The Rays

Gainzo

I cant recall ever seeing a team have so many come from behind wins in the 8th & 9th innings like the Rays have had this year. Its remarkable.

They have the best record in baseball at 84-51 with an unbelievable home record of 52-19. I heard on the radio today that they have only lost one series since the All-Star break.

Its not out of the realm of possibilty that they will finish with the best record in the AL. The Angels magic number is in single digits so I wouldn't be surprised to see them let up a little bit.

I thought the Rays would improve this season but I never would have thought they would be this good. Its crazy.

I cant recall ever seeing a team have so many come from behind wins in the 8th & 9th innings like the Rays have had this year. Its remarkable.

They have the best record in baseball at 84-51 with an unbelievable home record of 52-19. I heard on the radio today that they have only lost one series since the All-Star break.

Its not out of the realm of possibilty that they will finish with the best record in the AL. The Angels magic number is in single digits so I wouldn't be surprised to see them let up a little bit.

I thought the Rays would improve this season but I never would have thought they would be this good. Its crazy.

They haven't lost any since the break..they are 12-0-1 in series since the break.

Amazing that the Rays WILL beat out Bos and NY. Guess money dont buy you love, or divisions.

The Rays pitching is lights out. The Yankees lost Wang and have had plenty of other pitchers on the DL (not to mention the implosion of Hughes and Kennedy). The Sox have had their fare share of staring pitchers on the DL as well.

If the Rays win the AL East then good for them as they deserve it. Will they sell out that their playoff games? If they play the Twins its not going to happen.

If they play the Red Sox in the ALCS the "Trop" will be full of Sox fans.

It's nice to see tampa fans finally have something to cheer for, especially after spending all these years watching their expansion counterparts the D-Backs find success in the postseason.

They are the next big "come from nowhere" team. The White Sox did it in 05. The Tigers did it in 06. Now it's the Rays turn.

It's nice to see tampa fans finally have something to cheer for, especially after spending all these years watching their expansion counterparts the D-Backs find success in the postseason.

They are the next big "come from nowhere" team. The White Sox did it in 05. The Tigers did it in 06. Now it's the Rays turn.

The White Sox and Tigers have fans. The Rays? Not so much.

Chicago and Detroit fans also have teams that have been rooted in their respective cities since 1901. The Rays have been in the league for 11 years. Give it time and they will build a respectable fanbase. They haven't been around long enough for anyone to grow up rooting for them and passing on that team to their children like so many of us have in Detroit, New York, Boston, etc.

The Rays pitching is lights out. The Yankees lost Wang and have had plenty of other pitchers on the DL (not to mention the implosion of Hughes and Kennedy). The Sox have had their fare share of staring pitchers on the DL as well.

If the Rays win the AL East then good for them as they deserve it. Will they sell out that their playoff games? If they play the Twins its not going to happen.

If they play the Red Sox in the ALCS the "Trop" will be full of Sox fans.

They'll sell out their playoff games regardless of who they play IMO. Considering they've never even sniffed the arse of post season before large crowds should be a very safe bet.

The Rays fans will come out of the closet in droves just like the Marlins fans did in 97 and 03.

They are a young and exciting team who have put it together this year. We all thought that somewhere down the road they would hit that stretch where the wheels looked like they were coming off. It hasn't happened.

The Rays fans will come out of the closet in droves just like the Marlins fans did in 97 and 03.

They are a young and exciting team who have put it together this year. We all thought that somewhere down the road they would hit that stretch where the wheels looked like they were coming off. It hasn't happened.

Incredibily they are keeping it together without their two best players. They have also been without their closer for two or three DL stints. I liked Madden last year and he really as shown a lot as a manager this year dealing with the kids and the occassional Upton loafing.

I think the Yanks show up big this series but it is probably much too late. I read the other day that the Yanks were only 3 out of 1st when they got Nady, Bay and Pudge while the Rays lost Longoria, Crawford and Percival. Strange year.

Count me in that group. I kept waiting and waiting but I can now they look like they're for real.

Anyone watching tonight's game on ESPN? Since the Yankees are basically out of playoff contention the place is half full as the Yankees fans decided not to go.

The Rays only draw fans when they play the Red Sox or Yankees. They were also lucky to have a series with the Cubs this year.

The Rays average 21K at home. Take out the Sox, Yanks & Cubs games and the average would be around 14K.

Anyone watching tonight's game on ESPN? Since the Yankees are basically out of playoff contention the place is half full as the Yankees fans decided not to go.

The Rays only draw fans when they play the Red Sox or Yankees. They were also lucky to have a series with the Cubs this year.

The Rays average 21K at home. Take out the Sox, Yanks & Cubs games and the average would be around 14K.

That's just a shame for the team that they have.Nice job by the Skanks in winning tonite.

The Rays are the Rockies of 08. They will return to the crapper next year.

I dont think so. If they can keep the nucleus of the starting rotation they could be a contender for years to come. Dont forget they also have David Price in Durham primed for a call up.

Add him to the likes of Kazmir, Shields, Garza/Jackson and thats a nice staff.

What are you basing their demise on? The fact COL got hot last year at the right time? TB has been in 1st place practically the whole season.

I dont think so. If they can keep the nucleus of the starting rotation they could be a contender for years to come. Dont forget they also have David Price in Durham primed for a call up.

Add him to the likes of Kazmir, Shields, Garza/Jackson and thats a nice staff.

What are you basing their demise on? The fact COL got hot last year at the right time? TB has been in 1st place practically the whole season.

Excellent points. The Rays have been playing great ball all year, except for that hiccup right before the all-star break. They have outstanding young pitching and more to come. The Rockies can't touch that. You can't help but root for a team that loses probably their 2 best position players down the stretch and have not made any excuse in that regard whatsoever. Funny thing is the team that bitches and moans about injuries is doing their best to give their arch rivals the division.

Excellent points. The Rays have been playing great ball all year, except for that hiccup right before the all-star break. They have outstanding young pitching and more to come. The Rockies can't touch that. You can't help but root for a team that loses probably their 2 best position players down the stretch and have not made any excuse in that regard whatsoever. Funny thing is the team that bitches and moans about injuries is doing their best to give their arch rivals the division.

The Rays remind ALOT of the 91 Braves. Young talent, solid pitching and defense, and a knack for a come-from-behind win.

They did have a hiccup as you said, but they've made no excuses and continue to impress me.

Is there any way Joe Maddon doesn't win Coach of the Year?

Archived