Fireman Ed: Activated From The PUP

Maxman

Hey, I already said the Patriots fans are pathetic too. Must be a East coast thing. :lol:

Well at least the uppers at the new stadium will be noisy. The people in the $25k seats will be worried about spilling their merlot if they clap their hands.

:rl: For real? Other team's fans have been able to organize a cheer on their own without one goofball holding their hands. I'm not even talking about Patriots fans because they suck out loud when it comes to making noise. The Chiefs fans managed to orchestrate the tomohawk chop without a conductor and it was much more complex. They actually had to make the sound and make hand motions at the same time.

Personally, I think the man is an egotistical maniac and I've heard a thing or two about his personal life that may or may not be true - but he does know how to get the crowd pumped up, and what's wrong with that? Nothing. I will say though - I wonder if this will be the same in new stadium. I suppose yes, with two jumbo screens on both sides of the new facility showing his face and act.....or maybe not? All I can reference is the new Gillette to the old Foxboro Stadium (the old dump I still hold dear to my heart). That sucker was LOUD!!!!!!!!! However, stadium set-up and the cushy club seats killed the deafening noise. Sad, really.

Personally, I think the man is an egotistical maniac and I've heard a thing or two about his personal life that may or may not be true - but he does know how to get the crowd pumped up, and what's wrong with that? Nothing. I will say though - I wonder if this will be the same in new stadium. I suppose yes, with two jumbo screens on both sides of the new facility showing his face and act.....or maybe not? All I can reference is the new Gillette to the old Foxboro Stadium (the old dump I still hold dear to my heart). That sucker was LOUD!!!!!!!!! However, stadium set-up and the cushy club seats killed the deafening noise. Sad, really.

The only noise in the old Foxboro stadium was the sound of the seats clattering every time people stood up.

My only concern is the long term: Ed won't live forever so I think a plan needs to be put in place so that we will always have the chant led by a fan. Maybe Ed should start taking applications for an apprentice he can groom.

Maybe they should get the guy who led the T.I.T.S. chant at Gate D. He's probably looking for more respectable work about now.

:rl: For real? Other team's fans have been able to organize a cheer on their own without one goofball holding their hands. I'm not even talking about Patriots fans because they suck out loud when it comes to making noise. The Chiefs fans managed to orchestrate the tomohawk chop without a conductor and it was much more complex. They actually had to make the sound and make hand motions at the same time.

As far as I know the Jets chant, being led by a single diehard fan, is a very unique thing in American sports. I would like that to continue, that is all.

You can't compare a generic thing like a tomahawk chop to what the Jets fans do on Sundays with Fireman Ed. It's special. And it's ok for you to be jealous, I understand.

The only noise in the old Foxboro stadium was the sound of the seats clattering every time people stood up.

No way man! Although the seats (long-ass bench, really) were cheap, ugly and not so comfy ......they were crazy loud! Thinking back .....everyone standing and stomping on the aluminum seats. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....it was awesome. Plastic doesn't make nearly as much noise as aluminum does. :)

No way man! Although the seats (long-ass bench, really) were cheap, ugly and not so comfy ......they were crazy loud! Thinking back .....everyone standing and stomping on the aluminum seats. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....it was awesome. Plastic doesn't make nearly as much noise as aluminum does. :)

The lower tier had those wooden seats that would spring closed when you stood up. The would close like a row of dominos.

Fireman Ed did not start the Jets chant. The chant was started at Shea Stadium and carried over to the Meadowlands by the upper deckers who eventually faded away and passed the mantel to Ed.

I never said he did. But he was the jackass in the lower level who stood up and did it when only the uppers were doing it. And he would do it week after week and most people ignored him, but he kept at it.

The losers last year gave up after one or two chants.

Thats all I give him credit for. He never gave up even when people ignored him.

I never said he did. But he was the jackass in the lower level who stood up and did it when only the uppers were doing it. And he would do it week after week and most people ignored him, but he kept at it.

The losers last year gave up after one or two chants.

Thats all I give him credit for. He never gave up even when people ignored him.

Yeah, and he sure does a great job leading the chant when our offense is trying to make the signal calls. :bag::bag::bag:

The Jets made a minor roster move today. They activated Ed Anzalone from the Physically Unable To Perform List. Ed, who missed the entire 2007 season, is the Fireman who typically leads the J E T S chant on game day.

Randy Lange provides more details in an article on NYJets.com:

Thank god Fireman Ed is back.

Now I can sleep well!!

Archived