Week 1 Shakes up the AFC

Maxman

Cannot believe the Bears are up on Indy by 9 at the half. Incredible.

Pittsburgh looks like the class of the AFC.

Pitt and the Bills, lol.

I guess they play the games on the field for a reason. Things chance quick.

Pitt and the Bills, lol.

I guess they play the games on the field for a reason. Things chance quick.

I think I'll give Indy, San Diego and Jacksonville more than one week though. New England if Brady does have a torn ACL is for sure done, but the other teams can bounce back rather quickly. Lots of teams have troubles some times in Week 1.

Make no mistake about it though, even without Brady and New England the Jets will have a strong challenge from Buffalo for the AFC East crown.

I think I'll give Indy, San Diego and Jacksonville more than one week though. New England if Brady does have a torn ACL is for sure done, but the other teams can bounce back rather quickly. Lots of teams have troubles some times in Week 1.

Make no mistake about it though, even without Brady and New England the Jets will have a strong challenge from Buffalo for the AFC East crown.

Agreed, I will give them 2 weeks. :)

Think about it. Jacksonville lost but then the Titans lose their QB to a sprained knee. San Diego lost at home, not the end of the world but that wouldn't have happened to the Marty Chargers of a few years ago.

We spent all offseason hearing that the Jets couldn't win in week 2 or 3. That they had to win in week one.

Now I am not saying they will win either of those games. But they both became more realistic possibilities after just 60 minutes of football.

Agreed, I will give them 2 weeks. :)

Think about it. Jacksonville lost but then the Titans lose their QB to a sprained knee. San Diego lost at home, not the end of the world but that wouldn't have happened to the Marty Chargers of a few years ago.

We spent all offseason hearing that the Jets couldn't win in week 2 or 3. That they had to win in week one.

Now I am not saying they will win either of those games. But they both became more realistic possibilities after just 60 minutes of football.

good post. you should post more often.

Wow, just wow.

When Indy closed the gap to 15-13 I thought they had it but now with two minutes to go and Chicago up 29-13, I just can't believe it. So many crazy things happening this Sunday in the AFC. The top four teams all go down while the "second tier" teams (Steelers, Bills & Jets) win. This is going to be one fun season, especially with Brady out and Cassel in for the Patriots. This makes them a .500 team.

1. Colts about to lose to the Bears. The Bears, seriously?

2. Chargers lose to the Panthers. Yeah. Really.

3. At home, Pats barely escape a loss to the Chiefs. Brady out for season. Wow.

4. The Titans take out Jacksonville. Not a big surprise, but still.

5. Cowboys slaughter the Browns. I expected a Cowboy win but the stunning thing about it is just how pitiful the Browns looked, a team that was expected to be a serious AFC contender this year didn't even belong on the field with Dallas today.

I know it's only week 1, and that one week doesn't mean anything much. But this week alone has shaken up my view of the playoff picture.

If it's true that Brady is out, and if their losses in the secondary hurt them as much as you'd expect then suddenly you have a Patriots team that goes from a guaranteed division winner to a hopeful playoff contender. Huge change.

The Colts looked totally lost tonight, against a Bears team that probably won't amount to much of anything.

The Chargers were not impressive, there's a big absence of defense and now to add on to that, we realize the kind of loss that Michael Turner really was.

Jacksonville did not look scary.

The Browns were downright awful.

And it doesn't get any easier for Cleveland. Next week they get Pittsburgh, albeit at home, on Sunday Night Football. The way the Steelers played today and the way Cleveland couldn't touch Romo, the Browns could be looking at an 0-2 record before they even hit the road.

Right now the class of the AFC looks to be the Steelers, Bills & Jets. Scary.

I'm sure Indianapolis, San Diego & Jacksonville will be back though. However, Jacksonville just doesn't scare me in the playoffs, 12-4 regular seasons be damned.

1. Colts about to lose to the Bears. The Bears, seriously?

2. Chargers lose to the Panthers. Yeah. Really.

3. At home, Pats barely escape a loss to the Chiefs. Brady out for season. Wow.

4. The Titans take out Jacksonville. Not a big surprise, but still.

5. Cowboys slaughter the Browns. I expected a Cowboy win but the stunning thing about it is just how pitiful the Browns looked, a team that was expected to be a serious AFC contender this year didn't even belong on the field with Dallas today.

I know it's only week 1, and that one week doesn't mean anything much. But this week alone has shaken up my view of the playoff picture.

If it's true that Brady is out, and if their losses in the secondary hurt them as much as you'd expect then suddenly you have a Patriots team that goes from a guaranteed division winner to a hopeful playoff contender. Huge change.

The Colts looked totally lost tonight, against a Bears team that probably won't amount to much of anything.

The Chargers were not impressive, there's a big absence of defense and now to add on to that, we realize the kind of loss that Michael Turner really was.

Jacksonville did not look scary.

The Browns were downright awful.

The Colts losing to the Bears is a surprise, but they'll be fine. Trust me.

Same applies to SD. I think Carolina are the real deal, SD started slow last season, expect them to come on strong sooner or later.

Pats are ****ed!!!

Jags lost to Tenn on opening day last season and still came back well. I wouldn't be too worried, they don't match up well vs the Titans like they do vs others. Again I think they'll be fine.

I'm not buying into the Browns hype machine, no defense at all and the offense really was pitiful today. Pittsburgh still the class of that division.

Teams that I was very impressed with today from the AFC:

Buffallo

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Also, like I said SD, Indy and Jax should turn it around. Denver and Oakland still have to play, one of those two could emerge, both teams have talented rodters.

Overall the only major story for me is the Pats, they are ****ed without Brady IMO and were fortunate to beat Kansas ****ing City at HOME! I think we should be able to beat the Matt Cassell led Pats at home this week. Will be very dissapointed if we don't.

I'm already buzzing for Week 2.

And it doesn't get any easier for Cleveland. Next week they get Pittsburgh, albeit at home, on Sunday Night Football. The way the Steelers played today and the way Cleveland couldn't touch Romo, the Browns could be looking at an 0-2 record before they even hit the road.

Right now the class of the AFC looks to be the Steelers, Bills & Jets. Scary.

I'm sure Indianapolis, San Diego & Jacksonville will be back though. However, Jacksonville just doesn't scare me in the playoffs, 12-4 regular seasons be damned.

I don't see how you can say the Jets yet to be honest. Maybe after next week but not now.

Hey stoic -- I merged this with the thread I started about the Colts, Chargers, Patriots and Jaguars.

We are basically saying the same thing! :) I left out the Browns. (Cause I thought they were gonna suck before today started).

The Colts losing to the Bears is a surprise, but they'll be fine. Trust me.

Same applies to SD. I think Carolina are the real deal, SD started slow last season, expect them to come on strong sooner or later.

Pats are ****ed!!!

Jags lost to Tenn on opening day last season and still came back well. I wouldn't be too worried, they don't match up well vs the Titans like they do vs others. Again I think they'll be fine.

I'm not buying into the Browns hype machine, no defense at all and the offense really was pitiful today. Pittsburgh still the class of that division.

Teams that I was very impressed with today from the AFC:

Buffallo

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Also, like I said SD, Indy and Jax should turn it around. Denver and Oakland still have to play, one of those two could emerge, both teams have talented rodters.

Overall the only major story for me is the Pats, they are ****ed without Brady IMO and were fortunate to beat Kansas ****ing City at HOME! I think we should be able to beat the Matt Cassell led Pats at home this week. Will be very dissapointed if we don't.

I'm already buzzing for Week 2.

Now we have a serious chance to beat the Pats next week and start off 2-0. We can probably win in week 4. All in all I'd say we might be looking at a 3-1 team before the bye. And, really, that's after what should have been the toughest part of the schedule for us (week 2-3) We can win 2 out of the next 3.

I don't see how you can say the Jets yet to be honest. Maybe after next week but not now.

Beating New England without Brady isn't going to prove anything really. Just taking a look at the depth on the roster and what the Jets overcame today to win was impressive. Brett Favre alone makes this team a contender.

Stick a fork in the Pats, they're done.

Hey stoic -- I merged this with the thread I started about the Colts, Chargers, Patriots and Jaguars.

We are basically saying the same thing! :) I left out the Browns. (Cause I thought they were gonna suck before today started).

Cool. Yeah, I just think it's interesting the way this week played out. I'm sure many people lost a lot of money...lol.

Beating New England without Brady isn't going to prove anything really. Just taking a look at the depth on the roster and what the Jets overcame today to win was impressive. Brett Favre alone makes this team a contender.

Stick a fork in the Pats, they're done.

If we do beat NE then it depends on how we beat them.

For example, if we struggle like we did today I'll still be far from convinced. If we blow them out of the water, you can bank on it that I'll start a 'Jets are going to the SB!!!' thread within 1 minute.:lol:

Wow, just wow.

When Indy closed the gap to 15-13 I thought they had it but now with two minutes to go and Chicago up 29-13, I just can't believe it. So many crazy things happening this Sunday in the AFC. The top four teams all go down while the "second tier" teams (Steelers, Bills & Jets) win. This is going to be one fun season, especially with Brady out and Cassel in for the Patriots. This makes them a .500 team.

Pats won today... But with Brady going down, I agree, doesn't really matter for all that much.

Cool. Yeah, I just think it's interesting the way this week played out. I'm sure many people lost a lot of money...lol.

I didn't. The Jets were my lock of the week. Put a 60 timer on them. Ooops did I just type that?

Archived