaded plays that tend to completely negate what he has done the entire game. Now then, do you have my helmet?

Absolutely and I loved Chad. I just get a kick out of Alk trying to find a negative in it.

I wasn't trying to find a negative in it just a question. I heard it mentioned on the radio this afternoon and found it kind of interesting so I figured I would run it by you guys. Obviously I was wrong and there is absolutely no way that last season was a fluke even though the guy is almost 39 years old. Carry on.

Archived