Vince Young story takes a turn for the worse

Larz

Having a family member who cant kick the bottle and has an extreme battle with depression, I ask....dont be dick about this.

Seriously,nobody here knows what he's really going through.

you personaly know everyone here? And know they dont know what he's going through?

me, i say screw him, learn how to deal with like just like 6 billion other people.

Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I'd want to play football. I would not play the game for however many millions of dollars they would offer me to play a year(not that they are offering it) I'd want my life to have had greater significance and impact than just being famous as the dude who played a game for a living.

trust me, that ain't happenin.

Originally Posted by Arsis viewpost.gif

Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I'd want to play football. I would not play the game for however many millions of dollars they would offer me to play a year(not that they are offering it) I'd want my life to have had greater significance and impact than just being famous as the dude who played a game for a living.

You don't get my point at all. Depression of this extent is a mental illness, you make it sound easy to deal with but not all people can cope with the pressure. The sad thing is I think Vince genuinely does love playing football, there is definetely other issues off the field.

I have seen people who've suffered with depression and it's not easy to deal with.

You don't get my point at all. Depression of this extent is a mental illness, you make it sound easy to deal with but not all people can cope with the pressure. The sad thing is I think Vince genuinely does love playing football, there is definetely other issues off the field.

I have seen people who've suffered with depression and it's not easy to deal with.

And my point is that there are millions of people who have bigger problems than this guy. So why should anyone give a **** about him when he doesn't have it that bad. He has everything he needs to live and survive and function as a human being. If he is still unhappy and upset that only shows he is either weak or mentally ill. Either way he should shut up and get therapy and be on with his merry little existence.

And my point is that there are millions of people who have bigger problems than this guy. So why should anyone give a **** about him when he doesn't have it that bad. He has everything he needs to live and survive and function as a human being. If he is still unhappy and upset that only shows he is either weak or mentally ill. Either way he should shut up and get therapy and be on with his merry little existence.

you have never met a single person who was depressed, have you? a job, money, that crap doesn't matter. that isn't why someone is depressed.

i guess that really shows what is important to you, doesn't it.

GUESS WHAT YOU MORON, DEPRESSION IS A MENTAL PROBLEM. ITS NOT A MONEY PROBLEM.

i bet you are a real winner. idiot.

you have never met a single person who was depressed, have you? a job, money, that crap doesn't matter. that isn't why someone is depressed.

i guess that really shows what is important to you, doesn't it.

GUESS WHAT YOU MORON, DEPRESSION IS A MENTAL PROBLEM. ITS NOT A MONEY PROBLEM.

i bet you are a real winner. idiot.

Depression is a mental problem? Really? Thanks for the information, I would have never known that depression is mental, I always thought it was physical, like a toothache. I don't understand why you are talking about money, you quoted a post of mine that made no mention of money. You actually did not address anything that I said in the post that you quoted. Forgive me for not crying for Vince Young and his immense problems. I mean people booed him. He should definitely kill himself over that. Yup. I'm sorry but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. Also, you guys are way to coddling, what are we gonna damage someone's fragile self esteem and bruise his psyche if we call them out on their bull**** and say that they're being pussies and they don't have it that bad. You guys disgust me, put some of this caring and understanding and pity to the people that actually need help. Thousands of kids are dying of dehydration because they don't have clean drinking water. How many homeless people are on the streets in the city you live in without food and shelter? If you're this kind, caring and sensitive guy, why don't you go out and do what you can to help them. No perspective in life. Lets all cry over some bitch who got his little feelings hurt and bash someone who doesn't when we're all sitting comfortably on our fat asses while 75% of the world doesn't have even close to the quality of life we have. Real classy, no I mean it.

Depression is a mental problem? Really? Thanks for the information, I would have never known that depression is mental, I always thought it was physical, like a toothache. I don't understand why you are talking about money, you quoted a post of mine that made no mention of money. You actually did not address anything that I said in the post that you quoted. Forgive me for not crying for Vince Young and his immense problems. I mean people booed him. He should definitely kill himself over that. Yup. I'm sorry but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. Also, you guys are way to coddling, what are we gonna damage someone's fragile self esteem and bruise his psyche if we call them out on their bull**** and say that they're being pussies and they don't have it that bad. You guys disgust me, put some of this caring and understanding and pity to the people that actually need help. Thousands of kids are dying of dehydration because they don't have clean drinking water. How many homeless people are on the streets in the city you live in without food and shelter? If you're this kind, caring and sensitive guy, why don't you go out and do what you can to help them. No perspective in life. Lets all cry over some bitch who got his little feelings hurt and bash someone who doesn't when we're all sitting comfortably on our fat asses while 75% of the world doesn't have even close to the quality of life we have. Real classy, no I mean it.

look at the f'n moron children. now laugh at him.

everything you just said, goes against everything you "believe" in. if depression was about money, you are right, all the homeless people would be depressed, and all the rich (ya know, the people with no problems, like you said) would be happy go lucky. that isn't how it is, and never has been. the homeless, those with all the "problems" are not always depressed.

im so happy you know whats going on in vince young's head. can you get winning lottery numbers too? maybe then you wouldn't be so bitter, because ya know, you wouldn't have any problems anymore.

Arsis:

It would be nice if therapists could just tell all their well-to-do depressed clients that since they have much more than people who are not depressed, they are to cease and desist with this depression nonsense this instant. Upon which the client bounces off the couch and exclaims, "Golly, I never looked at it that way before, what was I thinking? Hell, I got it made-I think I'll throw a party!"

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Depression is a disease, rich and poor people alike die from it, and Vince Young seemed to manifest some of the symptoms to a trained professional.

What happens if we find Vince Young dead in a couple of days, will you still stick to your position that he had no right to be depressed?

From what I have learned in this thread I think that's exactly what he'll think.

I would think he was weak and that the gene pool is stronger for it. I'm sure you'll all cry about it, but that does not make it any less true. It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with actual real life problems. The kid really doesn't have many and needs to grow up and realize the real world sucks. Everyone has problems and the majority are probably worse off than he is in the problem department. He needs to stop being a self absorbed little prick and grow up. That is my opinion and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. Life sucks, wear a helmet.

I would think he was weak and that the gene pool is stronger for it. I'm sure you'll all cry about it, but that does not make it any less true. It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with actual real life problems. The kid really doesn't have many and needs to grow up and realize the real world sucks. Everyone has problems and the majority are probably worse off than he is in the problem department. He needs to stop being a self absorbed little prick and grow up. That is my opinion and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. Life sucks, wear a helmet.

So I think what you're suggesting here is that people can just decide they want to be depressed. If so, do you honestly think anyone would choose to live that way?

your right, the world can just hope that you get hit hard enough that the helmet doesn't make a difference.

you obviously know nothing about depression and/or mental problems. your lucky, you should be happy with that, but no, still bitter.

because he is a f'n idiot. thats why.

You keep making personal attacks and insults on my intelligence while saying I know nothing but without saying anything of substance yourself. You made no attempts to express a point or a fact of some sort. You don't even have a discernible position except that I am a moron for not prescribing to societal accepted ideas and values regarding the subjects. I'm sorry if I don't feel bad and cry for everyone who says that their life is rotten and they feel melancholy. The truth is the great majority of human beings are going to feel depressed at least one time in their lives. It takes a strong human being to face and deal with their problems and it takes a weak one to whine and cry about suicide. Especially if you don't even have much to whine and cry about. Vince Young is a bitch if he is talking about suicide because he doesn't enjoy his job. Who actually likes their job?

You keep making personal attacks and insults on my intelligence while saying I know nothing but without saying anything of substance yourself. You made no attempts to express a point or a fact of some sort. You don't even have a discernible position except that I am a moron for not prescribing to societal accepted ideas and values regarding the subjects. I'm sorry if I don't feel bad and cry for everyone who says that their life is rotten and they feel melancholy. The truth is the great majority of human beings are going to feel depressed at least one time in their lives. It takes a strong human being to face and deal with their problems and it takes a weak one to whine and cry about suicide. Especially if you don't even have much to whine and cry about. Vince Young is a bitch if he is talking about suicide because he doesn't enjoy his job. Who actually likes their job?

hey mental problem,

in all honesty, you are making a personal attack against vince young in this piece of "writing" you have done. so i guess you are just a hypocrate too, along with being an idiot. really, you are the one bitching. he isn't bitching in public about not wanting to play. so really, you are the bitch.

also, there is a difference between feeling depressed and being depressed. again, you must have no experience with depression or you wouldn't have such assinine thoughts.

on top of that, you said that football was just a game, not a job.

on top of that, tons of people like their jobs. i love getting up and going to work everyday. maybe you just have a sh!tty job.

and yes, you are right, you are a moron.

hey mental problem,

in all honesty, you are making a personal attack against vince young in this piece of "writing" you have done. so i guess you are just a hypocrate too, along with being an idiot. really, you are the one bitching. he isn't bitching in public about not wanting to play. so really, you are the bitch.

also, there is a difference between feeling depressed and being depressed. again, you must have no experience with depression or you wouldn't have such assinine thoughts.

on top of that, you said that football was just a game, not a job.

on top of that, tons of people like their jobs. i love getting up and going to work everyday. maybe you just have a sh!tty job.

and yes, you are right, you are a moron.

Again, you have absolutely no point to make. So I'm just going to go ahead of troll you. Survival of the fittest and pouring a little bleach into the gene pool is never a bad thing. I enjoy my job, I work with the mentally ill and retarded communities. Nothing better than helping another human being live a better quality of life.

Originally posted by: nyjetsjetsjets

hey mental problem,

in all honesty, you are making a personal attack against vince young

and yes, you are right, you are a moron.[/quote]

Just want to let you know there are rules on this board about personal attacks on other posters. There are no such rules about attacks on opposing players.

I am not a moderator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Archived