A Hard Dose Of Reality - This Team Isn't That Good

The Gun Of Bavaria

I haven't been this disappointed and heartbroken since AJ Duhe intercepted that pass in '82.

I have also never hated the effin Gheytriots more. Those jerks win all the time, regardless of their personnel.

The Jets just don't get it. They won't build depth. They won't get creative with their offense. They won't overcome mistakes.

We suck. WE just suck.

:bag:

some time during the game i heard one of the announcers mentioning that favre said something about there's apoint where you use all this motion and crap and you don't let the football players just line up and use their instincts. schottenheimer needs to freaking go. there is just no reason for this offense to look so bad. we have good players, the coaching staff is to blame now.

IDK, but if both guys are looking back for the ball, 9/10 times it goes to the offense. Watch this season the same type of play will go the Pats way this year, Moss gets tangled up with a DB and it goes the Pats way.....I bet anyone here, same thing happened last year in the last meeting against the Pats. Call me a 'homer' or whatever, you'll see. IT WAS BOGUS! Cotch did NOT drag him to the ground. Both were looking back @ the ball.

well it was helmet to helmet.....it's a p*ssy rule but it is what it is.

This threw me over the top, there was like 2 plays in the 3rd when they threw Favre to the ground after he threw the ball, it was ridiculous. I'm not surprised though.

IDK, but if both guys are looking back for the ball, 9/10 times it goes to the offense. Watch this season the same type of play will go the Pats way this year, Moss gets tangled up with a DB and it goes the Pats way.....I bet anyone here, same thing happened last year in the last meeting against the Pats. Call me a 'homer' or whatever, you'll see. IT WAS BOGUS! Cotch did NOT drag him to the ground. Both were looking back @ the ball.

They called PI against the offense just last week on the Revis INT, which wasn't even nearly as bad as what Cotch did this week.

They called PI against the offense just last week on the Revis INT, which wasn't even nearly as bad as what Cotch did this week.

Are you serious man? They were both looking for the ball? He didn't throw anyone to the ground, bogus.....just bogus.

Are you serious man? They were both looking for the ball? He didn't throw anyone to the ground, bogus.....just bogus.

Just because you look for the ball doesn't mean you can interfere with the other person. The defender has an equal right to the ball when they're looking for it. That's why Ginn (I think it was) was flagged for PI against Revis. Revis boxed him out and had position, Ginn fought against Revis for it and grabbed his arm. On the Cotch play, Neal had position, and Cotch just grabbed him and managed to knock him down, and then make the catch.

Either way, its PI dude. Let it go. That's not why we lost anyway. We gotta get better. We will, I hope...I think.

Just because you look for the ball doesn't mean you can interfere with the other person. The defender has an equal right to the ball when they're looking for it. That's why Ginn (I think it was) was flagged for PI against Revis. Revis boxed him out and had position, Ginn fought against Revis for it and grabbed his arm. On the Cotch play, Neal had position, and Cotch just grabbed him and managed to knock him down, and then make the catch.

Either way, its PI dude. Let it go. That's not why we lost anyway. We gotta get better. We will, I hope...I think.

I agree, nothing you can do, but if I see Moss fighting for a ball, and doesn't get the PI, be sure to get a PM from me. Cotch did NOT knock the guy down, but until I have prove I'lll won't speak of this. It was bougus and it killed us in the 3rd while we were driving, I'm sorry.

Farve wasn't a bright spot, at least not from what I could see in the upper deck. The int was on him. More importantly--he had recievers running wide open on several occasions and never let the ball go. I think his playbook uncertainty is really strangling his instincts at this point. Too tentative, not sure of the routes. His stats are decent but it was what he didn't do that told the story. Cotch was so wide open on one play, half the stadium was yelling and pointing at him while Brett dumped it off for four yards underneath. That one killed me.

Farve wasn't a bright spot, at least not from what I could see in the upper deck. The int was on him. More importantly--he had recievers running wide open on several occasions and never let the ball go. I think his playbook uncertainty is really strangling his instincts at this point. Too tentative, not sure of the routes. His stats are decent but it was what he didn't do that told the story. Cotch was so wide open on one play, half the stadium was yelling and pointing at him while Brett dumped it off for four yards underneath. That one killed me.

i guess i'll have to take your word for it. we don't see that on tv. but brett did make alot happen with his instincts on a few occasions. the intereption is what it is...every qn throws them...on ein a game isn't much to get up in arms about. it's when they throw 3 or 4 that you get pissed off.

PROBLEM 1: The Oline played decent but we need to realize something. This Oline is not great, nor will it be great. Sure the Jets ran for 100 yards. But I never get the feeling the oline can get a big push when they need to.

PROBLEM 2:

We have a serious lack of play makers on offense. We have solid players but no true game breakers.

The defense (which looks absolutely legit) and easy schedule should afford us a shot at 10 wins. But I dont have confidence in our offense against top defenses.

PROBLEM 1: The Oline played decent but we need to realize something. This Oline is not great, nor will it be great. Sure the Jets ran for 100 yards. But I never get the feeling the oline can get a big push when they need to.

PROBLEM 2:

We have a serious lack of play makers on offense. We have solid players but no true game breakers.

The defense (which looks absolutely legit) and easy schedule should afford us a shot at 10 wins. But I dont have confidence in our offense against top defenses.

they should just let brett start calling his own plays. schottenheimer is a nut gobbling idiot,

PROBLEM 2:

#1 The Pats D-line is still nothng to sneeze at.. But Agree there were few gaping holes--Schotty underused Washington here. He was making plays early on and has the explosiveness to freeze backers and make them chase. Jones is a guy that's more easily attcked.

#2 See: #1 Also--IMO this should have been the Washington, Baker and Keller show. No reason those creaky backers should have been allowed to keep coming forward without paying for it.

#3 Word is bond. Its all about exploiting matchups.

Anyone jumping ship after a game were the jets lost because of 2 calls is a moron. The jets are only gonna get better.

No jumping ship--just critiques. We played a very sloppy, undisciplined game. Pats played in their typical, organized and disciplined fashion. We may improve, but only if the players killing our drives with bonehead mistakes are held accountable. And that will mean more that simple penalty laps at practice. You screw up, you sit down a while. We will not get better if we don't hold players accountable.

No way 3rd Qtr we were driving, the phantom PI killed us. The holding (Woody) just sealed our faith. Nothing new here.

Is that a joke? I was right above that play at the game and Cotchery just dragged him down to break up the INT. thats why there was no INT, because cotchery threw him down.

#1 The Pats D-line is still nothng to sneeze at.. But Agree there were few gaping holes--Schotty underused Washington here. He was making plays early on and has the explosiveness to freeze backers and make them chase. Jones is a guy that's more easily attcked.

#2 See: #1 Also--IMO this should have been the Washington, Baker and Keller show. No reason those creaky backers should have been allowed to keep coming forward without paying for it.

#3 Word is bond. Its all about exploiting matchups.

TJ needs to be the backup, that's for sure. Next week it is very possible that the Chargers will start Sproles, who is even smaller than Washington. I don't want to hear anything about Leon being too small after this.

Leon is just going to have a career year in his contract year, and then go somewhere else, because we refuse to use him now when we have leverage over him and can see what he can do.

Archived