I like Randy Moss

drago

When he started off as a Viking and a bonafied Packer killer, i couldn't stand him. He was the guy that squirted water at officials, pretended to moon the crowd, hit a meter maid with his car, told his team that he "took plays off", the guy was a prick. A huge prick.

I was so pumped when he went to Oakland for a couple of reasons. One, i didn't have to watch him dismantle the Packers and two, he ended up being a colossal bust. He was a pot smoker who thought he was above the law.

As it stands now he plays for my least favorite team in the NFL but to his credit, he has turned into a pretty classy guy. A team like New England doesn't vote a half hearted loser captain for no reason.

I hate that he is on the Patriots and i hate that he is maybe the best receiver to ever put on a uniform but i love that he has seemingly made a 180 in his attitude. Maybe it's only because he's on a winner but i still give him props for changing his ways.

Meanwhile, I hope Rhodes tears his head off if he dares to come over the middle.

When he started off as a Viking and a bonafied Packer killer, i couldn't stand him. He was the guy that squirted water at officials, pretended to moon the crowd, hit a meter maid with his car, told his team that he "took plays off", the guy was a prick. A huge prick.

I was so pumped when he went to Oakland for a couple of reasons. One, i didn't have to watch him dismantle the Packers and two, he ended up being a colossal bust. He was a pot smoker who thought he was above the law.

As it stands now he plays for my least favorite team in the NFL but to his credit, he has turned into a pretty classy guy. A team like New England doesn't vote a half hearted loser captain for no reason.

I hate that he is on the Patriots and i hate that he is maybe the best receiver to ever put on a uniform but i love that he has seemingly made a 180 in his attitude. Maybe it's only because he's on a winner but i still give him props for changing his ways.

Meanwhile, I hope Rhodes tears his head off if he dares to come over the middle.

Randy Moss only started behaving good when he had Tom Brady as his QB. It's going to be interesting to see how he maintains his behavior with a below average QB.

I'm still not wild for the guy, but strongly support anyone trying to change themselves for the better. That's Randy Moss as a person - Randy Moss as a player could be the most talented guy ever paid to catch footballs. Randy Moss as a better person makes Randy Moss a better player.

Randy Moss only started behaving good when he had Tom Brady as his QB. It's going to be interesting to see how he maintains his behavior with a below average QB.

althought he was a hermit in oakland, he just kept to himself. I guess i sort of give him a pass in that scenerio, i can't imagine any playing going to Oakland and keeping a good attitude.

althought he was a hermit in oakland, he just kept to himself. I guess i sort of give him a pass in that scenerio, i can't imagine any playing going to Oakland and keeping a good attitude.

It wasn't only that, he just didn't try hard at all. He even said it, I only play when I want to or something like that? I don't remember.

I'm a huge Randy Moss fan but it's hard to cheer for him when he plays for the Pats.

it's easy to be a nice guy when things are going good. He has a poor rep when things don't go his way. If pats don't make the playoffs his mouth will roar with negativities

I don't think that will happen. Even if the pats start losing i think moss has sort of turned a corner and will try to lead by example.

It wasn't only that, he just didn't try hard at all. He even said it, I only play when I want to or something like that? I don't remember.

I'm a huge Randy Moss fan but it's hard to cheer for him when he plays for the Pats.

i always cheer for him to fail but he is a great player and had he been on the jets or packers i'd have loved to cheer for him. As it stands, i respect the guy for "seemingly", becoming a better person.

As a Pats fan he is the one I worry the most about.

But my understanding of the situation in Oakland is the rest of the team gave up first which pissed him off more than the losing. He was just obvious about it when he got fed up with the rest of the team.

In many ways this year more than last will define the legacy of Moss. If gives up he is a talented athlete that plays when he wants. If after the first loss he goes to the podium and says, "Hey I don't want anyone writing Cassel blew the game. That ball was catchable and well thrown. I should have caught it. I am the one who blew that game" We will know we truly have a new and improved Moss.

There were times last year when Brady called a pass poorly thrown, and Moss contracted him and said it was well thrown and dropped.

Time will tell.

As a Pats fan he is the one I worry the most about.

But my understanding of the situation in Oakland is the rest of the team gave up first which pissed him off more than the losing. He was just obvious about it when he got fed up with the rest of the team.

In many ways this year more than last will define the legacy of Moss. If gives up he is a talented athlete that plays when he wants. If after the first loss he goes to the podium and says, "Hey I don't want anyone writing Cassel blew the game. That ball was catchable and well thrown. I should have caught it. I am the one who blew that game" We will know we truly have a new and improved Moss.

There were times last year when Brady called a pass poorly thrown, and Moss contracted him and said it was well thrown and dropped.

Time will tell.

Some fellow Pats fans crack me up....Moss is your biggest worry? Because he "may" give up on the team.....well, he's saying all the right things so far, so, yes, time will tell. However, what should be everyone's worry is MATT CASSEL at center. Can we be real here for a moment. This kid hasn't started a game since high school. How does he react to exotic blitzes and funky defensive alignments? I have no idea - but if last's years Miami game is any indication - it's not good. The pressure is on the defense - and most significantly on the d-line so they can get as much pressure on the qb in order mask the inconsistencies with the DB's. Our d-line is comprised on 300 + guys....one of 'em is referred to as Wilfat here......so you telling me that if Cassel and Co produce a lot of three and outs....these big boys won't get tired? Yah, yah, they are pro athletes...the best of the best...skill and conditioning...but if the Offense is going to put them in a lot of scary field positions - c'mon. Moss is your biggest worry? Puuullleeeasse.......

Some fellow Pats fans crack me up....Moss is your biggest worry? Because he "may" give up on the team.....well, he's saying all the right things so far, so, yes, time will tell. However, what should be everyone's worry is MATT CASSEL at center. Can we be real here for a moment. This kid hasn't started a game since high school. How does he react to exotic blitzes and funky defensive alignments? I have no idea - but if last's years Miami game is any indication - it's not good. The pressure is on the defense - and most significantly on the d-line so they can get as much pressure on the qb in order mask the inconsistencies with the DB's. Our d-line is comprised on 300 + guys....one of 'em is referred to as Wilfat here......so you telling me that if Cassel and Co produce a lot of three and outs....these big boys won't get tired? Yah, yah, they are pro athletes...the best of the best...skill and conditioning...but if the Offense is going to put them in a lot of scary field positions - c'mon. Moss is your biggest worry? Puuullleeeasse.......

The pats have, IMO, the best D-line in football. If the jets wear them down by the third quater to where brett can stand with decent time and jones can get 4 yards or better on every carry, the game will end as a laugher.

i don't see that happening, but Cassell will play a huge role in how your D-line preforms.

Skill wise I am more worried about Cassel than Moss, yes.

But I have no worries about Cassel's work ethic or that he might give up. This kid spend 7 years preparing for games and every week held a clip board. It would not take long for me to start day dreaming in practice and not giving it my all.

But I have no worries about Cassel's work ethic or that he might give up. This kid spend 7 years preparing for games and every week held a clip board. It would not take long for me to start day dreaming in practice and not giving it my all.

I don't know about you, but if I was making oodles of cash holding a clipboard and "practicing" I'd be cool with things too. I'm not worried about his "giving up" either - never seen a QB who did (well, 'cept McNabb in the SB - all winded and pukey) - but I am worried that he will suck. If he sucks - all the work ethic in the world won't mean a thing to me. This is football - not special needs class.

I would like to nominate you as having the gayest sig in the history of mankind.

Fanboy.

You only like him because he's on your fantasy team and nobody will offer you a decent trade for him. I'm going to pretend I like Wes Welker for the same reasons.

Let's be clear here. i hate owning him on my FF roster. I just like that he isn't the same childish prick that he was when he entered the league. I'd trade him for Fitzgerald or Wayne straight up at this point...

He's been a backup through his entire career, how did he maintain to keep getting jobs as the #2 QB?

He's been a backup through his entire career, how did he maintain to keep getting jobs as the #2 QB?

Good question.

BB is a "gambler" of sorts. Studies everything. Looks at percentages. Looks at everything and takes a "low risk gamble." My guess is that he "gambled" that if Brady were to get injured - it would never be for a significant amount of time and I think he "gambled" that whomever he had could "manage" a game or two in his absence. Like all "gamblers" - sometimes you lose.

it's easy to be a nice guy when things are going good. He has a poor rep when things don't go his way. If pats don't make the playoffs his mouth will roar with negativities

I don't think that will happen. Even if the pats start losing i think moss has sort of turned a corner and will try to lead by example.

So what you are saying is that Randy Moss has stopped smoking weed and you have apparently been smoking it in large quantities

Good question.

BB is a "gambler" of sorts. Studies everything. Looks at percentages. Looks at everything and takes a "low risk gamble." My guess is that he "gambled" that if Brady were to get injured - it would never be for a significant amount of time and I think he "gambled" that whomever he had could "manage" a game or two in his absence. Like all "gamblers" - sometimes you lose.

Still TBD if BB loses this gamble. So far it has gone pretty well. Patriots did win the game. And Cassel looked pretty good doing it.

But to answer the question how did Cassel keep getting the job at #2, by being better than #3 and not quite as good as #1.

We know he is not as good as Brady. If he was drafted by the Colts he would have had zero chances of starting there as well. But we really don't know if he had landed in Buffalo if he would have beaten out Edwards and Losman. Or if he could beating out Pennington or a lot of other QB's that were named starters at the beginning of the season.

He is not Brady. But Brady is one of the best QBs of all time. You can be not as good as Brady and still be a significantly better than average QB.

And although like everyone BB has made some mistakes personnel wise, there having been many.

And BB is pretty ruthless. If he thought Cassel he would have cut him in a second.

So what you are saying is that Randy Moss has stopped smoking weed and you have apparently been smoking it in large quantities

never in large quantities. I stand by my statement. The pats will have their losses and moss will continue to play well and not be a turd.

Still TBD if BB loses this gamble. So far it has gone pretty well. Patriots did win the game. And Cassel looked pretty good doing it.

But to answer the question how did Cassel keep getting the job at #2, by being better than #3 and not quite as good as #1.

We know he is not as good as Brady. If he was drafted by the Colts he would have had zero chances of starting there as well. But we really don't know if he had landed in Buffalo if he would have beaten out Edwards and Losman. Or if he could beating out Pennington or a lot of other QB's that were named starters at the beginning of the season.

He is not Brady. But Brady is one of the best QBs of all time. You can be not as good as Brady and still be a significantly better than average QB.

And although like everyone BB has made some mistakes personnel wise, there having been many.

And BB is pretty ruthless. If he thought Cassel he would have cut him in a second.

So far so good? It's the first game of life without Brady - so I'll cut 'em some slack.....but so far so good? They beat KC - Hermie the Clown - by seven points. I'm not dancing a jig over that - unlike Jets fans dancing a jig over a 6 point victory against the 'phins - who, sorry folks, still kind of suck.

I like the enthusiasm, I really do and as I've told my Pats bud (my partner in crime for Pats games) I will be more than happy to eat a big heap of crow if I'm wrong.

Archived