I cannot believe the idiotic negative overreaction to this loss

nico002

The defense played very well. We got a ton of pressure on Cassell and Moss was completely shut down. We allowed absolutely no big plays.

If we don't miss that stupid field goal, it is a COMPLETELY different game.

I don't understand how people can argue against running the ball from the 1 yard line. 99% of the time a team will be able to advance the ball 1 ****ing yard with three tries. We failed, big deal. It was the right call. It has nothing to do with being gutsy, its the obvious and smart play there. I don't care if you have the greatest offense of all time, at the one yard line. You run the freaking ball.

Farve had a VERY solid game with only one mistake. He made several key 3rd downs and had a few long plays to get the offense moving.

Dropped passes, questionable calls, 3rd and 23. Etc. We we actually were in a decent situation, we moved the ball. Nothing was going our way.

Cassell did absolutely nothing. His biggest play was a total fluke grab off a deflection by faulk.

If we play this team 10 times we beat the 8. We looked like the superior team everywhere except the scoreboard. I watched the game with three neutral fans and they all agreed, the Patriots did not look superior at all. It just than NOTHING went our way.

Calm down, there are 14 games left.

The defense played very well. We got a ton of pressure on Cassell and Moss was completely shut down. We allowed absolutely no big plays.

I don't understand how people can argue against running the ball from the 1 yard line. 99% of the time a team will be able to advance the ball 1 ****ing yard with three tries. We failed, big deal. It was the right call. It has nothing to do with being gutsy, its the obvious and smart play there. I don't care if you have the greatest offense of all time, at the one yard line. You run the freaking ball.

Farve had a VERY solid game with only one mistake. He made several key 3rd downs and had a few long plays to get the offense moving.

Dropped passes, questionable calls, 3rd and 23. Etc. We we actually were in a decent situation, we moved the ball. Nothing was going our way.

Cassell did absolutely nothing. His biggest play was a total fluke grab off a deflection by faulk.

If we play this team 10 times we beat the 8. We looked like the superior team everywhere except the scoreboard. I watched the game with three neutral fans and they all agreed, the Patriots did not look superior at all. It just than NOTHING went our way.

Me too! Lamont Jordan tore us up in the second half! I can't remember who, but someone said we should sign him when he was available. Now I think we should of, just to keep him away from the Patriots!

Maybe people are pissed because this is exactly what the Jets do every single year. "Almost there but not enough"

I'm not one to think about the positives of a loss. By your measurements, last year was a banner year by virtue that most of our losses came by 7 points or less.

Only the Jets would run three straight draw plays on the goalline and come up short. I had to ask myself whether Paul Hackett was running this offense when I watched that.

This isn't a team that would beat the Pat's 8/10. If history recalls, we've won ONE meeting out of the last 10 with the Patriots.

Sure.... I should be thrilled... the JETS lost to a QB who never started a college or NFL game...

I should be thrilled that the JETS put up just as good or less of a fight than the Herm Edwards led KC Chiefs...

Just stop.... the JETS blew it.

What I want to know is where were our receivers? How many times did Brett have to dump it off, and end up losing yards? I remember one possession where there were two consecutive passes for a loss. At one point, Franks had caught 2 passes for negative yards. The announcers didn't really say what was up, was everyone well covered downfield or was this just the Pennington playbook still? Also, where the hell did Cotchery disappear to?

We spit up 7 points. The run calls at the goal line and the missed FG. But I still think they were the better prepared team today. I would really like to have anybody other than BS calling plays. Hell, BP called them when Weis was our OC.

That was one drive.

There were several deep attempts and completions.

Cotchery grabbed a bomb but it was called back for a penalty.

Do you guys watch the games or just look at the stat line? I mean, you can't expect to go deep on every play, there were several big throws and attempts at making big plays.

We had awful field position all day and we didn't get any breaks.

It's not like the Pats beat us by bombing down the field. Their offense was anemic.

That was one drive.

There were several deep attempts and completions.

Cotchery grabbed a bomb but it was called back for a penalty.

Do you guys watch the games or just look at the stat line? I mean, you can't expect to go deep on every play, there were several big throws and attempts at making big plays.

We had awful field position all day and we didn't get any breaks.

It's not like the Pats beat us by bombing down the field. Their offense was anemic.

Cotchery grabbed a bomb after he was covered like a blanket all the way down the field and threw the DB out of the way. They have NO THREATS. Nobody is worried about big plays from them unless the QB have a long time to let someone get lost in the traffic.

Did you watch the game? When we need a stop we get passive and lay back. When NE wants to put the game away, they came at Favre with numerous rushers. The Jets NEVER do that.

If their offense was anemic, then what was the Jets' offense? They outgained us, after all. Their game plans are pathetic. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure they have a plan.

Obviously, you haven't been a Jet fan for a long time. I've seen us make stars of nobodies for too long now. And that is not meant as a shot at you, personally.

I don't know very many teams that would run against the Patriots 3 times in a row right up the gut at the goal line, and then kick a FG on 4th down. It's one thing to make a statement--if Mangini ran it the 4th time and failed again, then he can go into the locker room and lay into the offense. But instead he kicks the FG.

Btw, if we do fail on 4th and goal, at least we back them up. Instead they always get the ball in our territory.

99% of the time, when someone sneezes, snot will spray out of their nose. Snot never sprays out of my nose when I sneeze though. Expecting it to do so would be silly.

T.Jones is like my snot. He's not like 99% of RBs. The coaching staff should know that. No harm in giving it one try, but three is stupid as hell.

if if if if if

We don't execute. We don't overcome adversity. We just fold in the fourth quarter every time. This was the first time in years we could legitimately beat those jagoffs and we just blew it.

Archived