A Hard Dose Of Reality - This Team Isn't That Good

The Gun Of Bavaria

Guys, I'm as pissed as anyone, but I'm not jumping ship on the season. We still have some very easy games ahead (Next week may be ugly though) that I think we could win. This was never going to be an instantly effective team, it will need some time to get completely in sync.

Bad performance today, very bad! It's still week 2 though.

As the Brett Favre Kool-Aid wears off and reality slowly begins to creep back into view, it's become painfully obviously that this team, in addition to its coaching staff, isn't as good that we've all sort of convinced ourselves they are in the past few weeks.

as brutal as that was to watch, it's still a long season and this team is still much improved from the last few years.

the offense could never get in any kind of rhythm this game. partially on schott, partially on favre, and partially on all of the same penalties that kill drives.

this team will only get better from here and the defense has the chance to be special if they weren't on their heels from such ****ty punts.

as brutal as that was to watch, it's still a long season and this team is still much improved from the last few years.

the offense could never get in any kind of rhythm this game. partially on schott, partially on favre, and partially on all of the same penalties that kill drives.

this team will only get better from here and the defense has the chance to be special if they weren't on their heels from such ****ty punts.

Well put. :)

The offenhse just looks clueless out there and I don't care what anyone says, Favre doesn't look like he's 100% committed, mentally. It's obvious he's WAY behind the power curve with that offense and it doesn't help that the play calling, possibly because of his lack of knowledge, is equally as bad.

As the Brett Favre Kool-Aid wears off and reality slowly begins to creep back into view, it's become painfully obviously that this team, in addition to its coaching staff, isn't as good that we've all sort of convinced ourselves they are in the past few weeks.

Mangini and Comapny strike again. We have a coaching staff that can't call a game to save their life, a decent defense, but a remainder of a team that believes losing is OK as long as you collect a paycheck! Parcells was right----this orginization has a losing mentality!

The Jets can play much better. And, they probably will.

Its a new scheme for a lot of guys on defense. Farve isnt comfortable either. That seemed obvious by his facial expressions. Adapting just takes time.

It's the same old Jets, who don't feel like playing aggressive from start to finish.

Look everyone. I know the system is new for a lot of the guys. I know Favre is new to a system after 16 years.

I'm not as upset about that, as I am the obvious lack of aggressiveness and at times, heart, I saw on the field today.

Being 'knowledgeable" about an offense and "aggressive" as a offense/coaching staff is 2 different things.

Fact is, I didn't see much aggressiveness or sense of urgency/importance out there today and in my opinion, it falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

Look everyone. I know the system is new for a lot of the guys. I know Favre is new to a system after 16 years.

I'm not as upset about that, as I am the obvious lack of aggressiveness and at times, heart, I saw on the field today.

Being 'knowledgeable" about an offense and "aggressive" as a offense/coaching staff is 2 different things.

Fact is, I didn't see much aggressiveness or sense of urgency/importance out there today and in my opinion, it falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

They simply didnt go in for the kill today. There is no denying it.

The facts are:

The patsies are not that different from the team that won 18 games last year.

Brady or no Brady that kid proved that he is VERY serviceable at the QB slot - he AIN'T Tom Terrific but he sure isnt Brooks Bollinger. We didn't execute but good teams keep you from executing well. Play call flat sucks and special teams are looking Pop Warner calibre. I don't think Eric Mangini knows how to fix problems very well. We will be in great shape if he addresses the shotty and sutton shortcomings - but I dont know if he will.

Nah, this one is on us. Not the refs. Lets be real here, we should have been leading at halftime but we blew it.

No way 3rd Qtr we were driving, the phantom PI killed us. The holding (Woody) just sealed our faith. Nothing new here.

No way 3rd Qtr we were driving, the phantom PI killed us. The holding (Woody) just sealed our faith. Nothing new here.

What phanton PI? The one where cotchery just dragged the defender down because it'd have been INTed otherwise? And that was an obvious hold by Woody. He got beat, if he doesn't hold, that's a 2 yard loss.

Stop blaming the refs. The players had no idea what they were doing, and that is the coaching staff's fault. Poor gameplan, poor playcalling, poor preparation.

Mangini needs to kick him and the rest of the coaching staff's asses. Completely unacceptable.

favre was one of the bright spots today.

What phanton PI? The one where cotchery just dragged the defender down because it'd have been INTed otherwise? And that was an obvious hold by Woody. He got beat, if he doesn't hold, that's a 2 yard loss.

Stop blaming the refs. The players had no idea what they were doing, and that is the coaching staff's fault. Poor gameplan, poor playcalling, poor preparation.

Mangini needs to kick him and the rest of the coaching staff's asses. Completely unacceptable.

mangini needs to kick his own self right in his big floppy man-boobs.

Both Cotch and Hobbs ( i think) were looking for the ball NO CALL. Hows was it poor planning? 9 times out of 10 it would've went the offense way. Give me a break. PI was BOGUS!

I haven't been this disappointed and heartbroken since AJ Duhe intercepted that pass in '82.

I have also never hated the effin Gheytriots more. Those jerks win all the time, regardless of their personnel.

The Jets just don't get it. They won't build depth. They won't get creative with their offense. They won't overcome mistakes.

We suck. WE just suck.

:bag:

Both Cotch and Hobbs ( i think) were looking for the ball NO CALL. Hows was it poor planning? 9 times out of 10 it would've went the offense way. Give me a break. PI was BOGUS!

It was O'Neal, and Cotchery was covered like a blanket and he threw O'Neal out of the way to come back for the ball.

It was definitely PI, but the roughing the passer call in the 4th was total crap.

He literally grabbed him and pushed him down. You are such a homer. Cotchery could have pulled a gun and shot Hobbs and you would say the refs made a bad call.

Just another kick in the nuts.

I do think though this team is going to be good. They just got beat up on the LOS and it showed late in the game.

Offensive and DL just have to be more physical and man do we need a guy who can punch it from short distance cause Jones just didn't get the job today.

They'll be okay though.

Archived