Will the real Brett Favre please stand up.

Alk

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Up until last season Pennington has been one of the best at avoiding bad INTs. Favre? Not so much. Surely you watched the NFC Championship game last season. I think he nearly blew the game against Seattle too but his defense bailed him out. I'm not saying he's horrible but he is very prone to some real boneheaded plays that tend to completely negate what he has done the entire game. Now then, do you have my helmet?

And what about Pennington? I'm sure you remember the stupid lateral? Or maybe the throw to Urlacher? Or how about the random chuck when he is being pressured? Those aren't boneheaded?

And what about Pennington? I'm sure you remember the stupid lateral? Or maybe the throw to Urlacher? Or how about the random chuck when he is being pressured? Those aren't boneheaded?

Wasn't that last season? I did say that he made some really dumb plays last season. Before that he was one of the best at being careful with the ball.

Wasn't that last season? I did say that he made some really dumb plays last season. Before that he was one of the best at being careful with the ball.

No, these were all 2 seasons ago.

Last season was the pick 6 every week season. The season before and every season before that was the pick against any decent defense.

I wasn't trying to find a negative in it just a question. I heard it mentioned on the radio this afternoon and found it kind of interesting so I figured I would run it by you guys. Obviously I was wrong and there is absolutely no way that last season was a fluke even though the guy is almost 39 years old. Carry on.

No you are correct in that he could have a 20 TD - 20 INT season but the team would still be better in that you now have to defend both the ground and the air attack.

Plus the odds of him duplicating last year are better than Chad having that type season 2x removed from shoulder surgeries. No risk deal.

That is a misconception about him, he has made those moronic plays his whole career. He may have made more of them last season, but he has always made those stupid plays that make me want to cry. Pennington is the king of 4th quarter pick 6 INT's. It's not even the same level.

So as I was reading all of these posts proclaiming a 4,000 yd. 35 TD Super Bowl MVP type season I started wondering if there was something I was missing. Or was everyone overlooking the seasons before last. Prior to last season there is no arguing that Favre was on decline. Then last season rolls around and everyone wants to forget about the past. The question is was last season just an anomoly and he'll revert back to the Favre from the two seasons before or will he go out in a blaze of glory.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

This is why people hate on Patzie trolls.

So as I was reading all of these posts proclaiming a 4,000 yd. 35 TD Super Bowl MVP type season I started wondering if there was something I was missing. Or was everyone overlooking the seasons before last. Prior to last season there is no arguing that Favre was on decline. Then last season rolls around and everyone wants to forget about the past. The question is was last season just an anomoly and he'll revert back to the Favre from the two seasons before or will he go out in a blaze of glory.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

It would be more logical to expect him to repeat, not revert. I think last year he was more of a system QB than he has been. Thus, fewer INTs. That, and good protection. I hope he is the same this year. With his arm, we might actually be able to determine what kind of OC Shott really is.

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

I remember be4 last year alot of NFL Football fans were saying Bret should of retired years ago , then had one of the best years of his career last year. Some football fans thought that was a little suspecious , Parcells was insinuating the same thing on the air last year. I don't know what favre is going to show , what i do know is that he's going to be 39 in a few months

Why? Because they ask logical questions that Jets fans don't want to hear?

Here's a logical question? How can you continue to root for a a franchise that you KNOW is a complete fraud and never legitimately won any of their supposed success?

InternetToughGuy.jpg

I'll be sitting with 124 for the chiefs game, why don't you stop by and say hello. ;)

We'll discuss football... I'll bring up actually football points and football discussion and you'll attack my character because you haven't a leg to stand on in a actual real football debate. You're a ****ing troll plain and simple.

P.S. I'm not a powerlifter I'm a C.I.A. trained assasin.. that ****ty collin ferrel movie with al pachino was about my life even though I was only 17 when it came out. I was a prodigy. I also invented the internets.

I'll be sitting with 124 for the chiefs game, why don't you stop by and say hello. ;)

We'll discuss football... I'll bring up actually football points and football discussion and you'll attack my character because you haven't a leg to stand on in a actual real football debate. You're a ****ing troll plain and simple.

P.S. I'm not a powerlifter I'm a C.I.A. trained assasin.. that ****ty collin ferrel movie with al pachino was about my life even though I was only 17 when it came out. I was a prodigy. I also invented the internets.

OOOH, HAHA:yawn:

Is 124 your Poppa or big brother? I aint going to NJ this year for the NE game or to watch the Chiefs. But, I will be in Indy on 11/2 to watch two real NFL teams play. Bring your big football debating axx down there.

Christ Alk, do you actually believe that Favre is not an upgrade over Pennington? I'm not a fan of the Jets either but geez this thread wreaks of Favre jealousy, buddy. Not to cut u down or anything, but damn this discussion need'nt take place.

There's nothing wrong with a bold gunslinger QB. His INT's are at least aggressive INT's. And you won't catch him dead dwelling on a bad pass. You can see it all over Pennington after he makes a mistake.

Christ Alk, do you actually believe that Favre is not an upgrade over Pennington? I'm not a fan of the Jets either but geez this thread wreaks of Favre jealousy, buddy. Not to cut u down or anything, but damn this discussion need'nt take place.

There's nothing wrong with a bold gunslinger QB. His INT's are at least aggressive INT's. And you won't catch him dead dwelling on a bad pass. You can see it all over Pennington after he makes a mistake.

Alk brought up a good point but as a Pats fan he was destined to be destroyed in this thread. Favre is an obvious upgrade, but his 2005 & 2006 seasons were horrible.

Jets fans don't want to address those seasons.

He is most definately an upgrade over Pennington. That being said he isn't a savior either. He'll maybe add one more win than what they would have had without him. I don't know why you would think I would be jealous of Favre when at this point in their careers Brady is much better. I had had it with Favre from the minute he said he wished he hadn't retired. He's washed up. Last season was an anomoly IMO and truth be told, I don't think he even wants to be a Jet. He showed his a$$ by showing up for camp knowing he wouldn't be a Packer and was too bullheaded to back down. I'm looking forward to week two though make no mistake.

Alk brought up a good point but as a Pats fan he was destined to be destroyed in this thread. Favre is an obvious upgrade, but his 2005 & 2006 seasons were horrible.

Jets fans don't want to address those seasons.

Well like i said, i like Alk and don't wanna bash him but i read some posts where it seems he thinks Favre is not much upgrade over Pennington. BTW, you and he are two of the most likeable pats fans i've talked to.

Think about it this way.... If your team were in the same position as the Jets have been as far as the QB position goes, and you guys landed a Brett Favre, would you really be concerned too much about those 2 seasons? At least the first few weeks i imagine you'd be just happy to have the upgrade?

He is most definately an upgrade over Pennington. That being said he isn't a savior either. He'll maybe add one more win than what they would have had without him. I don't know why you would think I would be jealous of Favre when at this point in their careers Brady is much better. I had had it with Favre from the minute he said he wished he hadn't retired. He's washed up. Last season was an anomoly IMO and truth be told, I don't think he even wants to be a Jet. He showed his a$$ by showing up for camp knowing he wouldn't be a Packer and was too bullheaded to back down. I'm looking forward to week two though make no mistake.

I guess we can agree to disagree then. I'm of the opinion that the pack wanted Brett to retire from the get go and move forward. I honestly believe he got that vibe from them and kinda rushed to judgement on retiring. Then i believe he thought to himself 'well if they wanna move forward, fine, i wanna move forward as well and i still want to enjoy playing the game anyways'.

But Brett himself even said both parties are probably to blame for the split, so your points are definately valid.

Well like i said, i like Alk and don't wanna bash him but i read some posts where it seems he thinks Favre is not much upgrade over Pennington. BTW, you and he are two of the most likeable pats fans i've talked to.

Think about it this way.... If your team were in the same position as the Jets have been as far as the QB position goes, and you guys landed a Brett Favre, would you really be concerned too much about those 2 seasons? At least the first few weeks i imagine you'd be just happy to have the upgrade?

I can't say how I would feel if my team was lousy and he was coming to save the day. As an outside observer though I see a soon to be 39 year old QB who had two atrocious seasons followed by a good one. At that age I can't see how things are going to get better or even stay as good.

I can't say how I would feel if my team was lousy and he was coming to save the day. As an outside observer though I see a soon to be 39 year old QB who had two atrocious seasons followed by a good one. At that age I can't see how things are going to get better or even stay as good.

I'll tell ya this much. Most everyone thinks the brownies are set with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, but i have no fear of those guys. Now had they added Favre? Oh yea i'd at least be scared this year. lol

The funny thing is that most Jets fans think Big Ben is a piece of garbage. As much as I don't like the Steelers (no offence!) Ben is a very, very good QB.

Here is Alk's original post:

2005 20 TD 29 INT

2006 18 TD 18 INT

Is there anything wrong with that?

The funny thing is that most Jets fans think Big Ben is a piece of garbage. As much as I don't like the Steelers (no offence!) Ben is a very, very good QB.

Here is Alk's original post:

Is there anything wrong with that?

I read his original post along with a few others. I still think i wouldn't be concerned at all with those 2 seasons. Alot of variables goes into a QB's success rate and stats are sometimes mis-leading. Hell, Big Ben throws his share of picks and he had a bad year a couple years ago. That still doesn't bother most us Steeler fans because we know we got a franchise QB and with him comes a chance to win every game he plays.

Hey the only Jets fan i know of that hates Ben is 124.... We all know to pay him no mind! LOL

I read his original post along with a few others. I still think i wouldn't be concerned at all with those 2 seasons. Alot of variables goes into a QB's success rate and stats are sometimes mis-leading. Hell, Big Ben throws his share of picks and he had a bad year a couple years ago. That still doesn't bother most us Steeler fans because we know we got a franchise QB and with him comes a chance to win every game he plays.

Hey the only Jets fan i know of that hates Ben is 124.... We all know to pay him no mind! LOL

I know 124 has no love for Ben but he has had a hard on for Favre his whole life so I have no issues with him when he was ejaculating over the Favre move.

I didn't include Ben in the below analysis as he hasn't been a starting QB for the last 7 seasons.

Brady: 112 games, 26730 YDS, 197 TD, 86 INT. 86-24 as a starter.

Manning: 112 games, 29442 YDS, 216 TD, 120 INT. 66-46 as a starter.

Favre: 112 games, 26903 YDS, 183 TD, 116 INT. 74-35 as a starter.

Brady: 2001-2007

Manning: 1998-2004

Favre: 1992-1998

Favre will turn 39 on October 10th. He will be 3 years older than I am as I turn 36 on October 9th.

Archived