Has the acquisition of Favre changed your mind on the psls?

SeniorFlaJet

The last few days there have been articles stating that Favre coming in the Jets

will ease the pain for Jet fans when the psl's bills come out later this month.

More than a few season ticket holders on here were stating prior to Favre coming to the

Jets that they would not spend the money on the psl's.

For argument sake lets assume that the Jet psl's are comparable to the Giants.

If you think that will be over the line as far as you are willing to pay I can't see anyone

thinking that getting Favre will change anyone's mind.

Also its a stretch to think that he will still be on the team in 2010 when the stadium opens.

Winning a super bowl changes my mind..as of now it is almost 40 years...Sure I am excited about Brett and that is great but he does not a guarantee a championship. The Giants have won 3 since I have been alive. The PSLs suck and if they dare charge more than the Gints they can screw themselves..

Winning a super bowl changes my mind..as of now it is almost 40 years...Sure I am excited about Brett and that is great but he does not a guarantee a championship. The Giants have won 3 since I have been alive. The PSLs suck and if they dare charge more than the Gints they can screw themselves..

I hate to use Mike Lupica as a source but he said in his colomn the other day that the Jets PSL according to his circles will be higher then the Giants:sign0084:

I hate to use Mike Lupica as a source but he said in his colomn the other day that the Jets PSL according to his circles will be higher then the Giants:sign0084:

If that is true, then Woody has cojones the size of a beach ball. I'm sure the PSL letter will mention Brett Favre but this team needs to win big time in order to justify ANY PSL. If the PSL's are priced higher than the Giants, then I am done after 24 years, strictly on principle.

If that is true, then Woody has cojones the size of a beach ball. I'm sure the PSL letter will mention Brett Favre but this team needs to win big time in order to justify ANY PSL. If the PSL's are priced higher than the Giants, then I am done after 24 years, strictly on principle.

I was using the calculator on the Giants site the other day. http://nyg2010.com/

Right now I sit in Mezz B. $7,500 PSL per seat with a $400 price tag per ticket? LOL. My seat now costs $115. I have a view in front of me of the end zone.

There is no way I can renew.

If there is a way I could get decent seats in the uppers I would think about doing that. If the Jets charge one penny more than the Giants, I won't.

Yes Woody has more debt because he has the team. That isn't my problem.

I wonder if that was the same source saying that every ticket would be $5,000.

A lot of sources, very little fact.

I too cannot imagine the Jets asking for $.01 more than the Giants (maybe if they spread it around, PSLs higher in the uppers, lower in the bottoms).

Do I think that all this spending in the off season is, in a small way, helping to east the PSL punch? Yes, I do. Not planned that to a T but I am sure they have had the thought "If we bring in Favre and get the fans excited, it will help ease this big PSL thing we are about to do to them" (and it will).

BZ

I would be shocked it the total amount collected from the Jets PSLs was not higher than the Giants. I think they will release a plan that shows some benefits to the Jets fans, a lot of seats being the same or close (uppers) and they will sneak in some increases (prime lower).

The total amount for the Jets will be higher. I would bet money on it. If they were doing the same as the Giants they would be no reason to hold off on announcing it.

NOTHING the NYJETS do will change my mind about the PSLs not any player and not even winning a Super Bowl.Are we as fans and those that are season ticket holders entitled to a refund for sub par football since 1969.

My guess is Woody Johnson is thinking this way I know im not. I will buy my tickets from online agencies pay a higher price per game but not be contractually obligated or have money held hostage by the NYJETS.

I wonder if that was the same source saying that every ticket would be $5,000.

A lot of sources, very little fact.

I too cannot imagine the Jets asking for $.01 more than the Giants (maybe if they spread it around, PSLs higher in the uppers, lower in the bottoms).

Do I think that all this spending in the off season is, in a small way, helping to east the PSL punch? Yes, I do. Not planned that to a T but I am sure they have had the thought "If we bring in Favre and get the fans excited, it will help ease this big PSL thing we are about to do to them" (and it will).

BZ

Woody is a business man, nothing more, nothing less. When he walks around the parking lot on game day waiving, & shaking hands with the fans it is the same as the "big boss" walking aroung a J&J plant waiving & talking to the workers.

All the money the Jets spent on free agents was good, however, the main reason this money was spent was because of the PSL's. Woody wants EVERY PSL sold! If you do the math. conservatively & using an average of $5,000 PSL for each seat, with a capacity of 50,000 (It's a lot more then that) That comes out to $250,000,000! For every 1000 seats over the estimate, it would be another $5,000,000!

I used to live in NJ & now I live in SW Florida & I'm glad I don't have to make the decision to pay the PSL.

One other thing, usually when you buy a PSL, you own it & can sell it someday. Is there any truth to the rumor that if you fail to purchase the season ticket package any year, it becomes the property of the JETS?

No it still hasn`t changed my mind . I am still ok with a PSL ,I Just am NOT OK with the amounts (A) I think the highest PSL should be no more then $5,000 & those should be the coachs club area. my area in section 105 should be $2,500 for my 4 tickets thats $10,000 I need to come up with it`s not like I am asking for the new stadium for nothing and I believe what ever the amount a season ticket holder has to pay lets say mine were $10,000 $2,500 X 4 tix. Woody should give fans an avg. of $2,500 a year interest free per year to pay these things off ,so if I have 4 tix at 2,500 ,I should get 4 years interest free to pay them off ,the $5,000 coachs club area should get 10 years interest free to pay it off and it Woody is gonna rape the coachs club area at that $20,000 rate then I think the fans should get 8 years interest free...thats my humble opinion.

No it still hasn`t changed my mind . I am still ok with a PSL ,I Just am NOT OK with the amounts (A) I think the highest PSL should be no more then $5,000 & those should be the coachs club area. my area in section 105 should be $2,500 for my 4 tickets thats $10,000 I need to come up with it`s not like I am asking for the new stadium for nothing and I believe what ever the amount a season ticket holder has to pay lets say mine were $10,000 $2,500 X 4 tix. Woody should give fans an avg. of $2,500 a year interest free per year to pay these things off ,so if I have 4 tix at 2,500 ,I should get 4 years interest free to pay them off ,the $5,000 coachs club area should get 10 years interest free to pay it off and it Woody is gonna rape the coachs club area at that $20,000 rate then I think the fans should get 8 years interest free...thats my humble opinion.

Dear joisey,

Thank for your input. Now pull your pants down and bend over so that I can give you my input.

Sincerely,

Woody

I was using the calculator on the Giants site the other day. http://nyg2010.com/

Right now I sit in Mezz B. $7,500 PSL per seat with a $400 price tag per ticket? LOL. My seat now costs $115. I have a view in front of me of the end zone.

If there is a way I could get decent seats in the uppers I would think about doing that. If the Jets charge one penny more than the Giants, I won't.

I like that the sideline upper deck seats are 1k per seat too. That makes it possible to get a decent seat for 1k per PSL...

I like that the sideline upper deck seats are 1k per seat too. That makes it possible to get a decent seat for 1k per PSL...

Yes. I wish I still had mine, gave them up years ago for an upgrade to the Mezz.

No because either way I will be losing my seats in Section 124. Cannot come up with 10 Grand (5 Grand a seat) like its nothing. Going to have to hope my name comes up on the waiting list for two 300 level seats for 2 Grand (1 Grand a seat).

I gave up my mezzanine seats this year and kept my seats in the lower end zone, partially in anticipation of the royal fleecing on the horizon. Now that may be a general admission area, doh!!!. I would also like to move to a nice upper level seat (low row, towards the middle like everybody else) but I have no idea how they will work that whole mess out. I guess we will know very soon.

No because either way I will be losing my seats in Section 124. Cannot come up with 10 Grand (5 Grand a seat) like its nothing. Going to have to hope my name comes up on the waiting list for two 300 level seats for 2 Grand (1 Grand a seat).

I'll bet they will let you move back from your 124 seats if you can't afford them.

I can assure you that there are two seats that will become available in Section 309 after next season. It's a damn shame that NFL owners feel that the fans need to pay for a "privately funded" stadium. We didn't ask for this!!! Now, maybe - just maybe - I would have paid a PSL if they were able to get the stadium on the West Side. At least it would have been our own AND in NY. Something I have wanted for 30 years!

I'll bet they will let you move back from your 124 seats if you can't afford them.

My seats are not owned by me. The seats I have are owned by a company. My old man is friends with the owner of the company and we receiver two of the six seats and one Parking Pass each year since 1998. They will not give $30,000 just to have the right for the Jets tickets (not big Football fans, just had them to give them away back in the day and now to sell since they cost a lot of money). The Jets and Giants also now will only let you transfer to family members.

I'm on the list around the 5,000 mark with more seats being placed in the new stadium, including the Upper Level, and more and more people will be giving up their seats. Maybe I'll have to spend a year or two at most buying every game from a ticket broker or friends. We'll see in time. For 2008, 124 is my home for a 11th straight year.

Quoting Lupica???? "His circles?" I frickin' love when scribes throw something out there and say "source" or "circle." Bull. Lupica has no circle.

However, if it is true (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) - Woody must think you are all retahded and drunk with Brett Favre Fever.

If thats true then I won't even buy season tickets if I'm offered 300 level seats for only $1,000 a seat. I will not pay more than Giants fans because that is wrong. They are the defending champions and have won three Super Bowls in the past 22 years. Us? We havn't seen anything in almost 40.

We should be paying less, but I will pay equal amount.

Archived